Can't install MVP Baseball 2005 Patch5

hziegler

Downloaded Patch5 from this site. Put it in

C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\MVP Baseball 2005

Double clicked on it, and got an error:

Patch Error:

Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match.

Any ideas?

I'm running Windows XP

Thank-you.

Did you initially install the game from discs or did you download it?  Have you installed any other mods onto it (rosters, uniforms, etc.)?

Patches can only be installed on legal (i.e. non-downloaded) versions that have not been modified, except for previous EA patches.  Any other modifications will display the error message you observed. 

On 11/19/2020 at 6:57 AM, hziegler said:

Downloaded Patch5 from this site. Put it in

C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\MVP Baseball 2005

Double clicked on it, and got an error:

Patch Error:

Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match.

Any ideas?

I'm running Windows XP

Thank-you.

If you downloaded any mods that affect the rosters or any of the .big files the game modifies through the official patch it will not work. 

On 11/19/2020 at 8:03 AM, Yankee4Life said:

I really don't think that you have to have patch five because I believe it is just a roster update.

I usually recommend installing Patch 5 above all the others because if anything, it will include every change from patches 1-4. What I used to do is update the game by installing every patch in order from 1-5 just to have the peace of mind that I did it right lol

Archived