Short Season Projector Issues

padmsc

I recently downloaded the Short Season Projector (thank you, dennisjames71) and also have .NET Framework 2.0 installed, but I can't seem to get the SSP to work.  I searched the site here, but have come up empty so far.  Can someone please point me in the right direction?  Many thanks.

Just in case your issue with the short season projector is not related to windows 10; you'll want to make sure to alt-tab out of your game around the end of August (in your dynasty/season) and run the utility.  The end of August/early September is typically when your minor league affiliates' seasons are ending. Run the utility,alt-tab back into the game, save your season, quit, and then re-open the season/dynasty file and go to your schedule and you now should be able to advance through the month of September/early October and into the MLB-level playoffs.

I have no problems whatsoever running MVP 2005 and the TC mods on Win 10.  I just cannot get the utility to run at all (in fact, I'm finding I'm having problems running any of tywiggins' utilities, even in compatibility modes).  First off, I just wanted to make sure the utility was self-running as opposed to something that was supposed to be "installed" in the mod in some manner.  Dennis answered that part for me with his explanation (obviously the utility is self-running).  So now I'm wondering if it may either be that .NET Framework 2.0, upon which the utility is based, just doesn't function properly with Win 10 (since it comes standard with a version above 4.0), or that the problem is that I have a bad copy of the utility (which I kind of doubt).  Based on this, any other thoughts?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, padmsc said:

I have no problems whatsoever running MVP 2005 and the TC mods on Win 10.  I just cannot get the utility to run at all (in fact, I'm finding I'm having problems running any of tywiggins' utilities, even in compatibility modes).  First off, I just wanted to make sure the utility was self-running as opposed to something that was supposed to be "installed" in the mod in some manner.  Dennis answered that part for me with his explanation (obviously the utility is self-running).  So now I'm wondering if it may either be that .NET Framework 2.0, upon which the utility is based, just doesn't function properly with Win 10 (since it comes standard with a version above 4.0), or that the problem is that I have a bad copy of the utility (which I kind of doubt).  Based on this, any other thoughts?

Thanks.

You know what, I should have mentioned in my post that I did try the short season projector utility with TC 1915 to verify how it's supposed to work; but I successfully used it in Windows 7.  I didn't get around to trying it with my WIN 10 laptop so the utility might not work with WIN 10 unfortunately. 

I ran into a similar problem with another TyWiggins utility (The Schedule Updater) where you can change the season year to the correct year (such 1979 if you are playing a season with TC 1979) and you can have the first game of the season starting on the correct day and date of that year.  I do all of my modding and play all of my games on a WIN 7 system and that Schedule Updater utility never works for me.  In the past; I've had to send my season file over to others and they were kind enough to change the day/date/year for me with their WIN XP machines.  Unfortunately, I noticed a couple of different utilities that became incompatible with WIN 7 once I switched from XP about 8 years ago.

Dennis,

Thanks for the information.  I guess I'll just need to scout around some more to see if there's a way I can get the utilities to run in a .NET 4.## environment with some other form of work-around.  I thought I was on the right track when I found some information on the Microsoft website regarding enabling .NET 2.0 & 3.0 in Windows 10, but so far it hasn't helped the situation.  I have a few other ideas I'm going to try...assuming that I'm at least on the right track.

Gordo,

I would love to make a contribution like you mentioned, but the strange thing is, I did absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.  I simply ran the basic install for the program and it did everything you'd expect it to do.  Then, to run the mod, I just copied the folder from another machine I was previously playing on (which was on Windows 7) and, BINGO, everything fit like a glove.  That's what had me a little bamboozled as I read through the thread of some many people having so many problems running on Windows 10.  If I get even the slightest clue of what may possibly be different in my environment, I'll be glad to pass it along.  The only thing I can think of at the moment is that I'm running it on a brand new Microsoft Surface Go (and I wasn't even sure if the video card would handle it since it's integrated, but there's no problem.)

Archived