Need help converting Xbox dynasty save to PC and vice versa. (MVP 05)

spyjam

So I want to play shorter seasons on the Xbox version of MVP 05. The Xbox version uses the same schedule.big file that the pc game uses and transferring that over works and shows the changed schedule. The only problem is that it cannot make it to the playoffs and glitches when it gets to that point. The only way to move a shorter season file to the playoffs is to use the separate short season advancer utility that is downloadable on this site for the PC version only. So my idea is to figure out a way to translate the save from Xbox to PC, advance the save to the postseason, and then transfer it back. I opened both in a hex editor and the only differences I can see are at the beginning and ends of the save. Many of the blocks in between seem to be the same but I have little experience in this. Any attempts that I have had to copy code over has not worked so I'm wondering if anyone here has any ideas.

Both the PC save file and Xbox save file are the exact same size also which leads me to believe this could be possible. I'm going to upload the save files I've been messing with if anyone has ideas. (I'm more interested in this process for future use, these specific saves are just samples.) 

Dyna1_Dynasty.sav is the PC save file which is a Orioles dynasty started as new and immediately saved with no options changed or progress made.

data.dat is the Xbox save file which is also an Orioles dynasty started as new and immediately saved with no options changed or progress made.

If anyone has any ideas that would be much appreciated. This is a great community and its great to see it still going after all these years.

data.dat Dyna1_Dynasty.sav