MVP in widescreen!

Go Tribe

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a 19" widescreen monitor. I never tried MVP 05 onn it because i though it will look like crap. To my suprise i tried it today and at 1024X768 you can hardly notice the stretching....

Comp, I see it being a worthwile tool if it doesn't take too much code... Anyone run in 2560x1600 on a 30"? I am debating a 24" and 30"(possibly the 37" westy but highly doubtful) for the sole reason of running MVP. I'm on a 20" now, and while its good I always feel like I need more.

Comp, I see it being a worthwile tool if it doesn't take too much code... Anyone run in 2560x1600 on a 30"? I am debating a 24" and 30"(possibly the 37" westy but highly doubtful) for the sole reason of running MVP. I'm on a 20" now, and while its good I always feel like I need more.

What do you mean "too much code"?

I'll try to read up on hex editing and stuff in C++, and if I get something accomplished, I'll release it.

1680 x 1050 is 90 06 00 00 1A 04.

And this definitely works. You do not get the game in "true" widescreen, but this does allow you to play in a resolution far beyond the game's original setting.

So you won't actually see more of the field... you'll get just the extra crispness of the extra pixels; more importantly, you won't have to put with up stretching of a 4:3 resolution on a widescreen monitor...

more importantly, you won't have to put with up stretching of a 4:3 resolution on a widescreen monitor...

I believe that depends on your monitor and video card. I tried to run the game in 1680 x 1050 on my 22" widescreen monitor and my ati x700 radeon. Everything I tried resulted in the game getting stretched.

compmaniac, it should be pretty easy to make the program. Let me know if you need/want some help.

• 1 month later...

MVP Baseball Game Resolution Changer released! You can use it to easily change the resolution instead of doing it manually!

Many thanks to tywiggins, who wrote the main program.

I just made some minor edits, and made it more user-friendly.

http://mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=3915.html

36852_reschanger.jpg

I just bought a new widescreen 1440x900. Thanks for making this tool, I will try it out as soon as I get my monitor set up.

:offtopic: But, whatever happened to compmaniac? He posted like crzy for a while and became really involved in modding and the comunity and then disapeared.

:ontopic: For this Res changer, do we just set the size we want to our monitors maximum resolution? And if we don't like it, can we change it back in-game (the video option in the menu) or do we have to do it again with the Res changer?

how about having the 2 black bars above and under the gameplay and strecting(sp?) the image a bit?

Sorry, don't know how to do that. (Don't think it's possible anyway.)

And philliesphan, sometimes I just get bored of modding. I switch between baseball and basketball sometimes. And modding takes a lot of time. I might return to it in the future, though.

Sorry, don't know how to do that. (Don't think it's possible anyway.)

And philliesphan, sometimes I just get bored of modding. I switch between baseball and basketball sometimes. And modding takes a lot of time. I might return to it in the future, though.

Okay, glad to see we didn't loose you for good. I know how you feel though.

Copmaniac I use your screen changer utility and I am very happy with, but if you could some day make it as someone said before with two black bars top and bottom as the widescreen movies I will be happier for sure, anyways nothing compares to play MVP in a 22" HP Brigthview Monitor I am in Heaven ! and yes your app. is a big part of it, thanks bro!

Copmaniac I use your screen changer utility and I am very happy with, but if you could some day make it as someone said before with two black bars top and bottom as the widescreen movies I will be happier for sure, anyways nothing compares to play MVP in a 22" HP Brigthview Monitor I am in Heaven ! and yes your app. is a big part of it, thanks bro!
He just said he doesn't know if it's possible nor how to do it.

Archived