wtf is up with the new astros unifroms

mets2004

The file has been temporarily disabled.

I downloaded it, scanned the .exe with Norton AV 2003, and came back with the W32.Pinfi infection.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen.../w32.pinfi.html

It is possible that Norton incorrectly identifies something in the installer as a virus (it is quite common). But until further notice the file will not be available.

one last thing its obvious that it was put there bec i dont see the guy who posted it respond

No, if you read the link I provided to Symantec's site, it's pretty obvious that it would not have been intentional.

You shouldn't go accusing anybody of something like that unless you have something factual to base it on.

Whoa! Hey guys it's Syxxo....

I want to make one thing perfectly clear, there should in no way shape or form be a virus on there. I had a buddy of mine make the installer for me KCCitystar and he does good installers. Secondly, it took me a while to respond because I actually didn't know about the moved forums until I _actually_ read the front page, lol. Sorry if you guys got virus notices, I didn't make that installer, I have no idea. I hope the file doesn't stay down forever. = Took me a while to get those jerseys made.

Yes...I was responsible for the installer made for Syxxo's astros update. I'm sorry if the installer made your AV programs bug out, but they're 100% virus free. Don't believe me? I use Inno Setup to make my installers.

Again, sorry for the trouble, I just made the installer so that it would be easier for people to put the uniform in the game, and lessen the amount of emails I and some modders get about how to install them.

Ok, here it goes...

Yes, there was a virus. It was the same one that I posted the Symantec link to.

The virus being in the .exe file was 100% UNintentional. That particular virus works by looking for .exe files on your system and infecting them. From what I can tell, the virus does very little-to-no damage to a system. Anyway...

After chatting with both Kccitystar and Syxxo, I pointed Syxxo to a location in Regedit that would identify whether or not the virus was on his system. He is currently taking the proper steps to remove the virus from his system.

To anyone that downloaded the file and their AV scanner did not find a virus, I suggest you take a look at that Symantec link. At the bottom of the page is a registry location where the virus makes an entry. I would suggest checking out your registry to be sure that your AV didn't miss something.

A new copy of the uniform installer is going to be uploaded. And I personally guarantee that there is no virus in it.

Snepp

Ok, here it goes...

A new copy of the uniform installer is going to be uploaded. And I personally guarantee that there is no virus in it.

Snepp

Appreciate that sneep, can't wait until the updated mod is ready.

Archived