Have Cloud Computer - will legal ISO work?

taltal13

Hey all, 

I'm using a cloud computer (Paperspace + Parsec).  If I bought the game legally somewhere (ebay, CL, etc.) and made an ISO so I could install on my cloud computer, you think there would be any issues?  Not talking about torrenting or any illegal downloads. 

I don't know much about cloud computers but I do know if you buy any game legally you will have a lot less problems running it. Make and ISO and give it a shot. That's all I can tell you . And you are doing the right thing by staying away from torrents and illegal downloading of the two most popular game here (Mvp '05 and MLB 2k12.)

I've used my iso for years. It's helped preserve the original cds. I've never used a cloud machine so I can't say how the game will work on those systems, so you'll have to test it to see. But as far as making an iso, it shouldn't be an issue. Once you install the game, it's completely portable. It takes up so little room that you can even put it on a jump drive.

21 hours ago, Homer said:

I've used my iso for years. It's helped preserve the original cds. I've never used a cloud machine so I can't say how the game will work on those systems, so you'll have to test it to see. But as far as making an iso, it shouldn't be an issue. Once you install the game, it's completely portable. It takes up so little room that you can even put it on a jump drive.

Is that so? I mean, I'd never need to put it on a jump drive but is it really that portable as long as you just have the installation  and an ISO of the discs? I as well have been using the images I made years ago of my discs because I'm certain that the discs would be dead by now if I didn't. Come to think of it, seeing as how the price of the game keep sgoing up and up online, I've been meaning to throw ISOs of it and several other out of print games on my three backup hdds that I use for music, photos, and documents. If I lost certain games right now, I'd be screwed because the discs stopped working on some of them long ago.

Yeah completely portable. Except Windows 10. Nothing works with Windows 10. Just copy the entire game folder. I have mine on a jump drive with the isos. So when I switch to a different computer, it just needs daemon tools lite or something to mount the isos, and the game works fine. But yes, you should back up those files. 

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Yeah completely portable. Except Windows 10. Nothing works with Windows 10. Just copy the entire game folder. I have mine on a jump drive with the isos. So when I switch to a different computer, it just needs daemon tools lite or something to mount the isos, and the game works fine. But yes, you should back up those files. 

I'll have to dig around to see if there's a way to install a portable Win7 install on a flash drive and then have this stuff on there.

Archived