Player Progression Mod V2 Released

billharris44

I just noticed that for the created draft players, all of the 3Bs, LFs, and Cs have speeds and baserunnning abilities of 0!!! Also, the catchers all have one hands power rating in single digits (i.e. all his other hitting ratings are in the 40s, but one hands power is 2). Is this supposed to happen?

Also, does the mod allow for any chance of a Jason Kendall or Craig Biggio type speedy catcher?

• 3 weeks later...

Somebody e-mailed me about this. I just checked it this morning and you're right--all baserunning abilities are 0 for drafted players. I checked the values in rookie.big and they're fine, so the mod itself hasn't changed. The only thing I can think of is that somehow the third patch from EA changed something about how the values are used. I'm going to poke around and see if I can figure this out, but at this point I'm not optimistic. I have limited ability to change values, and when those changes are no longer working after a new patch, it's going to be very difficult to troubleshoot.

I got it. Before the third patch, EA allowed changes in the baserun.csv values file, including regrouping of positions (so if they had a group that only had catchers, and you wanted to add third baseman to that group and give them the same values, you could). After patch 3, though, that didn't work anymore, so the game stopped using that particular file. I uploaded a fix--the mod still says "v2" in the title, but the description of the download should note the change, I think. It's not available yet for download, but it should be available shortly.

I feel badly about not catching this, but either no one is using the third patch or no one's using the mod, because the problem just got reported to me a few days ago. And I was so sick of the game after finishing the mod that I haven't even played my own Dynasty (there's the curse of the modder).

its available now, but the download it links to is v2. so, no go.

I believe that's what billharris44 meant by writing

the mod still says "v2" in the title, but the description of the download should note the change

Plus, the file I downloaded states that it was compiled today. So I think it's v3.

Hey bill,

I wanna thank you for the tremendous job you've done with this mod and it really makes the game a lot better.

I have a question however, which might've been asked before. As you know, players' ratings start to decline when they hit 30+ in age. In some events it even happens to 27/28 year old players. This is not very realistic and I know you've already toned it down quite alot, but it's still bothering me.

You always hear people say stuff about a 29/30 year old pitcher that he hasn't hit his prime yet. In the game pitchers hit their prime about 2 or 3 years earlier than that. Is there anyway to fix this, to let's say postpone the decline in ability to a couple of years later? Also, I've noticed the changes in velocity which is pretty realistic, but there are quite a few young flamethrowers in the league right now and during dynasty you will end up with a dozen or so guys hitting 100mph. This seems to be a bit too generous.

I know you've probably worked on these issues, so I'm not getting my hopes up, just thought I'd ask you just in case you are able to do something with it.

Thanks

I'm still noticing that even with the new file, Catchers, 3B, LF, and RF, draft prospects are still having one of their power ratings in the single digits. For those four positions, the power rating against pitcher handedness the same as the batter's (i.e. v LHP for a lefty batter) is still between 0-4. The other ratings are normal. It's not supposed to be like that, is it?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I dont know if this is supposed to go here, but I didnt want to start a new thread on the consoles section. I searched and found a player progression mod in the consoles section for mvp baseball 2004. I was just wondering if this v3 of the mod is compatible with the xbox on mvp baseball 2005? Or if any other versions were more compatible with it. Thanks.

Archived