Portrait List?

danc

I know I have seen this somewhere but after searching the

Total Classics threads I couldn't find it so here goes.

What is the list of teams that have portraits for Total Classics

phase 2?? I know that not all were done and I would like to know

which teams I need to try to add.

Sorry I couldn't find the list elsewhere.

These are the teams listed in the readme:

'19 White Sox

'27 Yankees

'34 Cardinals

'55 Dodgers

'57 Braves

'60 Pirates

'61 Yankees

'68 Tigers

'70 Orioles

'73 A's

'75 Reds

'77 Reds

I'm actually working now on a portrait file that will contain portraits for ALL teams (or as many as I can put in before the portrait.big file reaches full capacity and MVPEdit no longer works).

It's a bit slow since I have to add photos one at a time using MVPEdit, but it will be worth it (at least for me) once I get done.

One thing I also have had to do is to modify some of the player photo ID's in the rosters (meaning that I'm updating roster files), because some teams are using the same ID's. With 90 classic teams, created by multiple roster makers, it was inevitable that two roster makers might pick the same photo ID's for their players..

Luckily, I have been able to create a spreadsheet of photo ID's from the rosters and I can find the duplicates as I work through one roster at a time.

I don't have a timetable for when this project will be done, since I do have a life outside of MVP2005 (a wife, 3 kids, a dog, a job, etc.... :D ), but I will get this done as soon as I can. As of this morning, I have added portraits for 9 teams to the portrait.big file. Including the 12 teams already included with Total Classics 2, that gives me a total of 21 files done (out of 90 total).

My long term goal is to continue this work for Total Classics phase 3 once it is released (provided that the portrait.big file hasn't reached full capacity and there are photos available). Depending upon the types of teams added to Total Classics phase 3, that will make the work easier or harder. For example, if phase 3 consists of "All Time" teams, which consist mainly of classic players already in the game, the only real work will be to update the "All Time" rosters to use the proper photo IDs.

IT IS NOT in the Go#$@#n read me file that

comes with phase2 tc!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't tell me that!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Jim................

danc - You owe Fuzz an apology, because this IS in the readme. That's where I got it from. Here's a portion of the readme (the relevant bits highlighted):

-------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q Ahead Of Time

-------------------------------------------------------

Q. Will my files be backed up?

yes, in your total classics folder, theres a subfolder called backup. Those are your original files.

Q. I click on tc2005.exe and it says, there's a file missing from the lib folder.

Please make sure your extracting using winRar.

Q. I click on tc2005.exe and it says, I did not select the correct folder.

Make sure you select your mvp2005 folder and not your mvp2005data folder.

Q. I installed the package and when i go to select a stadium, I see ebbets field is there, so i select it but when i go in the game, it's still a minor league ball park. how come?

I was just reserving the slot for ebbets field. Rolie will release ebbets field and any other stadium he has done when he's happy with it. He'll release it with an update package or it'll be in Phase 2.

Q. How come the 61 Yankees,27 Yankees, 68 Tigers, 60 Pirates, 57 Braves, 55 Dodgers, 34 Cardinals, 73 A's, 75 Reds, 77 Reds, 70 Orioles and the 1919 White Sox are the only teams with portraits?

We decided to keep it with the most popular teams with a bit of variety. You'll be able to do them all.

Next time, look a little harder before accusing someone of not telling the truth.

Archived