this game is a dream come true

rickel2

i'd have to imagine that most of us "older" guys, (even though i too am shocked that there are quite a few of us- like mrgravyard i thought i was the only one here probably) anyway, i imagine most of us have a great love for baseball that draws us to these games (maybe some of us played the game and for whatever reason are kicking ourselves in the *** for stopping), seeking that perfect "one". i remember back in the 80's getting excited as each year the graphics and gameplay got a little better, but there's was always that one little thing that ruined the game. this is as close to perfect as it gets IMO. there's a few quirks that can be ironed out but it's damn close!

MrGravyard,

With Madden that is exactly what I do. Playoffs CPU vs CPU with oldtime teams. I just recently moved from 2002 to 2004 because I found this guy Muscle_Mike from Football Freaks and all his Oldtime Teams/Uniforms/Logos etc. He did a fabulous job and there are many many teams he has done beyond the large number that come with the game. Even tho 2004 didn't have the Playoff Function like 2002 did with the discovery of Muscle_Mike grand work it made the migration to 2004 very worthwide.

Here is a link to that site and look on the left side for the Muscle_Mike 20 files:

http://football-freaks.com/forums/index.php?act=Downloads

Enjoy,

Don

yeah the game is great, but the only reason i play baseball is because i have reason to belief that one day i'll get a job working at the IT division of yankee stadium, and i'll get lost one day and find myself on the mound and brian cashman will be in the owner's box crunching some numbers with his assistant.

And he'll look down to see this slanky gentleman throw a 32 mph fastball and be completely awestruck. And then Mr. Steinbrenne will come into the office, and he'll scream, "HOLY CRAP BRIAN!! GET THAT KID UP HERE!! DID U SEE THAT 32 MPH FASTBALL!! I...I've NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT!!

I have played AND OWN all the following games:

Earl Weaver

Earl Weaver 2

FPS Baseball Pro 95

Hardball 5

Tony LaRussa 3

Old Time Baseball

Triple Play 98

Triple Play 2001

High Heat Baseball 2001

I have also played the original Hardball, some weird Atari-type game I cant remember the name of, MVP Baseball, MVP Baseball 2004, and probably many others that I am just forgetting to mention

Each game has some memorable high points (except Triple Play 2001, which was just plain awful) and some annoying low points

And NONE OF THEM are as good as MVP Baseball 2005

I love being a baseball gamer

And theres never been a better time to be one

O, and rickel, welcome to the site, youre gonna love it here

-Mark

Edit: I forgot to mention all the goofy console games too, such as RBI, Ken Griffey's games, and the old World Series games, but those dont even come close to the PC games

Thanks Stecropper! I put it in my Favs: I,ll get to it sometime down the road, right now Im into BB... You modders Get me all excited for BB!

Guys You know we are just Kids--- at heart :)

The older I get the more Christian Im becomming, in fact the last 2 sundays I have went to church for the 1st time in over 20 years! Now if we are good we get to go to Heaven, Think about this- Imagine being able to watch Ruth & Others Play BB thru Eternity. Maybe sounds silly but ya never know..!

Anyhow There has to be a God- He made You Modders didnt He?? :D

Ya its a great game , to bad I havent been able to play since I bought for pc. It chops/stutters so hard when being pitched to , I can't even hit anything barely even for a foul ball. Please anyone? Gunna just uninstall in a few more days, sick of it. I ll never buy an EA product again most likely =/ not that anyone cares, later.

Archived