Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to put a mod in my game?

joelbaby

3 hours ago, joelbaby said:

I haven't seen any of those files could you give me an example of one that has one?

I see you are brand new so I will try to help. There are no tutorials on how to install a mod in your game. As Jim stated most mods come with a readme file that tells you what you need to know about installing it.  You yourself must have the patience and ability to understand what is being said in the readme file and follow the directions that's in it.

Here is an example of one. Please note this mod is for MVP 2005 and if you don't have that game don't bother downloading it. This is the Total Classics 1976 mod and Jim has provided the readme for this mod in two places. First you will see it in the link and then you will see it after you download. People who used this mod read the directions, downloaded it and then installed the mod exactly how it was described.

There's your example.

Does there really need to be a readme file for how to install a mod for mlb2K? Dude, download the file with a program such as winzip. Open the file folder containing the mod file, then copy/paste the mod file directly into your mlb2k game folder. Can an admin please create a youtube video showing this process in detail?  :wacko:

14 hours ago, scottybilly said:

Does there really need to be a readme file for how to install a mod for mlb2K? Dude, download the file with a program such as winzip. Open the file folder containing the mod file, then copy/paste the mod file directly into your mlb2k game folder. Can an admin please create a youtube video showing this process in detail?  :wacko:

Just because you know how to do it doesn't mean he does.  It's easy enough to do if you've done it before, but how would he know how to extract it or where to copy it if he had never done this before?  Talking down to people because they don't know how to do something doesn't help.

Now Jim I understand what you mean and I totally get it. My post in here was aimed simply to get a smile and nothing else. I'd of deleted it myself later on. I recall very well when I got these two games (Mvp '04 and '05) and how nervous I was installing a new uniform or just about anything else.

With a little bit of practice this guy will be installing new stuff like a pro. In fact today I am going to write up a tutorial for any new person to follow.

• 5 months later...

Archived