MAJOR BUG - CPU baserunning bug found in MVP baseball 2005

frankynaky

I have found a major bug that involves CPU baserunners not taggin up and going home when there is deep pop up / or the CPU baserunner on first not advancing when there is a run down with a CPU baserunner on third (a run down being that the the CPU baserunner gets caught between the 3rd and home and is chased by the catcher and third baseman....)

I'm a fomer tester for MVP baseball 2003, NBA live 2003, and NHL 2003 at EA Canada, so i like to think i know what a bug is for all those who doubt my credibility!

Anyways first scenerio,

A CPU baserunner on third and either one or two outs, and the CPU hitter hits a deep pop out in the outfield - THE BUG BEING - that the CPU runner on third does not tag up and go home

At first i thought maybe it was because the CPU runner had low speed attributes, but after the same bug occured with R. Baldini of Tampay Bay (which has like 90 speed) and Johny Damon of Boston Red Sox (Which also has like 90 speed) i figured that was not the case. THan i figured my outfielder throw speed might be too high which made the CPU runners not want to tag up, but the settings where at -10 on All Star and USER outfielder who on most occasion caught the pop up did not have strong THROWING STRENTGH ATTRIBUTES - so i came to the conclusion that this was a CPU BASERUNNIG BUG!

I have tested thise out a couple of times so im pretty sure its a bug

Second Scenerio

When a CPU runner on third its caugh in a hot box between 3rd and home, the CPU runner on 1st will not even try to get a lead off to first, even though it is quite obvious that the USER fielders are occupied with trying to get the HOT BOXED CPU baserunner out between home and third.

THis is not as bad a bug as the first, as the CPU runner on first might be programmed to take precautionary measures, but still you would like to think that the CPU runner on fist would be programmed to take adavantage of a situation such as CPU runner being hot boxed between 3rd and home. Its not so much that its a major bug, but it looks dumb how the CPU baserunner is cemented to first base while there is a run down going on.

Anyways, that is what i found, should we start protesting to EA, lol i used to work there and i know if you guys rant enough they sometimes fix these thing, but i also know that MVP baseball is usually the game with the least priority for the company.

Anyways see if you guys can emulate a situation where this bugs will come up, i'm not saying that a 100% about this bugs (maybe 95%) so if you guys find taht i'm wrong, well ill bite the bullet. But i am confident they are bugs, and as you know we have to catch these early so that we have somewhat of a chance that EA will do something about it.

I've seen guys tag and score from third...it must be due to some specific circumstance...

One thing I did notice last night was a guy that didn't try to score from third on a wild pitch..I'm sure he would have easily scored if he tried...similar thing happend on an errant throw to first, the guy didn't try to go second when I'm sure he would have made it...

on an errant throw to first, the guy didn't try to go second when I'm sure he would have made it

I had it happen where on the errant throw my 1st basemen got 'stuck' and couldn't get to the errant ball, so the batter went all the way around and scored.

While i agree that the bug might occur on just specific situations, the fact that it occurs should be a concern to MVP baseball 2005 gamers. Because you want the game to be as real as possible, even if it means you get beat by the CPU on a tag from third. I mean i enjoy the game even if i loose, but i hate winning because of a bug, specially one as silly as this. Tagging up is a fundamental part of the game, and many runs are scored that way, i just was hoping that by posting this maybe there would be enough of a protest to EA to fix this. If not, well so far the good has outweighed the bad for this game and in saying that i think i could live with the bug (hesitantly) as i know the power is in the gamers, and if the gamers dont care, well EA will especially dont care

i dont know ill try it - but i dont like runner aggressive to high becasue than you can never turn double plays because the CPU runner going from 1st to second tries to kill your infielders - but its not an issue of aggresiveness, its more a issue that the CPU runners take no action as if they arent programmed to respond to such a situation which would be a bug!

...A CPU baserunner on third and either one or two outs, and the CPU hitter hits a deep pop out in the outfield - THE BUG BEING - that the CPU runner on third does not tag up and go home

I don't doubt what you found as I have yet to play the game yet...but with two outs you don't need to tag....so do you mean that he just stays at third???

With no outs or one out (not two i stand corrected) when CPU baserunner is on third, the CPU runner wont move or tag up on a deep fly ball - he just stays there on a deep foul ball even though he has a clear shot of scoring a run!! - so yeah that was my mistake

With no outs or one out (not two i stand corrected) when CPU baserunner is on third, the CPU runner wont move or tag up on a deep fly ball - he just stays there on a deep foul ball even though he has a clear shot of scoring a run!! - so yeah that was my mistake

No worries...but man this sucks! :x

Here is a bug I had yesterday:

playing on defense I had a easy infield flyball caught by Jeter.Just to test my Doubleplay 6-4-3,I threw to 2nd base and then to 1st and guess what:

the computerplayer who just was called out on the flyball was called safe on first base and given a basehit.I watched the replay for proof and Jeter clearly caught the ball.

I just tested this on scenario editor....the CPU runner tagged properly on the sac fly everytime.

Edit: And this was on stock settings. And yes I see lots of stealing....and they are tough to throw out too!

Are you playing Rookie, Pro, All-Star, or MVP mode?

Here is a bug I had yesterday:

playing on defense I had a easy infield flyball caught by Jeter.Just to test my Doubleplay 6-4-3,I threw to 2nd base and then to 1st and guess what:

the computerplayer who just was called out on the flyball was called safe on first base and given a basehit.I watched the replay for proof and Jeter clearly caught the ball.

the hitter most likly hit the plate right when he hit it...

this whole game is a bug; jesus i can't even pitch or hit for that matter cause the ball is so damn choppy. fuck this piece of crap; im glad i downloaded this piece of shit and wasn't one of the suckers that actually paid money for it.

Not sure why you guys are having problems with this. For me, I use Pared's sliders for All-Star level with a little tweaking (all pitching variables). But today, with my drafted KC Royals team against a drafted Angels team, the Angels had men on 1st and 3rd with one out in the 7th inning, the man on first proceeds to steal 2nd and I let him go because I didn't want to take the chance throwing out the guy stealing since Rafael Furcal was standing on 3rd. Anyways, the next batter, Adam Dunn, hits a pitch to about Mid Center, where I have Rocco Baldelli playing, and as soon as I caught it, Furcal started taking off towards home and scored right before the ball got to home.

• 3 months later...

Hey... I have a question... Where can i adjust baserunners speed animation ratio? I think i might have made a mistake somewhere in my datafile... I was adding Spitoons Walk Fix, and i think i moved something i wasnt supposed to... The baserunners keep going fast but the animation looks like they´re going very slow (lazy like) Do you know where i can fix this....? I´ve made many other changes to this datafile but i dont recall making changes to any baserunners animation

this whole game is a bug; jesus i can't even pitch or hit for that matter cause the ball is so damn choppy. [naughty word] this piece of crap; im glad i downloaded this piece of [naughty word] and wasn't one of the suckers that actually paid money for it.

Maybe YOU should try 'Backyard' Baseball. I hear its more user friendly :twisted:

Archived