Has anyone tried the Paterson cheat?

pangderx

We should give him a pass since him and the rest of the Admin and Mods need to deal with little kids everyday. There are frustrations.

No, you shouldn't give me a pass. I was wrong and I lashed out on ssmith for something he had nothing to do with.

You know how when things are not going well for you in real life and sometimes you bring your frustrations in here? That's what happened here.

So all you guys in the posts above me are right. I should apologize and I was wrong. Who cares if you are a admin, or a modder or whatever? If you are wrong and you take it out on someone for no reason, you make yourself look bad.

I may as well level with you here. I may have to face surgery in the future that I don't want to do. So I've been worried. And I get so worked up I get worked up here. I love this forum and the nice people here. You guys don't need to be involved with what I have to deal with.

So, sorry ssmith. I'll think the next time before doing something dumb.

I believe if you read it again, he was saying it's ok to do what ever you want with the game (play it like you want to) You help set the example how the boards "flow" - your comment of telling him to shut it is just foolish and unprofessional. Read what he said, see that he was saying "to each his own" and than try to make this board a better place to visit.

Derek

No, you shouldn't give me a pass. I was wrong and I lashed out on ssmith for something he had nothing to do with.

You know how when things are not going well for you in real life and sometimes you bring your frustrations in here? That's what happened here.

So all you guys in the posts above me are right. I should apologize and I was wrong. Who cares if you are a admin, or a modder or whatever? If you are wrong and you take it out on someone for no reason, you make yourself look bad.

Well said - I hope things go well for you.

Not to drudge up the past but I just found this topic and also got a PM from Y4L with an apology...I don't take it personally I'm sure he had a rough day and it spilled over onto the board, no worries. For the record though, keep this in mind when dealing with a newcomer...everybody deserves a chance to recant and apologize. That being said...what does under .500 taste like Y4L :wink: Have a good night guys lol

i prefer to create the Patersons in-game so I can make them bizarre-looking. they're usually really fat or thin, usually with super-thin arms/legs or combo muscular/thin like Popeye or reverse Popeye. Also, if you make him set for 7 feet tall, he comes out a taller midget and if you make him 5'6" then he's tinier. I prefer the taller ones because they have a bigger strike zone and can reach more pitches. It's not an automatic HR each time, I bang alot of balls off the fences and if you hit a grounder it often becomes a ground rule double. If the ball hits the wall in right it usually isn't grabbed by an outfielder till it's all the way in left, so if you make him a fast runner you can get lots of triples and inside-the-parkers. Of course, I'm such a bad hitter that I often just strike out with him.

I played Eric Kiss last year but he doesn't work for me in the 2005 version. I used him in dynasties and here's the strategy: You create him as a GREAT player, great hitting ability, but no field and no running. He's expensive when you sign him. Then you trade him to your biggest rival, who gladly takes him and bats him 3rd or 4th in the lineup. Then when you play your rival, you have a guy batting cleanup who grounds out to the pitcher every time and it's an advantage for your side. I make him a bad fielder in hopes he'll make errors when playing me, and a slow runner just in case he gets on base through an error or a fluke.

I agree 100%. You and Moose had your panties in a wad the other day and were exclaiming, "Treat others how you want to be treated!". Well Mr. Hypocrite, I have news for you! Do as you preach and others will follow!

Calm down! Rude enough! The cheats are for fun, now please stop arguing! There are young children looking at this

Here is one way to win the world series. I try it and it work. Assemble your team of good ballplayers. Create the paterson batters but with low contact, power, etc. But make them good fielders and fast and utility players so they can play anywhere. Sign them as single A backups but bring them to your major league team as backups. So all you bench players will be the paterson players. If they don't play they won't even complain. Sim your season and if you have a good team you will make the playoffs. For me I just sim the playoff, but if I behind by the 7th inning, I intervene and pinch hit my batters with the paterson players. And everytime I came back and I eventually won the World Series and make a cool 2.6 million of income in my first year. I playing with the yankees.

Archived