Total Classics 2005 Bug Report

itjit

I didn't see a thread for this, but here's a good place to report bugs found in Total Classics. This is only a place to help Fuzz and the others with future Phases. This is not a place to rag on anything that you don't like.

Thanks

When I load Mini Games, Batting, then choose D. Strawberry from the 1984 Mets, the game crashes. I have tried this twice with Strawberry, but no other players or teams. Each time, I get the same crash.

This isn't a bug, but more of a question. Since in MVP2005 you could have 25 man minor league rosters (AA & A), I was going to add back some players that could not be included in the original set because it only went to 22 players for the minors. Would this be something you guys have planned for future versions of Total Classics? I plan on doing it for the teams where I know who the missing players are.

um i really dont know the purpose of this thread. seems like it falls under a F.A.Q topic so i'm going to resume posting in there.

but here's a quick note:

the valid errors im getting are 62 Angels Crash to desktop and Darryl Strawberry 84 Mets Mini Game problem.

Anymore errors, let me know. The sooner the better.

From my experience, most crashes are due to an incorrect face number which does not exist in the game. Check these in MvpEdit...someone posted an Excel file that lists out all the valid face numbers, so that should be sued to check against.

C

Laotzu, which player is deformed on the 27 yankees?

Actually, for me it's like 1/3 of all the players in the game, whether it be 86 Red Sox, '55 Dodgers, '94 Expos, or 41/27 Yankees. I'm getting it frequently for whatever reason.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I haven't installed any graphic or uniform updates besides for this, so I've no idea. May just be me.

Thanks for your work and everyone else's, since I'm greatly enjoying it so far. Plus, Jerry Remy had a 100 speed rating, which made me very happy.

I get that effect when I match the texture of the face up to a mesh that it doesn't fit over, if that clue helps anybody figure this out. Except when I get it, the hair runs down the middle of the face and there's a face on each cheek. This seems to be happening with 2004 faces for him, when it happened to 2005 faces for me. But I checked through TC last night and the faces looked okay. I haven't had time to write a review yet, but I would only have positives so far.

Fuzz/Don,

For some reason my reply email to you from Fuzz's note bounced back from aol servers this morning. Here is what I wrote:

I went in and changed all the faces to say YES to 2004 face and then re-exported.

No crashes for 65 Indians. I checked to make sure all were valid face numbers and

they were. Not sure what others are seeing, but with this change it plays fine

for Indians.

C

I dont think there ever was a problem with 65 Indians.

The person who said 65 Indians was referring to the fact there were no uniforms installed for them. He then said the crash occurred with the 62 Angels -- which is true.

There's an error in the roster( i believe it may be the roster) that is causing the mini game to crash.

For the most part, both errors can be fixed. the 62 Angels crash isnt a problem, 65 indians uniforms isnt a problem, the mini game crash may take a while to fix because im still trying to pinpoint the problem

and the wierd looking faces laotzu is having -- well, im not really all that sure if that's a valid issue. Im not getting any problems and i've played all the teams he posted. Anyone else notice any other issues ?

So do I have to re-install the total classics with the corrected unis for 65 Indians and the 62 angels crash problem fix-or is there a patch?By the way Fuzz my computer genius son is showing me how to do a paypal to your account-I will try and get it to you this weekend-others should send you guys money as well-after all we reap the hours of enjoment from your hard work

um, well when i release the update, you won't have to worry about it.

however, if u want to do it urself --

1) copy models.big, uniforms.big, and Teams2005.fuz from Total Classics Lib Folder

2) paste models.big, unforms.big, Teams2005.fuz into your Studio2005 folder

3) encode the team slot 65 Indians

4) add and indians uniforms u want

5) hit export uniform files

but however, most likely, i'll release an update soon. Just want to make sure i get all the bugs and that's really up to you people to let us know.

I was not able to install TC2005. Partially into the install I got a "Run-time error '75': Path/file access error". This happens when portrait.big is being backed-up. I found that I needed to copy my original (from the CD) portrait.big file to the datafrontend folder. I was then able to finish the installation. I don't know if this is a bug or something to include in the readme file.

yeah i was just thinking that. If u had to copy the portrait.big over to your frontend folder -- it should have been there in the first place.

MAke sure eagraph,the game,or something releated to the portrait.big isn't open.

That error means the file is in use somewhere.

For the most part, both errors can be fixed. the 62 Angels crash isnt a problem, 65 indians uniforms isnt a problem, the mini game crash may take a while to fix because im still trying to pinpoint the problem

and the wierd looking faces laotzu is having -- well, im not really all that sure if that's a valid issue. Im not getting any problems and i've played all the teams he posted. Anyone else notice any other issues ?

I have the same issue. I played with the 86 mets and Dykstra, Hojo, and Carter all look messed up like the picture showed. The 75/77 reds had a few players like that too. Tom Seaver was one.

I am also seeing this here and there on a variety of teams. In addition, on some players, the eyes seem to have blinking white lights in them! Very weird and alien looking. It is prevalent so doesn't make any sense to try to narrow it to which players. Could it have anything to dow ith which version of MVPEDIT was used to create the .met file and if 2004 Face was checked Yes or No?

C

yeah i really cant help much with that wierd problem.

I've installed TC twice already in two different areas and still no issue

the only thing i can think of is maybe a bad download?? (might not make sense)

but if one face is fine for person A and the same face is messed up for person b, might be a download thing.

Archived