CPU Generated Free Agents

BallFour

Hey all. I didn't see anything about this cropping up before, but I'm getting a bunch of CPU generated free agents in addition to the ones that I've already got in the free agent pool. These guys the CPU is creating are freaking gods. Like, MVP caliber starters at the Major League level good. Is there any way to tone down the stats that the CPU auto-generates for these guys? 

On a side note, should I just fill the free agent pool with actual players so that I don't even have to worry about the CPU guys? 

Seems unavoidable.  If you notice in the manager's area, if you "reset FA pool" and look at it, you'll see only your FAs and a few hidden ones at the bottom.  But, as soon as you go back to the rosters and then back the FA pool, they return.  I've even tried to reset, then save the roster, then load, but they appear.  Seems hard-coded.  I think EA blew it on this one.

Good thought.... gonna play around with it (this gets in the way when you're doing fantasy drafts as well .... these guys always end up on some teams)

Addendum:  I took out all the names from the names.csv in rookies.big and the game crashed.

2 hours ago, Gordo said:

Good thought.... gonna play around with it (this gets in the way when you're doing fantasy drafts as well .... these guys always end up on some teams)

Addendum:  I took out all the names from the names.csv in rookies.big and the game crashed.

Dang. If you wanna poke around the progress.big file like KC suggested, I'll do the same when I get home from work later tonight. Maybe there's a few values there that can be adjusted? 

Also, in my poking around the progress.big, there's actually a stadium.csv file there. So you can actually set the parks to match their HR probabilities and XBH probabilities, which is really cool. In my MVP 98 mod, all of those stadium values are still from 2005, so I can adjust Seattle, Houston, Detroit, and other stadiums to better reflect that they're hitter or pitcher parks.

If anyone is interested in taking a crack at this for their mods, here's a pretty good list of park factors:

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2014/3/16/5447692/fun-with-park-factors-a-follow-up

Archived