Problems of choppines with the ball

kio825

Hi to everyone.....I have the same problem of last year MVP 2004.

When the ball is thrown or hitten the movement is terribly not smooth and this is very unpleasant because it affects the realism of gameplay....i thought it was just a problem of mvp 2004..but i was wrong because maybe the problem is that programmers at EAsports cant do a game for pc standard!!!

What can i do to solve this problem????

AMD 2800 XP

1 GB RAM

ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128 RAM

I dont think my computer should have this kind of problem....but it was the same problem of mvp 2004 so it's not my computer specifications....

My monitor always works at 60 hz with every game with out problems.

I have vsync activeted both in my videocard and game yes....

AMD 2800 XP

1 GB RAM

ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128 RAM

I dont think my computer should have this kind of problem....but it was the same problem of mvp 2004 so it's not my computer specifications....

My monitor always works at 60 hz with every game with out problems.

I have vsync activeted both in my videocard and game yes....

I agree with you, it shouldn't . I believe it was atrocious that EA released the game with such an obvious bug. (& they even knew about this bug LAST YEAR!) Normally one can try to justify such a situation by saying, well there are so many different computer configurations that it's pretty hard to test them all. However, here it was a problem on ALL computer configurations, not just on the odd case.

you say there is no solution for this problem????

I cant believe....i have just wasted my miney so.....ea sports sucks...the onlly game worth the money is madden, their outher games really sucks!!!

I am saying that if you have V-sync enabled in both the game & in windows & your monitor is operating at 60 hz, I don't know any solution for your problem. I am not saying there is none. Perhaps try upping your anti-aliasing settings & your anistropic filtering settings (if you havn't done so already) & see if that helps.

One more suggestion I have, try reinstalling the game, (first uninstall & get rid of the MVP folder if the uninstall program doesn't do that for you) Then apply patch 2 directly to the game (don't install patch 1) & see if that helps.

You might want to try cranking up your AA and AF. I did that for a buddy of mine and it worked really well. He is running an Intel 2.5GHz processor, 512MB ram, and an ATI 9700 Pro video card, a pretty powerful machine.

To enable AA and AF on your ATI card you need to go into the advanced tab on your video card control panel and look for something relating to 3D settings...

I don't use an ATI card so I can't be of much help other than that. I was able to figure it out on my buddies machine just by poking around a bit.

I finally got mine running smooth. I play at 1280x1024 everything on high. I would download the latest catalyst drivers (5.4), and the standard ATI control panel (not the CCC). Install the video drivers, then reboot and make sure you have the proper monitor drivers installed. Right click on my computer, goto properties/hardware, then goto device manager and look under the monitor tab. If it says "plug and play" your monitor drivers are not installed. Even if it has a monitor listed, be sure it is your monitor (windows does not identify my monitor properly after a driver reintsall). Your monitor model should be listed somewhere on the case of the monitor. once you get the proper monitor driver in I would get a program called ATI Tray tools. it can be found here http://www.radeon2.ru/atitray/ . First thing you want to do after you install it is right click on the icon and goto refresh lock, goto customize, hit the double up arrow. This will set windows/games to use the maximum refresh rate for each resolution. If you have a big monitor (bigger than 19") you will prob have to change the refresh rate at 1280x1024 from 75 to 60. Then goto the hardware tab and general settings, and set your PCI latency to 128. Then goto the direct 3d tab and set Anti-aliasing to 6x and AF to 16x. Set vertical sync to always on or application preference, then goto settings/additional and set cat ATI to low. Your PC is pretty close to mine, a little higher, and w/ these settings, the game runs smooth for me. If you play other games, you can create a custom profile for MVP w/ the settings i mentioned that way the AA and AF settings will only take effect when MVP is launched.

Yeah, I also have an ATI Radeon 9200SE. I have the latest drivers, (and I really like the new ATI control panel, by the way, very cool) and i've been messing around with the AA AF settings all night, and i'm still not getting decent results.

I've read everyone talking about jacking up AA and AF to 4 and 16, but it seems I can't go any higher than 2 and 2 without experiencing some major lag, so much so that I can't even play the game.

I'm running an AMD Athelon 2400 with 2.0GHz and 725 mb of ram. Could it be my computer just can't handle upping the AA and AF? Any suggestions?

Yeah, I also have an ATI Radeon 9200SE. I have the latest drivers, (and I really like the new ATI control panel, by the way, very cool) and i've been messing around with the AA AF settings all night, and i'm still not getting decent results.

I've read everyone talking about jacking up AA and AF to 4 and 16, but it seems I can't go any higher than 2 and 2 without experiencing some major lag, so much so that I can't even play the game.

I'm running an AMD Athelon 2400 with 2.0GHz and 725 mb of ram. Could it be my computer just can't handle upping the AA and AF? Any suggestions?

Patch 2 didnt do anything? Are you sure it was installed correctly? You didnt have any roster mods or stuff like that, becaause it needs to be a clean install, only then the patch will take its effect.

Hmm, well, you might be right, actually. I'll go ahead and re-install the game and add the patch, cause I had a modded roster and a few jersey's when I installed all 3 patches. Hopefully that'll make a big difference.

Also, should I go ahead and install all 3 patches at once, or should I only install one or the other?

Well, I went ahead and re-installed, then applied patches 1-3, in order. I guess it's made a difference, i'm just not too sure. But the problem still remains with my AA and AF settings. Everyone else is turning them up and getting rid of the shimmering grass, but I can't go above 2x on both AA and AF without my game being totally unplayable because it's so slow and shaky. Is my computer just not strong enough to jack up the AA and Af settings? I'd love to improve those graphics and get rid of the shimmering grass, and make the game a little smoother overall ...

Archived