We're halfway done already!

Yankee4Life

The All-Star game is tomorrow and that means the first half of the 2023 season is done. It’s been another fast baseball season hasn’t it? It seems like almost yesterday the players and fans were wearing warm coats and now the fans attend games in shorts and a t-shirt. Like I said, fast.

What are your thoughts about this season so far? Is your team doing ok? What are the surprise teams and disappointing ones? Anyone that you think will be traded? Etc, etc.

I’ll begin. Tampa Bay and Baltimore have been doing well but I don’t mind at all seeing the Rays fall back. If the Yankees can not win the division (who am I kidding?) I would rather have Baltimore win it.

The Yanks have been doing exactly as I expected but I want you all to notice something. They have not played Houston yet so they can’t blame anything on the Astros for what is going on this year. New York is a disappointing team and the longer Aaron Judge is gone -and I think it could be for the season- then in a way it can show the clowns who run this team how much they need to get rid of people that don’t help at all like Donaldson, Severino and Torres and I could go on. I just want them to win but with what they have now? Well let’s just say I am not in the habit of lying to myself.

San Diego. What is up with them? They won the off season but so far are winning nothing else.

Rule changes. So far that timer rule seems to work but can you imagine a playoff game being decided because the timer went off and either the pitcher was late or the batter was out of the box too long? Oh man. As for the other rules, I hate them.

I think the Yankees will make some trades but for whom I don’t know. Maybe again they will give up prospects for a pitcher with a sore shoulder. How about Stephen Strasburg? He’s been hurt a lot. May as well make a play for him.