TotalMinors Prospect Creator v1 Released

GForce22

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you give an example or two of who was high?

GH

Hmm...this might be just because of a comparison with my ratings I used previously, but Simon Pond had better v. R ratings then Bellhorn.

But the more and more I look at it, and think about it, the better they look.

jbmagicfan wrote:

GForce22 wrote:

smart88 wrote:

are you going to make a more user friendly version, ex. one with a gui ?

No. I work in Excel. I don't even know what a .gui is.

GH

gui is graphic interface to make it newbie friendly.

No idea how to do that. If, once I decide I've done a final version, another programmer wants to make it a .gui, they're welcome to do so.

GH

I am trying to make one for myself, but I don't have the time to finish it. :angry: , stupid school :evil:

Hmm...this might be just because of a comparison with my ratings I used previously, but Simon Pond had better v. R ratings then Bellhorn.

But the more and more I look at it, and think about it, the better they look.

Well, the splits are:

Pond: VS L 53/48, VS R 71/64

Bellhorn: VS L 70/68, VS R 70/68

This is without doing the major league split adjustment noted earlier in the thread for Bellhorn. Doing that, he's

VS L: 66/61

VS R: 78/84

GH

It would be trivial to do a full fledged program, but with some extra Excel work, you could prevent blanking out the formulas by locking the proper cells.

The other thing you could do is to write some VBA code wrapped around the Excel sheet/formulas. This would give you a nice windows form, while still keeping the bulk of GForce's work. (not completely porting over all the formuals in work into a new format).

If there was a real clamor to do something like this, I suppose I could crank it out over a weekend.

hey Geforce, are you gonna make it so we can enter stats for japanese players, mexican league players, etc..., or is there a way to already do that.

No plan to do so. Don't have league totals and the formulas would have to be adjusted to get them in line with American baseball...not something I have any interest in.

GH

This sheet is great Gforce. Most of the ratings for the Red Sox minor leagues are coming out right where I envisioned them. Any ETA on the sheet for the pitchers?

Thanks...I'm hoping to do a lot of work on the pitcher sheet this weekend. With any luck, a V1 pitcher sheet will be ready Sunday night or Monday.

GH

Well, the splits are:

Pond: VS L 53/48, VS R 71/64

Bellhorn: VS L 70/68, VS R 70/68

This is without doing the major league split adjustment noted earlier in the thread for Bellhorn. Doing that, he's

VS L: 66/61

VS R: 78/84

GH

This is what I am getting: (MOD=0 for all entries?)

pondhorn4qd.th.jpg

My main observations so far as for possible changes:

-- The Baserunning rating, which is obviously hard to measure, is something I'm not sure I'm happy with. I don't have much to rate it with, so the best bet may just be urging users to adjust the rating with scouting report info that may be provided. But this is another area where a few ratings points difference really equals no difference at all.

-- I also want to see if I can come up with a variance for hot and cold zones...as is, it's done so everyone gets 6 colored zones and 3 grays. Frankly, I like more grays...I think the ratings should do the bulk of the work, but at the same time I think the zones are necessary to make pitching to different hitters feel different. So I want to try and find a balance here.

GH

My main observations so far as for possible changes:

-- The Baserunning rating, which is obviously hard to measure, is something I'm not sure I'm happy with. I don't have much to rate it with, so the best bet may just be urging users to adjust the rating with scouting report info that may be provided. But this is another area where a few ratings points difference really equals no difference at all.

-- I also want to see if I can come up with a variance for hot and cold zones...as is, it's done so everyone gets 6 colored zones and 3 grays. Frankly, I like more grays...I think the ratings should do the bulk of the work, but at the same time I think the zones are necessary to make pitching to different hitters feel different. So I want to try and find a balance here.

GH

Yeah, those were the other things I noticed. It seemed that the baserunning values were pretty high, especially for slow players.

I also agree with you in regards to the hot/cold zones.

Question:

So I have a player who has played only one year, say in 2004. So I would enter his real '04 stats and age in the "04" row. Then I would enter his '04 stats in the other two rows also, but change these two rows to a "MOD" value of "0"? Or would a change all three "MOD" values to "0".

Then, what if I have a player who has played two years (03 and 04). What should a copy into the '02 section? His '03 stats? His '04 stats?

Just wondering how you guys using this were handling these things.

Archived