Tampa Bay Devil Rays Owner Mode

goose

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeh true, but I played about a dozen or so games with the M's and I coulsn't hit worth crap with Olivio, and that was on pro.........

We'll see when the time comes.

I see on espn that Roberto Alomar retired today......that sucks, I was looking foward to watching him get 3000 hits. Oh well it's not like he really needs it to get into the HOF anyways. :wink:

So now I'm playing the game with a retired player......oh well

Well he'll prolly go in as an Indian so that'll be cool.

He may not have gotten his 3000 hits IRL but I'll see what I can do about getting him his 3000 here.At the rate he's going he will have it by the end of April next season assuming he doesnt retire. :wink:

This is the second half of the Alomar retiring story from ESPN.com. If you notice TB also went out and signed Alex Sanchez who was released last week by Detroit.

Also Saturday, Tampa Bay outfielder Danny Bautista retired. Bautista batted .286 with 11 homers and 65 RBI last season with Arizona.

Bautista was in the major leagues for parts of 12 seasons with Detroit, Atlanta, Florida and the Diamondbacks. He hit .272 in 895 career games, and went 7-for-12 to help Arizona beat the New York Yankees in the 2001 World Series.

"I wasn't caught totally off-guard," LaMar said. "Danny had been struggling the last five days, so we have had a feeling something might happen, but this was kind of surprising. I just think that he's a class act."

The Devil Rays signed speedy outfielder Alex Sanchez, released by Detroit on Tuesday. Sanchez hit .322 with 19 stolen bases in 79 games for the Tigers last season.

Well son of *****!!

So I'm playing with two retired players now :|

What's next, Carl Crawford and Aubrey Huff gonna decided to call it quits too? :o

No, they're not going anywhere soon, but watch out for your minor leaguers!!! :lol::lol: :lol:

This is the second half of the Alomar retiring story from ESPN.com. If you notice TB also went out and signed Alex Sanchez who was released last week by Detroit.

Also Saturday, Tampa Bay outfielder Danny Bautista retired. Bautista batted .286 with 11 homers and 65 RBI last season with Arizona.

Bautista was in the major leagues for parts of 12 seasons with Detroit, Atlanta, Florida and the Diamondbacks. He hit .272 in 895 career games, and went 7-for-12 to help Arizona beat the New York Yankees in the 2001 World Series.

"I wasn't caught totally off-guard," LaMar said. "Danny had been struggling the last five days, so we have had a feeling something might happen, but this was kind of surprising. I just think that he's a class act."

The Devil Rays signed speedy outfielder Alex Sanchez, released by Detroit on Tuesday. Sanchez hit .322 with 19 stolen bases in 79 games for the Tigers last season.

Hey, at least you got Sanchez now though. However you will have to figure out how to get him from the Tigers.

Boy, you will have one speedy outfield.

Crawford, Baldelli, and now Sanchez. If you can get Baldelli hitting for average, you have your 1, 2 and 3 spots filled for your lineup. Man, now I want to start a D Rays Franchise with all this speed!!!

I'm Jealous now.

Nah, It's a owner mode so it's not really supposed to be accurate with RL anyways.

These things take on a life of their own.After a few season's my rosters will be alot farther from realistic.

Good Point, however, I would still try an make that move for Sanchez. He has good speed and very good contact vs. Lefties and righties.

Year 1-June 1

36-17: 6.0 games ahead of the Yankees

LF: Carl Crawford-.281 1 HR 11 RBI 36 SB(Leads MLB in 3B, 2nd in SB and Runs scored)

CF: Rocco Baldelli-.279 4 HR 20 RBI 25 SB

1B: Aubrey Huff-.321 7 HR 27 RBI

RF: Danny Bautista-.290 4 HR 39 RBI

DH: Travis Lee-.280 1 HR 13 RBI

2B: Roberto Alomar-.315 1 HR 11 RBI 11 SB

3B: Alex S. Gonzalez-.241 0 HR 12 RBI

SS: Julio Lugo-.232 0 HR 15 RBI 18 SB

C: Toby Hall-.212 1 HR 10 RBI

Bench:

Tom Wilson

Brian Buchanan

Josh Phelps

B.J Upton

Joey Gathright

Rotation:

1-Mark Hendrickson 6-2 1.30 era 53 k (tied for 1st in Shutouts, and leads MLB in IP)

2-Dewon Brazelton 4-4 3.82 era 52 k

3-Scott Kazmir 6-3 2.55 era 47 k

4-Robert Bell 5-1 1.17 era 48 k

5-Doug Weatcher 5-3 3.14 era 40 k

Bullpen:

LRP-Travis Harper 0-0 0.40 era 14 k 1 save

LRP-Jorge Sosa 4-0 1.65 era 14 K

MRP-Lance Carter 3-2 1.74 era 18 k

MRP-Jesus Colome 1-2 3.42 era 17 k

SU-Trever Miller 1-0 1.80 era 11 k 2 saves

Closer-Danny Baez 1-0 1.13 era 8 k 15 saves( 3rd in saves)

Finances:

Revenue-$24.1M

Expenses-$31.3M

Income-(-)$7.12M

Bank-(-)$2.12 M

Payroll-$71 Million

Level 2 Seating-25000 capacity: 1 sold out game (Average 21058)

Ice Cream

Pop Corn

Pizza

For the first time in over a month, I finally have a completely healthy team! :D Knowing that the team has responded well scoring 14 runs in the last two games. Fans seem to be happy as I'm up to 3 full fan guys.

I ended May with a 19-10 record for the month. I wonder how long I'm gonna be able to keep this up. The Yanks fell off a little after their win streak and lost 3 in a row. The Red Sox meanwhile have a 7 game winning streak of their own going and are a game and a half back of the yanks.A couple of small charges from either or both teams and I'm in trouble.I just noticed also that Carl Crawford, Rocco Baldelli, and BJ Upton are 1,2, and 3 respectably in the AL in Stolen Bases.

Also just out of curousity I tried to trade Danny Bautista for Alex Sanchez straight up and Detroit accepted. But I deicded not to save it because Bautista is my team leader in RBI's so I don't see any reason to trade him right now.

Pretty cool to see someone using the D-Rays. Also good to see you're doing well with them. Curious as to why you aren't using Upton at 3B instead of A-Gonz, as A-Gonz is pretty worthless in real life(and not doing too well in your dynasty either). I'd think you could dump A-Gonz for a backup IF and save some $$ as well(I forget what his salary is in MVP2005, I know its kinda high in MVP2004). Though if you're using the default rosters without any editing, I'm not sure how high Upton's Contact and Power ratings are...

Hmm I'd hadn't really thought about it. I've kept BJ on the bench as a backup at SS and 2B for Alomar.

If I can pick up a middle infielder for Gonzalez I'll do it. That way I still have my backups, might go looking around in the minors.....

Quick updateL I checked the all star voting and the D-Rays finally have someone on the Ballot. Carl Crawford is 4th in voting for OF.He's behind Ichiro,Manny, and Sheffield.

if you use Upton he and he get regular playing time he becomes a top player in the league.. i suggest using him. i traded for him year 1 and he started at SS and batted 9th in my lineup after 1 year he was one of my top plaeyrs on the team and bats 2 now behind ichiro. :mrgreen:

lol, no thats what we M's fans call Felix Hernadez, King Felix!

Quick update:

Year 1 June 7th

39-18, 7.0 games ahead of the yanks. Since winning 8 in a row they have gone 4-6 while I have gone 8-2.They won't make much of a playoff run if they cant string streaks together.... kinda dissappointing so far.

:(

A few of you have mention taking gonzalez out of the lineup and putting B.J Upton in his place. Well you got your wish,Gonzalez strained his rib cage and is out for a week. Although Upton isn't exactly booming either, I had him play SS in the last game and he went 0-5 with 4 k's :x I hear all this hype about him, but he's hitting .232 so I'm not seeing it.

Also for a retired guy, Alomar is doing really well. His hitting streak now stands at 14 games after going 1-4 in the last game.Since the streak began he has raised he average to a team leading .323, 3 points ahead of Huff.

Starting interleague games on the road against the Reds and Pirates. Will post a major update when the road trip finishes.

lol, no thats what we M's fans call Felix Hernadez, King Felix!

Quick update:

Year 1 June 7th

39-18, 7.0 games ahead of the yanks. Since winning 8 in a row they have gone 4-6 while I have gone 8-2.They won't make much of a playoff run if they cant string streaks together.... kinda dissappointing so far.

:(

A few of you have mention taking gonzalez out of the lineup and putting B.J Upton in his place. Well you got your wish,Gonzalez strained his rib cage and is out for a week. Although Upton isn't exactly booming either, I had him play SS in the last game and he went 0-5 with 4 k's :x I hear all this hype about him, but he's hitting .232 so I'm not seeing it.

Also for a retired guy, Alomar is doing really well. His hitting streak now stands at 14 games after going 1-4 in the last game.Since the streak began he has raised he average to a team leading .323, 3 points ahead of Huff.

Starting interleague games on the road against the Reds and Pirates. Will post a major update when the road trip finishes.

How do you know Alomar has gotten a hit in 14 straight??

i didnt say upton would be awesome. but he did bat .323 for me in my M's dynasty in his 1st yr. you have to keep playing him. dont give up on him, He will be awesome. maybe if you play him part-time. but in your 2nd yr he will be starting cause hes overall stats goes up alot.

How do you know Alomar has gotten a hit in 14 straight??

Whenever I notice that a player has hit in 5 straight games( not that hard to keep track of) I make a note of it, and every game after that I add a notch. Crawford was up to 10 in april before he went 0-4, Huff has had a 7 game one, but Alomar's 14 is the longest so far.

I wish they would of included something like they did in HH that kept track of things like that, it would of been nice.

Oh well.

Edit to add:

Seems I jinxed it. I played a game right after this and Alomar went 0-3 with a walk. The streak ends at 14.

Also Colome made his 5 apperances without giving up a run in 11 and 2/3 innings. Lowering his era to 3.02. He keeps his job for now.

Neat. Colome is awesome in my new 2004 Devil Rays dynasty. He's thrown like 12 innings without giving up a run. Only one in the bullpen with an ERA under 4. Two more weeks and he gets to be my closer instead of Baez and his 7.71 ERA.

And Yessie is right, don't give up on Upton. Also from my new dynasty on 2004, he started out hitting like .204 for the first 10 or 15 games, and now he's on a tear and has brought it up to like .280. If anything it seems he's hitting the same as Gonzo was.

I'm also curious, are you using the default rosters from the game, or an updated one?

Archived