MVP 07 modding

Harless58

I am an active member of the CFB revamped community and I was wanting to start a revamped style mod of MVP 07. Has anyone attempted to mod MVP 07? And since they run on the same engine and system would the method of modding uniforms be the same? I’m getting the game in a few days and I would love to work on updating the game in the same way college football and basketball revamped have been.

Just now, Yankee4Life said:

Hello. What is the CFB revamped community?

A group that has modded NCAA 14 to have updated uniforms, textures, rosters, plays, etc. we also recently found a way to add stadiums from madden to add in stadiums not in the original game. If you have a copy of ncaa I would check it out. They have an Instagram page and a very active discord. 

• 2 weeks later...

I work on the team who is modding NCAA Basketball 10 similar to College Football Revamped. I have also been working on using Topaz's texture replacer plugin for the PCSX2 emulator to replace the textures in MVP 07 for the emulator. I have already had some success with it being able to update all the ad banners, caps, batting and catcher's helmets, and pants among other things. The one main thing that's holding me back is I can't quite find out how to replace the jerseys yet. Another exciting thing is the plugin allows for you to upscale textures all the way up to 4096x4096 so you can run the emulator at high res and with high res replacement textures it should make the game look much fresher. Textures can be dumped and replaced for everything in the game including every UI element so a redesigned and high res HUD can be done.

A couple of examples (these are at base game res before rescaling): Updated Georgia cap (the base game one is all red with a white logo) and the NCAA Baseball logo in place of the Pontiac ads behind the batter at some of the generic ballparks.

IMG_2028.thumb.png.5c13d41fe6a2b9d81df8183a4a7ee072.pngIMG_2029.thumb.png.ec10ab2476cf549cac0d60f1f9aa267a.png

Archived