PC: MVP 2005 doesn't recognize my controller

BJDocHalladay

I'm using an 8BitDo controller on Windows XP.  Now windows XP does recognize the controller as when I go into the controller settings it shows me the amount of buttons and the analog sticks work.  But when I boot up MVP Baseball, of course it doesn't recognize this as a controller and I'm not sure how to go about it.  I can attach screenshots if requested.  My controller shows up on windows xp as "wireless controller". I've read previous threads about going into regedit but I'm not really sure what to change 😕

2 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

It probably means that the controller that you have is not supported by Mvp 2005. A lot of people have had good success with a Logitech or Saitek P880 controller

Damn, looks like I can pick up one of those cheaply it seems.

4 hours ago, BJDocHalladay said:

I'm using an 8BitDo controller on Windows XP.  Now windows XP does recognize the controller as when I go into the controller settings it shows me the amount of buttons and the analog sticks work.  But when I boot up MVP Baseball, of course it doesn't recognize this as a controller and I'm not sure how to go about it.  I can attach screenshots if requested.  My controller shows up on windows xp as "wireless controller". I've read previous threads about going into regedit but I'm not really sure what to change 😕

You won't even need to buy a new controller. What needs to be edited is the controller.cfg file that MVP 2005 creates for your controller. I just need to know what's the make and model of the controller. Is it the SN30 Pro?

2 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

You won't even need to buy a new controller. What needs to be edited is the controller.cfg file that MVP 2005 creates for your controller. I just need to know what's the make and model of the controller. Is it the SN30 Pro?

Its the N30pro

17 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

Gotcha. It's odd that it's supported by XP. Do you know which buttons are which when you calibrate the controller? Like XBAY might be Button 1, 2, etc.

Well I'll let you in on a secret.  I'm able to play the game on a virtual machine.  So when I go to the usb configuration on virtual box.  It actually calls the controller "Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller [0100]"

But to your question

x ---- 4

b ---- 2

a ---- 3

y ---- 1

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 5.56.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 5.56.37 PM.png

it says Logitech dual action because I wrote that in hoping it would confuse windows xp so ignore that

Just now, Kccitystar said:

I thought it was an N30 Pro? I'm confused at how its detected as a PS4 controller.

Yeah I'm also not sure why it comes up as Sony, which may throw a wrench in how we approach this lol.   I would say it would have something to do with the usb device code but it is most certainly a N30 Pro.  

Archived