No foul ball replay fix is here!

Trues

After messing with this for weeks off and on, I finally found the fix. It was much easier than I thought. :x

I was changing all of the foul ball replay references in the datafile and I did have some some success but then I found these two lines which did the trick. :)

Just look for these 2 lines in the datafile

0x2c241e92 12<batterreplayright>

0x4ee676ff 12<batterreplayleft>

and edit them like so, zeroing out all the values.

0x2c241e92 12<batterreplayright>;0 0.000;1 0.000;2 0.000;3 0.000;4 0;10 0;11 0;5 0.00;6 0.00;7 0.00;8 0.00;9 0;

0x4ee676ff 12<batterreplayleft>;0 0.000;1 0.000;2 0.000;3 0.000;4 0;10 0;11 0;5 0.00;6 0.00;7 0.00;8 0.00;9 0;

I'm going to incorporate this into my next datafile.

You're the best. Can't wait to try this out. Thanks a million. When I'm playing this game I want it to be like I'm there. EA thinks we want it to be like we're watching it on TV. That's why I don't like any replays or announcers. Thanks.

Great job!!! Works like a charm. It's like a loud noise suddenly stopped. Of course I'm still instinctively flinching every time I hit a foul ball but I'll get used to the quiet. Thank you a billion. Greatly improves the game.

i tried searching with ctrlF and entering some of the words, all of the words, and any combinations in notebook, and it keeps telling me it can't find any such phrases in database. i've spent an hour looking through this file and still can't find it

If you are copy/pasting make sure there isnt any spaces before or after the lines. Also make sure you are at the top of the file. I know in TextPad if you are below the line you are looking for, the find tool doesnt work when hitting "find next".

Biggest thing is make sure you dont have an extra space in there cause if you do, it wont come up.

If you are copy/pasting make sure there isnt any spaces before or after the lines. Also make sure you are at the top of the file. I know in TextPad if you are below the line you are looking for, the find tool doesnt work when hitting "find next".

Biggest thing is make sure you dont have an extra space in there cause if you do, it wont come up.

i can't copy and paste if nothing comes up. i typed <batterreplayright>,>batterreplayleft>, typed the both without the brackets, typed just batter, typed just replay, typed 0x2241e9212, etc. in the "find" feature after pressing ctrl F. it doesn't find anything. i then tried finding it on my own and scrolled around for another half hour and can't find it.

The problem is probably that the datafile is still in a compressed form. You need to uncompress it first using eazip before you can edit it. After editing it, you then have to compress it again:

Uncompress: eazip -u datafile.txt

Compress: eazip -c datafile.txt

FYI - I sent yukon the datafile he was looking for (standard except for the no foul ball replay and no batter walkup music changes).

Archived