MarkBTheYankee's Yankees roster update

MarkB

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK guys - update coming soon! The Trenton Thunder played their first game of the year yesterday, a 9-9 tie against the Devil Rays AA team, and they just finished their 2nd game of the season, a 7-5 win.

In the first game, Kevin Thompson, who plays centre field, was highlighted, and in the second, Shelley Duncan was highlighted. Based on this, I'll have another quick look around the Thunder site to see if I can get some lineup info, and I'll see what I can do.

In my roster, Kevin Thompson wasn't created and Duncan was in Tampa, so I'll probably fix that and have another release tonight. I'm hoping I do get it finished tonight, but I really need to try to get some sleep. Got somewhere to be at 10.30am tomorrow morning and it's almost 1am here now, so I'll need to hurry it up.

OK, all done! I've uploaded the updates and it's waiting to be validated now.

The changes are as follows:

Update 2 - BOD3

Changed Andy Phillips hair colour to dark brown.

Increased Ramiro Mendoza's stamina to 54.

Added Kevin Thompson, CF, Trenton.

Added Brad Voyles, RP, NRI, Columbus.

Transferred Aaron Small, RP, NRI to Columbus.

Edited Ferdin Tejeda's contact vs. Lefties from 52 to 46 and from 48 to 42 against Righties.

Edited Shelley Duncan's power vs. Lefties from 45 to 40 and from 47 to 42 against Righties.

Moved Erold Andrus to Tampa and Shelley Duncan to Trenton.

Moved Carlos Reyes from Trenton to Columbus.

Edited Omar Fuentes's power vs. Lefties to 37 and vs Righties to 39.

Update 1 - BOD2

Corrected the height, weight and jersey number of Caonabo Cosme, Thunder 2B.

Corrected the height and weight of Omir Santos, Tampa C.

Corrected Audio/Photo number to enable in-game audio and to match Hory's Player ID List.

Corrected Matt DeSalvo's pitch delivery. He now has delivery 11.

Added a curveball to Juan De Leon, added 3mph to his fastball.

Re-corrected Chien-Ming Wang's pitch control.

Corrected Mike Martinez's pitches - added sinker, removed slider and curveball.

Corrected Buddy Carlyle's stamina to reflect his being a starter in the past. Also fixed his pitch velocity.

Changed Bubba Crosby's speed from 69 to 72 and added 2 points to his baserunning.

This one has 25 MLB players, 25 AAA players and 22 AA and A players. Most or the NRI's (Non-roster invitees) have been added.

If you want to start your dynasty, Owner Mode ASAP, I'd advise using this roster update. Any players you don't want to keep, such as the NRI's, you can release. Other than that, it's looking pretty good from here. I'd say it's complete enough to start a full-time process with.

As usual, please let me know of any problems or comments. :D

OK, time for bed. Catch you guys tomorrow.

Or later, if I can't sleep. :D

EDIT - .met version is at http://www.mvpmods.com/modules.php?name=Do...sion)#dldetails

.sav version is at http://www.mvpmods.com/modules.php?name=Do...sion)#dldetails

Mark, I love your file, but can you please tone down the players that way all the Yankee's Organizations aren't ranked no. 1, because they don't have the #1 farm system.

No. This isn't because my players in the roster are exceptional, it's because you're probably using the stock EA roster for most, if not all, of the other minor league teams. Because EA didn't do a great job on the minor leaguers, most of them aren't anything special, so when compared with players who, similarly, might not be anything special but are slightly better, the better players will come out on top. Take 25 cases of this and you have a team that looks fantastic, but when played with against similarly ranked players, aren't really. If you've ever heard of the phrase "comparing like with like", you'll know what I mean.

Basically, if I did a roster update for all the other teams, the Yankees minors would most probably be around the area they are supposed to be in.

Thanks for the comments, though. :)

OK, I just played a game with the Clippers and noticed 2 serious problems.

1. Carlos Reyes pitch types seem to have been lost. You don't want to see what happens when everything is set to 36 for a pitcher. It's funny, but it gets ugly with men on base. :lol:

2. Brad Voyles had the face of a weary old black man, while his body was a young white man.

voyles.jpg

Not good. I'm working on them now, and I should have an update within the next 20 minutes.

Apologies for any inconvenience. :(

OK, done. I've uploaded them, and they are awaiting validation.

I couldn't find a reliable source for information on Carlos Reyes' pitches, so if you are really desperate to start a dynasty, you could do it with this version, BOD4 and edit him later in-game. Personally, though, I'm going to try and get some more information on him and see if I can get his pitches correct, then when I have a final version after Opening Day, I'll be using that for the dynasty.

Again, apologies for any trouble that might have caused.

I just hope the new ones are OK.

Got to leave for my appointment in 25 minutes and I've not even started to get ready. Great! 8O

Back.

I just noticed that Juan De Leon's fastball movement was > 0, so I've corrected it. Because I've only just updated the BOD4 release here, There's no point in making another release number for that one change, so if you want it or you are having problems with Juan De Leon, then download BOD4 from ThePerfectGame.net's download section. That's been updated. The next release, if there is one, BOD5, will have Juan De Leon correct in it.

Anyway, let me know of any problems. :)

Updated again. I'm still calling this version 4 because there haven't been lots of big changes, only a few minor ones. The latest ones can be grabbed at ThePerfectGame.net.

The .sav version is at http://www.theperfectgame.net/forums/index.php?download=38

The .met version is at http://www.theperfectgame.net/forums/index.php?download=37

Any versions downloaded from here (MVPMods.com) will be out of date for now. If/when I make some more changes and they merit a whole new version number, I'll update the ones here. Until then, get tehm from the above addresses. You can also see the date and times the files were updated, so you should be able to tell if you're getting the latest versions.

MaddiesDaddy: Can you try the new ones posted above and let me know how they go?

Thanks. :)

OK, that's bad.

I'm suspecting the amount of players on the team is bugging MVP Edit. Since I put 25 players onto the Clippers roster, have you had it working since then? Have you ever had 25 players on the Clippers roster?

Anyone else having this problem?

Mark...I am still getting the error that your .met files are not valid. I tried importing all three minor league clubs with MVPedit v4.

Sorry bud.

Mark....I re-downloaded SpanishFly's v4 .mbe file and I was able to import your BOD-4 .met files!!!

Originally I was just importing my .dat files and working from there. These were based off SpanishFly's v4 .mbe file.

Now I did make the Ishii for Phillips (LAD-NYM) trade using MVPedit and exported the .dat files before I tried importing your BOD-4 .met files. Perhaps I corrupted my .dat files somehow when I did the trade.

I just thought of all that after my previous post. So that is why I went back and re-downloaded SpanishFly's v4 .mbe file and started from there.

Sorry for any confusion and/or extra work.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Just for anyone else who has the problem, could one of you guys post the steps you took to get the files to work correctly? I'm not sure if everyone will have the same problem, I hope not, but just in case.

Thanks. :D

Unless a new player is announced, I'll be keeping Homer Bush in Columbus until a full roster is available for the Clippers. In all likelyhood, this will probably be after Opening Day.If, however, the Yankees (Or Columbus, for that matter) announce a promotion or signing to take his place, I'll edit the rosters accordingly.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, check the Yankees fan thread in the MLB section. :)

Update: OK, I'm removing Homer Bush, I'll be putting him into my Free Agent pool since he's going on holiday but has asked his agent to try and get him signed to a team, and I'll be creating Teuris Olivares, the Thunder second baseman. Cosme will be moved up to AAA as a backup since he spent time there last season as Cano's backup.

I just played a game with the Thunder and noticed a few problems, one being Cosme's skin tone, so I'll be releasing another update later. Probably in a few hours.

Archived