New to All This

• 1 month later...

I tried when I had Mac but no way of getting it to work. I had it running on a virtual box on Windows xp but wasn't a smooth experience. Just switched from Mac to PC, didn't run on Windows 10 so installed Windows 7 on 2nd hard drive for dual boot and now it runs like a dream and smooth 

will for the windows did you try the comapbilty mode of 10.

mac i thinkuser are out of luck unless you an use virutal copy of windows like the pc can viruatl other os windside the native os a system is running. the idea idea in reverse.

i dont have a mac so i dont what you need but i do nkw the prcess is he same, as read about for a computer, just remember the exacts right now

• 1 year later...

This is for PC and desktops, so only read on if you have a PC desktop to use. A laptop running secondary OSes on external HDDs isn't something I know anything about..

@Thomas1731 - I just went through a TON of tests to make this work and asked friends highly skilled in Windows OS manipulation. This game simply needs a 7 or XP environment to run. I know a lot about computers and this stuff even goes over my head, but it has to do with the actual way 10 and the previous versions process data and graphics. 10 is never going to work.
Emulation will get you -- possibly -- to a place where you can run the game, but hidden Win10 processes going on in the background will still have the potential to cause problems. They may not cause problems, sure. But even if you have perfect performance, when and if anything goes wrong you will not only have way more variables to test out to find the culprit, you'll also have an even smaller database of users to ask for help from. Get yourself Windows 7 or XP, get yourself a HDD, install it to the HDD, and use it to run the game. That's the cheapest way. Assuming you already have the game and you only need to spend less than 100 for Windows, then yes, it is worth it.

Archived