Adding Rays and Diamondbacks to 93 Total Classics

KiwiLifter

Hello there,

I'd like to play a dynasty with the 1993 Total Classics mod, and have created painstakingly detailed roster (still a work in progress) for it. However, based on reading other threads, I gather that the game will crash when future seasons turn up due to using 30 teams and not having the right schedules.

Since this version of the mod will be for me, and does not need to be historically accurate, I'd like make those two teams playable. They currently have full rosters in MVPedit, so is it a matter of finding a correct schedule and swapping it with current one, and doing something to enable them as live teams?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Hey, KiwiLifter

"I gather that the game will crash when future seasons turn up due to using 30 teams and not having the right schedules."

Can you show me what you read? Because i am working on a shorter 54 game schedule (1/3 of a full season) for this mod. With 28 teams.

Is it going to crash when I get to seasons 2 & 3?

The whole

-26 teams (1977-1992)

-28 teams (1993-1997)

-30 teams (1998-Present)

Thing has always been a question of mine.

In Dylan’s list of schedules since 1933, these schedules do have the right amount of teams for each year and decade.

But will it crash and try to revert to 30 teams?

And what happens after the 3rd year, when the schedule.big doesn’t have any more schedules included?

I think I have to get these answers before wasting my time and continuing with this schedule

This is the thread:

Here is the relevant quote:

"As I mentioned, these are single season mods, not multi-season mods. They are not intended to be used for multiple seasons. 

In the case of the TC1993 mod, the schedules for the second and third year will have all 30 current teams in it. Since the 1993 rosters only have 28 major league teams, when you try to use a schedule with 30 teams, the game will crash. That is probably what you are experiencing.

Your only solution would be to create two new schedules and replace them in the game, which would be a lot of work. "

I should add that I HAVE successfully run drafts and off seasons, and simmed second seasons on the 1993 mod. I want to add the teams regardless but would rather have a schedule that I'm sure about after reading the above.

Hmmm,

Now i have some new questions.

But first, Yes making all 3 schedules is an option.

1. But then is that it? A max of 3 dynasty seasons before the game will start to crash.

Which isn't so bad, better than 1 single season.

2. Can a new schedule.big be added mid dynasty? Afterall the schedule is a big file and not a .dat file and really not part of the 19 dat file roster database.

3. Or is added the two teams the best option, making it 30. Making these basically just 2 dummy teams without real players, that everyone will play.

This will fix the crash for sure, but then again what happens in season 4 if you are playing a shortened 54 game season?

These are questions for the great schedule makers of the past, or maybe this has been discussed before

The game only contains 3 years worth of schedules. I believe that after year 3, it will wrap around to use the year 1 schedule. Having 3 years worth of schedules with the same teams in each schedule should prevent crashes. 

That wrap around, is what i was hoping it would do.

Thanks Jim

Well, here is the plan, I hope i will have the time or be able to do it.

alfre2jose said he may help out, once he completes his roster.

I would love to get some help on this, think of what i am saying here, you will be able to play many different classic mod dynasties, instead of choosing just 1 or 2.

I want to create 7 generic schedules, for all 7 of the decades with the number of teams below. All will be 54 games long, with Interleague added and each team playing each other at least for a 3 or 2 game series. With the remainder of the games being played in your division.

It will be 1/3 of a full season, easy to finish and in the case of 1993, you can play all 3 MiLB 4 levels out as well, in about the same time it would take to play an entire 162 game season.

Reasoning?

Why add all these faces, player audio, uniforms, stadiums & portraits, if you are stuck playing against just one league, never get to see the fine work added or enjoy all the mods fully.

I want to see everything and enjoy all the stadiums.

-16 teams (1903-1960)

-18 teams (1961)

-20 teams (1962-1968)

-24 teams (1969-1976)

-26 teams (1977-1992)

-28 teams (1993-1997)

-30 teams (1998-Present)

Hey, KiwiLifter

Even though we are kid of talking about the same thing, i feel i hijacked your thread.

The main question here was adding in the Rays and D-Backs back into the 1993 roster.

I am interested in this as well.

Does anybody know the steps needed to add new teams to a roster and mod? From scratch,

All the steps from the roster to the .big and .fsh files. What it all entitles, added to make it fit and cause no crashes.

Also what is going to take to get these two teams back in the 1993 database and active since they do have players in MVPedit

Sorry for the Hijack,

• 1 month later...

I've finally managed to to this, so the thread can be closed. The method was simple, I just copied the text from the original game in the teams file and pasted it over the same sections in the modded version. I also just imported the schedule. I had to change a couple lines in the org file manually, but that was it!

Archived