MLB2K12 can't re- install it anymore

LouisvilleLipp

I have MLB2K12 that I purchased by digital download on Amazon.  I somehow contracted some corrupted files and had to un-install the game.  So I re-downloaded it through my games folder in Amazon when I went to install the game, it didn't install it and gave me this error message. What can I do to fix my game?

20210531_162552.jpg

1 hour ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

Tried running the app from the MLB2K12 folder, loaded it and it kicked me back to the desktop.  Also, should I delete all the files and folders within the registry as well with Revo?

Yes. I would delete everything and start over from scratch.

I might just un-install the game period.  I had this game set up with all the updates and mod improvements from years back, and it doesn't look and feel the same anymore. I just wish the modders here kept up with this game as much as MVP05. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate anything done for MLB2K12. It's just more modders are more involved with MVP. They come out with something new every day.  I run Win 10 and even though I have MVP, it seems problematic to run on that OPS.  Getting off my soapbox now.... Thx for the help.

10 hours ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

I might just un-install the game period.  I had this game set up with all the updates and mod improvements from years back, and it doesn't look and feel the same anymore. I just wish the modders here kept up with this game as much as MVP05. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate anything done for MLB2K12. It's just more modders are more involved with MVP. They come out with something new every day.  I run Win 10 and even though I have MVP, it seems problematic to run on that OPS.  Getting off my soapbox now.... Thx for the help.

Is Amazon updating to 1.2? Remember it freezes without the patch because of that date bug. I'm not that familiar with Amazon's digital stuff if it's automatic etc.

13 hours ago, raidersbball20 said:

Is Amazon updating to 1.2? Remember it freezes without the patch because of that date bug. I'm not that familiar with Amazon's digital stuff if it's automatic etc.

I took your advice and d/ld the date bug patch, and it stopped freezing. Thanks for the heads-up. Maybe there's hope for this old game after all.

Archived