Changing the date in Franchise mode?

mbowkett1978

Wondering if anyone would know how to update the date in Franchise mode from 2012 to 2021? I'm not really picky about updating the schedule, it's just that I'm playing as the Jays and many of my rookies are 13-14 years old (and thus nowhere near their "peak" age). Can this be done via an edit? Up to now my only "solution" has been to simulated multiple seasons but this also messes up my rosters. 

2 hours ago, mbowkett1978 said:

Wondering if anyone would know how to update the date in Franchise mode from 2012 to 2021? I'm not really picky about updating the schedule, it's just that I'm playing as the Jays and many of my rookies are 13-14 years old (and thus nowhere near their "peak" age). Can this be done via an edit? Up to now my only "solution" has been to simulated multiple seasons but this also messes up my rosters. 

Which roster are you using?

Been building my own roster for months now. The original build was by headtrip47. It's almost perfect.....expect for this conundrum. Plays great when launching a quick game but if I start a franchise, the game date drives me nuts. I'm sure their must be a way of updating the date, for the life of me I just cannot figure it out.

50 minutes ago, mbowkett1978 said:

Been building my own roster for months now. The original build was by headtrip47. It's almost perfect.....expect for this conundrum. Plays great when launching a quick game but if I start a franchise, the game date drives me nuts. I'm sure their must be a way of updating the date, for the life of me I just cannot figure it out.

MLB2K12 will always start your franchise in 2012. That date can't be changed from the start, even if you tried on REDitor to change the date on the schedules.

The best solution for now is to age everyone down 9 years so the game interprets it in its own timeline as their current age.

40 minutes ago, mbowkett1978 said:

Figured as much. Just wish there was a global -9 edit for YOB in Roster Editor. Oh well. Thanks for the reply my friend, much appreciated. 

You could in theory Open your roster up in REDitor (it's not hosted here because of antivirus concerns) and you can copy and paste changes directly from excel

Archived