MVP in HIGH DEFINITION...

mjonny59

All I can say is ...WOW....

I have a 50 inch Plasma, High-Def TV. Being a new X-Box user, I heard that they had a AV High Def kit with the component cables that you could use for Hi-Def ready games.

I went to my local EB Games and they had one Hi-Def kit left. As I'm paying for it the guy behind the counter says "you will REALLY notice the difference", and I'm thinking, "yeah, sure.."

Got home and hooked it up..Oh MY GOD. After setting up the X-Box video settings to widescreen, 720, the game, the colors, the graphics, and smooth lines..incredible.

Only issue I saw..the "shimmering" grass textures in close-up views, which I did not notice in the "pre-Hi def" play.

But..I highly recommend playing this game in Hi-def if you have the means..incredible!

Now I have to go out and get a hi-def PC Monitor so I can enjoy the same clarity with the PC version..or get another high end pc and run it off my big screen downstairs

All I can say is ...WOW....

I have a 50 inch Plasma, High-Def TV. Being a new X-Box user, I heard that they had a AV High Def kit with the component cables that you could use for Hi-Def ready games.

I went to my local EB Games and they had one Hi-Def kit left. As I'm paying for it the guy behind the counter says "you will REALLY notice the difference", and I'm thinking, "yeah, sure.."

Got home and hooked it up..Oh MY GOD. After setting up the X-Box video settings to widescreen, 720, the game, the colors, the graphics, and smooth lines..incredible.

Only issue I saw..the "shimmering" grass textures in close-up views, which I did not notice in the "pre-Hi def" play.

But..I highly recommend playing this game in Hi-def if you have the means..incredible!

Now I have to go out and get a hi-def PC Monitor so I can enjoy the same clarity with the PC version..or get another high end pc and run it off my big screen downstairs

Hey man,

Do you think you can take so pictures of what it looks like, I may want to do this if it looks good.

Yeah, cost is the issue .

I'm an older guy (45) , house, kids, career, and doing ok, so I'm lucky that I have the resources to buy the additional toys to enhance my gaming experiences.

I'll try and take a couple of good pics tonight when I get home and post them. It truly is a blast to see so much of the deatil in the game.

Yeah, cost is the issue .

I'm an older guy (45) , house, kids, career, and doing ok, so I'm lucky that I have the resources to buy the additional toys to enhance my gaming experiences.

I'll try and take a couple of good pics tonight when I get home and post them. It truly is a blast to see so much of the deatil in the game.

Thanks man, my parents just bought a giant 60 inch LG, widescreen plasma HDTV, so I guess I can't wait to see the pictures so I get it. I love my XBOX because you can do so many things. When playing games, I use the XBOX to play with my friends and I play with my PC so I can download lots of updates.

Same, $8 a week just doesnt buy what it used to buy. But hey, its something.

I'm a umpire for a local recreation league, and I get paid $25 a game, and I usually do about 5 to 8 games a week (when I'm not playing HS ball). To me this is a lot of money and for a 15 year old like myself its plenty of money.

I'm a umpire for a local recreation league, and I get paid $25 a game, and I usually do about 5 to 8 games a week (when I'm not playing HS ball). To me this is a lot of money and for a 15 year old like myself its plenty of money.

$25 a game?! Damn, when I used to ump, it was only $10...It was a great job though...I loved telling moms and dads that they had to leave the bleachers and watch the rest of the game in the car, because they were running their mouths too much... :lol:

not to get off the subject of the HD-TV but this is my second year of reffing and I am getting paid $40 to ref like junior high around the area and like $55 to ref JV and 9-10 and then like $90 to ref Varsity games

if you want to play in HD res but don't have the gear, get yourself a VGA transcoder. I bought one last year and it was well worth the $60. with that setup, I take component video from the xbox, run it into the transcoder and then out to VGA to an LCD monitor.

I play MVP in 720p, widescreen on my monitor and it's damn sweet.

Archived