changing team audios

Padres67

There is no magic tool that will change the audios for you.

First of all, you need the actual audio files for the teams you want (e.g. audios of the announcers saying “Milwaukee Braves” or “Brooklyn Dodgers”).  Many of the Total Classics mods have the Legends of the Booth announcers (Scully, Allen, Harwell) announcing these teams. 

You would need to extract the audios for those teams (both a .dat and a .hdr file) for using a tool like eazip.  You should be aware that the files have numbers for names, (00.dat, 01.dat, etc), where each number corresponds to a team. For example, 00 is Anaheim, 01 is Oakland, 02 is Seattle, etc.  

Next, you need to replace the existing audio files for each team with the ones you just extracted. The .dat files go into one audio file and the .hdr file in another.

One goes in the data/audio/spch_pbp.big file and one in the data/audio/cd/spch_pbp.big file.  I can’t remember off the top of my head which one goes in which file, but you could find out with eazip or I can check my notes later.   

It’s also possible that you might have to edit the .hdr file if the file you extracted if it is not being placed in the exact same location. For example, if one of the TC mods put the Milwaukee Braves in the Atlanta Braves slot and you want to put the Milwaukee Braves audio in the Milwaukee Brewers slot, the ID in the .hdr file would be incorrect and no team name would be announced. 

In my notes at home, I wrote down the audio IDs for each team and each stadium so I know where each audio is.

None of this is hard. It’s just a bit of trial and error and head scratching if you’ve never done it before. 

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

There is no magic tool that will change the audios for you.

First of all, you need the actual audio files for the teams you want (e.g. audios of the announcers saying “Milwaukee Braves” or “Brooklyn Dodgers”).  Many of the Total Classics mods have the Legends of the Booth announcers (Scully, Allen, Harwell) announcing these teams. 

You would need to extract the audios for those teams (both a .dat and a .hdr file) for using a tool like eazip.  You should be aware that the files have numbers for names, (00.dat, 01.dat, etc), where each number corresponds to a team. For example, 00 is Anaheim, 01 is Oakland, 02 is Seattle, etc.  

Next, you need to replace the existing audio files for each team with the ones you just extracted. The .dat files go into one audio file and the .hdr file in another.

One goes in the data/audio/spch_pbp.big file and one in the data/audio/cd/spch_pbp.big file.  I can’t remember off the top of my head which one goes in which file, but you could find out with eazip or I can check my notes later.   

It’s also possible that you might have to edit the .hdr file if the file you extracted if it is not being placed in the exact same location. For example, if one of the TC mods put the Milwaukee Braves in the Atlanta Braves slot and you want to put the Milwaukee Braves audio in the Milwaukee Brewers slot, the ID in the .hdr file would be incorrect and no team name would be announced. 

In my notes at home, I wrote down the audio IDs for each team and each stadium so I know where each audio is.

None of this is hard. It’s just a bit of trial and error and head scratching if you’ve never done it before. 

Thanks a bunch, I actually tried using Bigui, but I might not have done it just like that. I appreciate the help Jim.

Archived