MarkB

Update uploaded.

Update 4 - BOD5

Corrected Caonabo Cosme's skin tone.

Moved Homer Bush to Free Agent pool.

Promoted Caonabo Cosme to AAA Columbus.

Created Teuris Olivares, Thunder 2B.

Corrected lineups accordingly.

Switched Jorge DePaula and Chien-Ming Wang in the Columbus rotation.

Corrected all un-finished hitting tendencies.

Corrected spelling on Ferdin Tejeda's name.

Replaced Nate Griffen with Nate Phillips.

Moved Nate Phillips to Tampa, Omir Santos to Trenton.

Reduced Mike Kelly's stats.

Other miscellaneous small changes.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for anyone else who has the problem, could one of you guys post the steps you took to get the files to work correctly? I'm not sure if everyone will have the same problem, I hope not, but just in case.

Thanks. :D

The steps I took to get it to work correctly:

Step #1 Download the latest version of MVPEdit

:lol:

i simmed a season and everyone on tampa hit 300 and most of the pitchers had ERAs under 2! i hope this happens in real life this year :)

Doesn't really surprise me. This isn't really a sim-set, especially not if you are using EA's stock rosters.

QPontiac, that helps. I've seen a case of that before. At least this way, now that you've stated it, if anyone else has the problem, they know how to fix it just by reading the thread. :)

In general, I think the Yankees farm system is way under-rated. From what people say, it's terrible, there is no talent worth mentioning at all, when in fact, it's actually much better than that. They don't have the best farm system in the league, no doubt about it, but it's horribly under-rated at times. We have a few really good speedsters, some very decent bats and some decent-good pitching. All in all, it isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination.

And no, I don't want this to to turn into a discussion on the Yankees farm system. :)

Updated again. Quite extensive this time.

Update 5 - BOD6

Corrected Christian Garcia's pitches.

Corrected Jeff Marquez's Curveball trajectory.

Corrected Jason Jones' Slider trajectory and speed.

Corrected Robinson Cano's hit charts.

Corrected Eric Abreu's appearance.

Corrected Mike Martinez's pitches, delivery and stamina.

Corrected Barry Bonds' batting stance, appearance, number and name.

Corrected Kevin Millar's batting stance, appearance, number and name.

Corrected Brendan Donnelly's batting stance, appearance, number and name.

Again, let me know of any problems. :)

Especially keep an eye out for minor league pitchers who have a pitch that, when used in-game, goes sky high and is slow. When it comes to the plate the catcher can't catch it. If you see any instances of this, please let me know ASAP. I think I've cleared them all, but just something to beware of.

Enjoy!

Just a quick update with regard to Doug Glanville:

Since he's been released, I'll be updating my rosters again. It's the 27th today and since I won't be releasing the real AOD (After Opening Day) rosters until, probably, at least the 5th of April, I'll be making a final update to the BOD rosters. I'm ill just now and I'm pretty much on the road to recovery, but I'm feeling about the same as I was yesterday, which means I've not improved much. I'm guessing, roughly, that I'll be better by Tuesday...hopefully, anyway. Early would be tomorrow (Monday) night, late would be Wednesday (The 30th), so depending on when I'm back to normal and can work on the rosters a little, I'll be releasing BOD7.

As far as replacing him goes, I'm not sure yet. I'm guessing right now that I'll probably create an outfielder to take his place, but I'm not sure yet simply because I'm having trouble remembering who's on the rosters!

Anyway, to summarise, I'll be updating in the next few days.

Just a quick update with regard to Doug Glanville:

Since he's been released, I'll be updating my rosters again. It's the 27th today and since I won't be releasing the real AOD (After Opening Day) rosters until, probably, at least the 5th of April, I'll be making a final update to the BOD rosters. I'm ill just now and I'm pretty much on the road to recovery, but I'm feeling about the same as I was yesterday, which means I've not improved much. I'm guessing, roughly, that I'll be better by Tuesday...hopefully, anyway. Early would be tomorrow (Monday) night, late would be Wednesday (The 30th), so depending on when I'm back to normal and can work on the rosters a little, I'll be releasing BOD7.

As far as replacing him goes, I'm not sure yet. I'm guessing right now that I'll probably create an outfielder to take his place, but I'm not sure yet simply because I'm having trouble remembering who's on the rosters!

Anyway, to summarise, I'll be updating in the next few days.

cool, but you spelled summarize wrong, just figured i would let you know. :D

Surprise, surprise, no response.

For future reference, timay, some words are spelled differently in other regions. Ever wonder why "color" is spelt "colour" in the UK? In this case, summarise is spelt with an s instead of a z.

And you have some guts to get on me about my spelling. I see that it was obviously just to try and get one up on me since I've been on you about it in the past, even if you were totally wrong.

Anyway, an update on rosters. It looks like the Clippers won't be updating their site until Opening Day and as it is now, Colin Porter has the starting job in CF. I'll wait until later today, probably around 5pm GMT to give the sites a chance to update again, but if they don't, I'll probably release BOD7 later today. With this version, all of the NRI are included. You can find the information in the changes.txt file, but as of now, Glanville is a FA, Porter is the starting CF in Columbus and Damien Rolls could be the backup. I might create Noah Hall later today and add him to the Free Agent list, but you'll know for sure when I update.

Apologies for any typos. :D

OK, quick question.

I'm thinking of stating work on player salaries as well. Figured I might as well, but is it something that you would want? I'm having some trouble finding information on contracts, mostly year numbers, as I'm getting the actual salaries from ESPN.com. However, that only lists the 2004 salary and doesn't show what the player would be getting in 2005. I'm pretty sure that in some, if not all, cases it's the same, but as I said, I'm not 100% sure.

If you do want this in my next version, let me know by posting here. I'll leave off the release until tonight to let you guys read this. No point if no-one has read this after 2 hours! Again, if you do want the salaries correct (Or as correct as possible given the MVP limitations), let me know!

I'll check back tonight at about 9pm (3pm EST) and see what the feelings are.

And I've created Noah Hall and put him on the Free Agent list.

Damn, 11pm already. I'm running late.

I'm working some things out right now and I'm attempting to achieve perfection but because no rosters are final yet, it's not going to happen. Because of this, there will be a few errors in the BOD versions, including this one.

For when it's released:

Yes, I know Eric Duncan is playing in Trenton, not Columbus. As it stands, the only guy in Columbus who plays 3rd base is Russ Johnson, and I'm not comfortable using him as the 3rd baseman, so Duncan will stay there for now.

Yes, I know that there are a few too many outfielders in Trenton. It doesn't work out too badly, but it could be better. As above, I'm waiting for the rosters to be posted on the team sites so that I can remove/add as needed.

I think I had a few others, but that's all I can remember right now.

Anyway, I'm predicting a release within the next....hour. I hope!

12am, and it's updated. There are 3 downloads waiting for approval, but they should be up pretty soon.

The final changes.txt is as follows:

Update 6 - BOD7

Changed Robinson Cano's batting stance to Rod Carew and made a few appearance changes.

Released Doug Glanville to Free Agent list.

Created Joe Depastino and added him to Free Agent list.

Created Colin Porter and added him to AAA Columbus.

Moved Aaron Small to Free Agent list.

Created Russ Johnson, added him to AAA Columbus roster.

Moved Melky Cabrera to AA Trenton.

Moved Kevin Reese to A Tampa.

Other miscellaneous small changes and lineup corrections.

As usual, let me know of any problems. I've got that feeling like I've forgotten something again, but it didn't come to anything last time. :?

I'll be updating it at TPG as well, so if you're desperate, you can get it from there if they're not approved here.

Does anyone want the Prinz/Nievas trade completed on the rosters? If you want lifelike rosters, you'll probably say yes, but it's such a stupid trade (IMO) that I'm sure I'm not the only one who wouldn't mind it not being accurate and my leaving Prinz on the Yankees. If you don't want him, you can trade him/release him/whatever yourself.

So, does anyone want it completed?

Updated again - this is the best version yet. BOD8.

Update 7 - BOD8

Changed John Flaherty's second position to first base.

Moved Colter Bean to AAA Columbus and made him the #4 starter.

Moved Alex Graman to long relief in AAA Columbus.

Moved Joe Depastino to AAA Columbus.

Moved Noah Hall to AAA Columbus and corrected his appearance.

Moved John Rodriguez to Free Agent list. (Possibly been picked up by the Indians)

Moved Sal Fasano to Free Agent list. (Possibly been picked up by the Orioles)

Moved Eric Duncan to AA Trenton.

Moved Aaron Small to AA Trenton.

Made Javier Ortiz the #5 starter in AA Trenton.

Moved Jake Weber to Free Agent list.

Other minor corrections.

In this version, all the lineups, rotations and rosters are about as complete as they are going to be. All the players are now on the correct levels (As far as I know and can find out), and players who are no longer with the Yankees can be found in the Free Agent list. Jake Weber is an exception to this - I simply couldn't find any updated information on him and I needed a roster spot, so he's on the FA list.

This is, by far, the best version yet. If you want to have an updated version to use until a final version is completed (Which is probably at least a week away), or aren't really worried about minor updates that you can do yourself (NRI releases and signings etc.), then I suggest using this update.

And just for clarification, I haven't done the Prinz trade.

As usual, let me know of any problems. :)

Damn...I'm sure I read somewhere he was a starter! Ummm..it's not big enough to have another release for, so;

If you downloaded the .met version, load the Clippers and change Colter Bean's stamina to 34, then remove him from the rotation and replace him with Alex Graman.

If you downloaded the .sav version, load the rosters in-game and edit Colter Bean's stamina to 34. Save this, then replace him in the rotation with Alex Graman. Save the rosters.

I've updated my local copy, so this will be corrected in the next update.

Thanks, poonani. Let me know if you find anything else.

I've just released version 8.5, but it's only at ThePerfectGame.net.

Click here for the .met version

Click here for the .sav version

Changes:

Moved Colter Bean to AAA Columbus and made him a middle-reliever.

Moved Buddy Carlyle to Free Agent list. (Possibly been picked up by the Dodgers - NRI)

Deleted Carlos Reyes. (He's now a pitching coach for AA Trenton.)

Created David Shepard, assigned to AA Trenton, set-up.

Created Shaun Parker, assigned to AA Trenton, long relief.

Moved Aaron Small to AAA Columbus, long relief.

Corrected Ramon Ramirez' splitter velocity.

J.T. Stotts is still with the Thunder. The Yankees and Thunder announced a tentative player list, located here. I'll be updating accordingly.

I think I'll make the Prinz/Nieves trade in the next version. It doesn't look like anything else is going to happen with it, and since the Yankees made the final roster cuts earlier today, now's as good a time as any.

J.T. Stotts is still with the Thunder. The Yankees and Thunder announced a tentative player list, located here. I'll be updating accordingly.

I think I'll make the Prinz/Nieves trade in the next version. It doesn't look like anything else is going to happen with it, and since the Yankees made the final roster cuts earlier today, now's as good a time as any.

Can't wait!

Archived