this game is a dream come true

rickel2

i've been around for a long time (54 years old). constantly on the prowl for THE baseball video game. i've played microleague back in 85 on the mac and that was good. tony larussa for genesis was also good. but mvp 2005.. well it's the best. as far as i can say, my search has ended. now i just need to come up with sandy koufax (maybe in create a player) and i am in sim baseball heaven.

oh, and thank heavens for 3D analyzer. Whew! a true life saver + my grass is not shimmering like lime jello :D

rickel2,

I do agree with you and also have followed a similar path through numerous baseball games over many years. Actually have you beat by a few years. I think this game will be a mainstay for several years to come. Previously it was Stat-O-Matic beginning in '63 for me and it lasted many many years and in fact probably up until the mid '70s I was still an active SOM junky. Although during that time trying many iterrations of other games but SOM held it's ground for an incredible timespan. What took me away from SOM was a Commodore 64 game just titiled Computer Baseball by a company named SSI (Strategic Simulations Inc.). Although that game took me from SOM it only lasted a mere year or so until that same company created the Tony LaRussa Series for the IBM PCs. Then when they came out with their OLDTIME Baseball version of that game I was hooked again for several years, probably 4-5 years or so. Finally replacing OLDTIME Baseball was APBA's Broadcast Blast that brought back Radio Like Style baseball games to me with historic teams. It stayed as my main game for about 3 years. During all of these years I would buy and try every computer type baseball game I could get my hands on but those 3: SOM, OLDTIME & APBA's Broadcast Blast were the only ones that held my interest for any period of time.

Now that MVP 2005 is here I have totally quite messing with Football, Baseketball, & Hockey games as I use too. Since MVP 2004 arrived on the scene I have been basically committed to Computer Baseball with a couple month exception during the end of last year when I revisited some of my OLDTIME Football experience with Madden 2002 & 2004. Oh yes, strickly Oldtime Football Teams on that as well just like with the NBA Series too.

Sandy Koufax and so many other Classic Ballplayers can be found in abundance on MVPMods. FuzZ's Total Classic 3 for 2004 has him as does Capa2000's & AlexTony's Classic Roster Set. Sandy and many other Boys of My Summer Dreams are also in both my Early & Late '60s Roster built for the 2004 game. All can be found performing regularly here at MVPMods.

All of these are presently being converted for 2005 along with many many more to come. With Fuzzone's talent and love from Oldtime Baseball combined with Sandman, Capa2000, AlexTony and Myself's dedication to the Oldtime beauty of this game I can only advise you to Hold-On-to-Your-Seat because Oldtime Baseball is making a tremendous comeback here at MVPMods. Of course we must all give a great deal of "Thanks" to Robert Glass and his creation of MVPEdit.

So glad to see you are probably one that enjoys many of the same things our group here at MVPMods does. Feel free to join in all this FUN !!! We welcome anyone that has a true and lasting Love for the Game !!! And I think we all range from under 10 years old to over 60 years old as I don't even think I am the Senior Fan here. That just proves to me the real ageless wonder of this Game !!!

Take Care,

Don

New Orleans

dude, you REALLY don't know what a good baseball game is, MVP '05 is just average, barely.

What are you smoking? Im not even on the EA bandwagon and can say that MVP '05 is one of the best baseball games ever made so to say its "just average, barely" is ridiculous

rickel2,

I would suggest that you go and download Robert Glass's MVPEdit program. This is a must for getting many of the Oldtime Team's into your game. It also gives you the complete freedom to create your own or simply modify others to your liking. With it you can import from something called the Lahman Data Base any complete Team or individual Player from baseball history. Amazing program actually. The instructions are in a text file within the main directory once downloaded and installed.

http://www.glass4.com/mvpedit/

dude, you REALLY don't know what a good baseball game is, MVP '05 is just average, barely.

Like one of the other person in this thread said wtf are you smoking mvp baseball 05 is like the best ever mvp series so far that ea did and it isnt even as low as average it's more like amazing you just don't know baseball too well. :roll:

i've been around for a long time (54 years old). constantly on the prowl for THE baseball video game. i've played microleague back in 85 on the mac and that was good. tony larussa for genesis was also good. but mvp 2005.. well it's the best. as far as i can say, my search has ended. now i just need to come up with sandy koufax (maybe in create a player) and i am in sim baseball heaven.

oh, and thank heavens for 3D analyzer. Whew! a true life saver + my grass is not shimmering like lime jello :D

sandy koufax?

fuzZ-57DodgerPortraits.jpg

seems like i beat u to it last year.lol.

i have played Earl Weaver, tony larussa, hardball, high heat ,just to name a few and mvp is finally got to be in great game group,, o and id mvp is a moderate level baseball then what the hell is the greatest?

i have played Earl Weaver, tony larussa, hardball, high heat ,just to name a few and mvp is finally got to be in great game group,, o and id mvp is a moderate level baseball then what the hell is the greatest?

I'm 57 and have play most of them. I 've been playing APBA since 1962 and it's newest iteration is on my HD, now! I prefer BB from the 20's and 30's. Nothing more fun than The Babe smashing one of Koufax's 101's! MVP 2005 is the best of all of them/

just take it w/ a grain of salt fellas, he's a fifth grader (according to his bio in his stadium mod) and although he probably is more intelligent than most 5th graders, he hasn't been around long enough.

i actually took a little time from messing w/ files to play some games this weekend, and i kept thinking "wow, this is a good game". i'd have to rank it up there a little ahead of tony larussa for genesis, and baseball stars (don't laugh) on ninentdo.

LOL! well i'm in my mid 30's. other day i was thinking when my DAD was my age he had owned a couple homes, already had 3 kids, been in the military for about 15+ years etc. etc.- here i am going back to school and playing video games! oh well his hobby was anything to do w/ cars. mine's baseball video games!

WOW Guys I got Chills reading all these posts!

Im 48 & Love madden because of his Super Bowl Teams & I play CPU vs CPU

Tournaments to see who the Best is (which was 1997 Denver). I have an old Strat & loved it but it was to costly to play. So I tried OOTP 6 & it sucked. Years ago I had Hardball & Loved it because I could make up WS teams. Then Strat & did the same.

HH02 & 04 was good. Then MVP 04, not bad until Classics!!!! WOW!!!!!!!

MVP 05 Seems GREAT! I CANT wait til Classics 05!!!!!!!!

Thanks Guys I have always felt silly about My love of games Untl today! :D

So be it Rambully ...... it is healthy to ponda such things ........ I always said: Pursue your passion in life with all your strengths & wisdom. Eventually you will either make money from it or just simply enjoy the hell out of it. Best of both worlds would be to do both but if one can do either of those then I submit to you that their life has been a success.

am i the only one who plays 2005 for the mini-games and then boots up 2004 and still plays total classics(ofcourse, over the last two months, some of the teams have been replaced with don's crazy hot 60's teams).lol

another flashback from 2004:

87Twins-Package.jpg

:D fairy tales can come true if you're young at heart. you can go to extremes of impossible schemes if you're young at heart. and if you should survive till a 105 just be glad :D just be glad :D just be glad you're alive. and this is the best part you get a head start if you are among the very young at heart - that's a song my mother used to sing to me when i was a child. she was a widow when i grew up but used to take me to ball games. once she took me to the polo grounds to see eddie matthews and the braves vs. the mets. pretty cool huh?

she passed last march . i don't know that she loved baseball, but she must have loved me a lot to have done that for me.

ps: i had a stomachache in the bottom of the 7th and had to take the subway home before the game ended :cry:

Archived