Was translating MVP Baseball 05 to another Language, I cannot load my save files now

Mega39

So as you read in the title gentle men, I was translating this game to a language many of you will not know about. The point is, while I was doing so with LocLook, my save files just "stopped working". The game does not detect them. By now I am not using the translated .loc files, I'm using the original English ones. Still, does anybody know why this happens, and how to solve it?

Edited by Mega39
Added extra information to make clear that I want to solve the problem with the translation, not with the game. The translation is what's causing this problem

3 hours ago, Mega39 said:

I'd be thankful if you guys told me what the solution was

First of all please don't ever bump your posts again.

Loclook is not a utility to use for translation. The Caribe guys use this successfully for their Spanish mods but since you are not telling us what language you want it for then you are running into problems there. Why, I don't know but since I use this just in English I have never run into your issues even once.

Can't you just keep it in English and avoid these snags?

On 4/29/2023 at 12:40 PM, Mega39 said:

So as you read in the title gentle men, I was translating this game to a language many of you will not know about. The point is, while I was doing so with LocLook, my save files just "stopped working". The game does not detect them. By now I am not using the translated .loc files, I'm using the original English ones. Still, does anybody know why this happens, and how to solve it?

While you were editing the text with Loclook you also edited the field which gives the franchise its file extension.

The game will no longer recognize the old text, this is why it can't find or load your previous save files.

Go back and edit to what the FEENG.Loc or IGENG.Loc had @ the time you saved those .sav or franchise files and it should load. I believe the text you are looking for is Dynasty, but there are several mentions of this word in those two .Loc files.

Edited by Dirtdog