Uni Mods coming

BallFour

Hey all. I was wondering if there was any demand for an updated St. Louis Browns uniform set. It would be a modern take on the retro uniforms. The inspiration for this is the gorgeous logo the Browns used from 1936-51. If anyone is interested in it, I'd be happy to take a crack at it. I could even create a new logo set if the demand is there (and the audio can probably be taken from one of the TC mods). Let me know if you want them.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up, how about some 90s Devil Rays? I'm thinking the complete inaugural set - Tampa Bay's original rainbow gradient unis, plus uniforms for the Durham Bulls, Orlando Rays, and St. Petersburg Devil Rays (featuring a SUPER RARE TO FIND road jersey) in '98. To give you a hint at what we're looking at, here are some pics.

Update: I found a great set for the TB Devil Rays already in MVP 07, so I won't be doing those after all. The minor league uni sets will still be worked on, though.

durham-bulls-jersey-rawlings-l-size_1_49

game-used-orlando-rays-baseball_1_a7bad9

(Not going to post the rare St. Petersburg image until I've modded them. :D)

And at last, here it is. The St. Petersburg Devil Rays. The home uni was easy enough to create, since it's basically the Tampa Bay Devil Rays original home uni, but the road uniform was the rare one. A picture of this jersey took me (seriously) 3 years to find.

st-pete-petersburg-devil-rays-game_1_ccc0b7dcbe2506913f9041288b39fb5a.jpg

But at long last, I've found it, and created the uniforms, so I hope I did it some justice!

stpetehome.jpg

stpeteroad.jpg

Hey everybody. It looks like Comcast doesn't like MVPMods unless I'm connected straight up from my modem to my computer rather than going through a router. This is incredibly frustrating for me, but I can still upload files from work (where I'm at now and can access the site perfectly fine). I'm still planning on doing a livestream sometime, and I'll post in the shoutbox when I'm ready. In the meantime, I'll do my best to keep posting mods from work when I'm able. Thanks for your patience!

Due to the aforementioned connection crap, I'll announce here that next up is the other expansion team from 1998, the Arizona Diamondbacks. I'll resurrect their inaugural home and road jerseys, then get to work on some of the sweet alternate ones they wore during their first couple of seasons. After finishing Arizona, I'll work on their minor league affiliates, which are the Tucson Sidewinders and the High Desert Mavericks. Back in the '98 season, they didn't have a AA affiliate, but in 1999, they took over the El Paso Diablos. To fill the void, I'll also work on inaugural uniforms for the Erie Seawolves and the Altoona Curve of the AA Eastern League. That should keep me busy for a while. 

1998-home-vest-white.jpg

That's right, the ice cream hats are coming! I've scheduled a livestream for 5pm EST tomorrow. You can find it by checking out the Shoutbox or by clicking the link here. So, if you need to escape the family for a few, come check out my stream.

I've been working on the 90s project a bunch lately, so what do you say we focus on a modern team in my next podcast? Since I'm going to be visiting home for the holidays, let's go with the Binghamton Rumble Ponies. It's a uni set I'll be making from scratch, so it should be something fun to see.

binghamton-rumble-ponies-300x193.jpg

I'll schedule the stream for Wednesday, January 4th, giving everyone (aka, me) a chance to recover from the holidays. You can find the link by clicking here.

Hey man,

Finishing up watching the stream from the other night. Big thanks for that! My Photoshop skills are pretty basic and picking up on your tips has already been fruitful - I've updated three cyberfaces for Total Classics 1995 tonight. I had no idea about the clone stamp tool!

Hey man,

Finishing up watching the stream from the other night. Big thanks for that! My Photoshop skills are pretty basic and picking up on your tips has already been fruitful - I've updated three cyberfaces for Total Classics 1995 tonight. I had no idea about the clone stamp tool!

Yeah, it is a total lifesaver for me. I'm not sure where to find it in the newer editions of Photoshop, but it's right there in my toolbar in 7.0. I believe I learned about that when I took a media editing course in college. Who knew that college classes would actually help in the real world! :p

Anyway, I'm already looking forward to my next stream after the new year. 

Finally finished the rest of the grunt work on the D-Backs inaugural uniforms. Ice cream man hats are back!

Hmm... after doing a little bit of research, the front of the road jersey is looking a little weak. I'm having the BallFour girlfriend be a real trooper and help double check things while at work. Keep an eye out for a 2.0 version early tomorrow morning.

Hey all! Just a friendly reminder that I'll be livestreaming this coming Wednesday at 5pm EST. You can follow along by clicking here. On the docket is the new uni set for the Binghamton Rumble Ponies. Here's what to anticipate.

Rumble-Ponies-Uniforms-ME.jpg

Very excited for the next stream, although I'll have to watch it after. The first one was very informative.

One request - when you're switching between tools, can you make it extra clear what tool you're using and where to find it?

Very excited for the next stream, although I'll have to watch it after. The first one was very informative.

One request - when you're switching between tools, can you make it extra clear what tool you're using and where to find it?

Will do!

Another good stream man, thanks a lot!

One minor thing I noticed - I saw you imported files directly via BigGui. I usually recommend installing files into Models.big only via Total Installer Thingy. Models.big seems to be way more sensitive than any other of the .big files - would hate to have you end up with a corrupted models.big.

Another good stream man, thanks a lot!

One minor thing I noticed - I saw you imported files directly via BigGui. I usually recommend installing files into Models.big only via Total Installer Thingy. Models.big seems to be way more sensitive than any other of the .big files - would hate to have you end up with a corrupted models.big.

Much appreciated, but through much trial and error, I've been going with models.big through it all. Appreciate the concern though!

Archived