Uniform Modding

SeattleFan95

Hi I have a quick question about uniform modding. How am I supposed to tell what uniform file corresponds for which team? For example, I go into the frontend folder and I open the uniform.big file with bigGUI, but all I get are files with names like 000.fsh, 000a.fsh, 000b.fsh, and so on. If I were to try and find say the Seattle Mariners normal home jersey, how do I identify it among all the files? 

33 minutes ago, SeattleFan95 said:

Hi I have a quick question about uniform modding. How am I supposed to tell what uniform file corresponds for which team? For example, I go into the frontend folder and I open the uniform.big file with bigGUI, but all I get are files with names like 000.fsh, 000a.fsh, 000b.fsh, and so on. If I were to try and find say the Seattle Mariners normal home jersey, how do I identify it among all the files? 

The pinned thread on this forum has a post on this

Thank you so much for the help! You guys are the best! Now, if I wanted to move one uniform from a mod to another mod, how is this accomplished? Example, say I wanted to take a uniform from a 1993 Mod and put it into a 1997 Mod, how would I do that? I tried exporting from the 1993 mod and importing into the 1997 mod, but the game would just crash.

If you are getting files from uniforms.big then that’s your problem. That file contains the uniform previews (the images that show up when you select a uniform) and not the uniforms themselves. The uniforms are in the data\models.big file. The uniforms have a ‘u’ in front of them (u001a.fsh, u001b.fsh, etc.) and the corresponding fonts for the uniforms have an ‘f’ in front of them (f001a.fsh, f001b.fsh, etc.).

25 minutes ago, SeattleFan95 said:

Worked like a charm, @Jim825! Did everything and it loaded up no problem! My final question is that is there a way to have the uniform preview available? It only appears as a black screen when I'm at the uniform selection screen.

Just to add a little more information, I took the Mariners' Sunday alternates from MVP 2015 and put them in my TC 1993 Mod. I imported the two files from the models.big and the one file from the uniforms.big files, compressed them, and everything worked alright with the game play, except there is no uniform preview at the selection screen, just a black screen.

Archived