Minor League Team Realignment

jvavrik97

Hi all!

As some of you may have seen, I'm working my way through updating minor league team uniforms to more accurately represent their 2021 real life equivalent. Thus far, every team I have worked on has been a team that merely changed it's name or minor league level affiliation. For example, the Jacksonville Suns were in the game on release and have since moved from AA to AAA and rebranded as the Jumbo Shrimp. Therefore I just used the uniform slots otherwise dedicated to the Jacksonville Suns to update. The same goes for a handful of teams that are still in the works - such as the Pawtucket Red Sox becoming the Worcester Red Sox, or the Trenton Thunder becoming the Somerset Patriots. However there are a few teams that I'm not entirely sure which uniform base to use.

These are all teams who are brand new and are replacing former minor league teams that are no longer associated. Specifically there are 4 new teams who don't have any obvious counter parts I can mod into them. They are the Sugar Land Skeeters (HOU AAA), Hartford Yard Goats (COL AA), St. Paul Saints (MIN AAA), and the Wichita Wind Surge (MIN AA). Because I want to make these uniforms as compatible with future rosters as possible, I wanted to ask for feedback before I start assuming which teams go where. 

For me, the easiest would be that the Hartford Yard Goats take the place of the New Britain Rock Cats. When I was first doing my own work on the minor leagues, this was one that I did intuitively. After this though it gets a little more murky. Prior to the cancelation of last season, the Wind Surge were the AAA affiliate for MIA. As such I slotted the New Orleans Zephyrs to be modded into the Wind Surge. Of the two remaining I chose the Fresno Grizzlies to become the Sugar Land Skeeters (they were both AAA and I think the Grizzlies were also associated with the Astros at one point?) and the Jackson Generals to become the St. Paul Saints.

In summation these 4 currently look like this as I have them set up:

Fresno Grizzlies > Sugar Land Skeeters

New Orleans Zephyrs > Wichita Wind Surge

Jackson Generals > St. Paul Saints

New Britain Rock Cats > Hartford Yard Goats

I just wanted to reach out to the community hear to see what the thought process for everyone modding rosters was. Since roster modding actually changes which team is affiliated where and which uniforms, logos, and names a certain MiLB team will use, the realignment of these teams is really up to you all.

Thanks for the help and input, and I look forward to continuing to help upgrade this game to an accurate 2021 representation!

This is the next phase of the roster update for 2K12 that me and a handful of guys are working on since it involves the teams tab and reorganizing the team IDs.

The team IDs get recognized throughout the roster for schedules and players, so it's important.

9 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

This is the next phase of the roster update for 2K12 that me and a handful of guys are working on since it involves the teams tab and reorganizing the team IDs.

The team IDs get recognized throughout the roster for schedules and players, so it's important.

Great! Thank you for the update!

I'll keep working using this as a base model then, and once there is a finalized list of team IDs I will re-upload any uniforms whose ID numbers and .IFF file names change. Thanks!

10 hours ago, jvavrik97 said:

Great! Thank you for the update!

I'll keep working using this as a base model then, and once there is a finalized list of team IDs I will re-upload any uniforms whose ID numbers and .IFF file names change. Thanks!

This is the list of changes I sent over to Kccitystar for the roster update in the future if it helps you out.  I have all the large, medium, and small logos.iff files updated to 2021 based on these changes.

Mobile Bay Bears – Name Change to Rocket City Trash Pandas

Inland Empire 66ers – Name Change to Tri-City Dust Devils

Rock Rock Express – Moved to AAA Texas

Bakersfield Blaze – Name change to Asheville Tourists

Jackson Generals – Move to AAA Houston and name change to Sugar Land Skeeters

Las Vegas 51’s – Name Change to Las Vegas Aviators

Stockton/Sakamoto Ports (2K20 roster is sakamoto)- Name Change to Lansing Lugnuts

Dunedin Blue Jays – Name Change to Vancouver Canadians

Gwinnett Braves – name change to Gwinnett Stripers

Brevard County Manatees – Name Change to Rome Braves

Colorado Spring Sky Sox – Name Change to Amarillo Sod Poodles and moved to AA Arizona

Nashville Sounds – moved to AAA Milwaukee

Hunstville Stars – Name change to Biloxi Shuckers

Carolina Mudcats – Name Change to Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

Palm Beach Cardinals – Name Change to Peoria Chiefs

Myrtle Beach Pelicans – Name Change to South Bend Cubs

Arizona D-Backs – Change name to Arizona Diamondbacks

Vilsalia Rawhide – Change name to Hillsboro Hops

Oklahoma City Redhawks – Name change to Oklahoma City Dodgers

Rancho Cucamonga Quakes – Name change to Great Lakes Loons

San Jose Giants – Name Change to Eugene Emeralds

Akron Aeros – Name Change to Akron RubberDucks

Lynchburg Hillcats – Name change to Lake County Captains

Modesto Nuts – Name change to Everett AquaSox

Jacksonville Suns – Name Change to Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp and move to AAA Miami

Pensacola Blue Wahoos – Change to AA Miami

New Orleans Zephyrs – Change name to Wichita Wind Surge and move to AA Minnesota

Jupiter Hammerheads – Change name to Beloit Snappers

Sycracuse Chiefs – name change to Syracuse Mets

Binghamton Mets – Change Name to Binghamton Rumble Ponies

St. Lucie Mets – Change name to Brooklyn Cyclones

Fresno Grizzlies – change name to Saint Paul Saints and move to AAA Minnesota

Rochester Red Wings – Move to AAA Washington

Wilmington Blue Rocks – Move to Single A Washington

Frederick Keys – Name change to Aberdeen IronBirds

Tuscon Padres – Name Change to El Paso Chihuahuas

Lake Elsinore Storm – Name Change to Fort Wayne TinCaps

Reading Phillies – Name Change to Reading Fightin Phils

Clearwater Threshers – Change name to Jersey Shore BlueClaws

Bradenton Marauders – change name to Greensboro Grasshoppers

High Desert Mavericks – Name change to Hickory Crawdads

Cupid Bulls – Name Change to Durham Bulls (no idea where this came from lol)

Charlotte Stone Crabs – Name Change to Bowling Green Hot Rods

Pawtucket Red Sox – Name change to Worcester Red Sox

Salem Red Sox – Name change to Greenville Drive

Daytona Cubs – Name change to Dayton Dragons

New Britain Rock Cats – Name change to Hartford Yard Goats

Lancaster Jethawks – Name change to Spokane Indians

Potomac Nationals – Move to Single A Kansas City and name change to Quad City River Bandits

Lakeland Flying Tigers – Name change to West Michigan Whitecaps

Fort Myers Miracle – Name change to Cedar Rapids Kernels

Trenton Thunder – Name change to Somerset Patriots

Tampa Yankees – Name change to Hudson Valley Renegades

55 minutes ago, raidersbball20 said:

This is the list of changes I sent over to Kccitystar for the roster update in the future if it helps you out.  I have all the large, medium, and small logos.iff files updated to 2021 based on these changes.

Yes, thank you! This is incredibly helpful! This way I can make sure a handful of new MiLB uniforms will matchup with the correct teams once this roster has been released! Thank you for the info!

What I want to do is realign the number IDs for each team so that you can find these in alphabetical order in the menu, and that's a challenge with how frequently teams rebrand themselves.

Additionally, the entire minor league schedule needs rehauling for the 2021 season

You're just talking about the numerical slot each team is listed in, correct? But yeah, unfortunately that is difficult because there are a handful of teams every year that do rebrand. But if you can manage to rearrange them for this roster release, at the very least it would be a base to work off of going forward and (hopefully) making updating things in the future a little easier, right?  

2 hours ago, jvavrik97 said:

You're just talking about the numerical slot each team is listed in, correct? But yeah, unfortunately that is difficult because there are a handful of teams every year that do rebrand. But if you can manage to rearrange them for this roster release, at the very least it would be a base to work off of going forward and (hopefully) making updating things in the future a little easier, right?  

Basically if you mod the Teams tab, you should only change the ID, City, Name and AbbrID. Everything else is internal to the game and how it reads that particular team as far as uniforms go (uniforms are set up by the GID so as long as that remains the same, the roster would still be stable)

12 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

Basically if you mod the Teams tab, you should only change the ID, City, Name and AbbrID. Everything else is internal to the game and how it reads that particular team as far as uniforms go (uniforms are set up by the GID so as long as that remains the same, the roster would still be stable)

Gotcha. That's a little beyond my modding abilities rn, but I at least follow. Thank you for your work in this area though! It's much appreciated!

Archived