Is Rollie working on Ebbets anymore?

paulw

I've been playing around with the graphics in Rollie's Ebbets Field in total classics and been having a lot of fun. Does anyone know if Rollie's working on this anymore. I think this could be a pretty cool looking park. Here's a pic...

ebbets2005.jpg

I obviously can't release this because a lot of the work is Rollie's. I'm just putzing with the graphics.

I didn't want to bug him with an email so that's why I put up just a subtle little post. Maybe I'll send him one tomorrow from work ;-) Rolie did some *great* stuff but just in playing around I know this thing could be a really, really cool mod.

The scoreboard problem still exists (it also still disappears at times). This would take someone who would know how to work with the wal.dat file. Anyone out there know anyway to decode this thing?

I'll let you guys know if I find out anything. I just don't want to in *any* way seem like I'm pushing on someone who does AWESOME work.

BTW [HUGE naughty word] EA for not doing this ballpark. They must have had a reason?????

Paul,

I say go for it...you can always credit him as doing most of the work.

I have another question for you...would it be of interest to you of making oldtime versions of current stadiums? Like a 1960's version of Wrigley? Or a 1970 Three Rivers (based off Riverfront)? Or maybe a 1960's Dodger Stadium? I think these would be just great with the Total Classic mod, and might only require some oldtime ads be found for the walls, etc...

What do you think?

C

Capa-

I just don't think I have the time. The one that I do want to do though would be a 1960's Wrigley. I'm going to keep on fiddling around with Ebbets for awhile right now. I like this park too much to just leave it sit. Right now I'm just trying to have some fun.

If you guys don't mind, I think this is a great idea. But you really should run it by Rolie first. It's the right thing to do.

I agree 100%...problems appears to be that emails often go unanswered for weeks and months. I know Fuzz tried him for a month or so. If he replies, then fine. But if the requests go unanswered and postings do not get replied to by him, then I think it is fair game.

But I agree...an email or 2 is a good first step...let's see if he replies.

C

There's no way I'd ever release this without Rolie's consent. I'm now finished with what I've wanted to change (except for a VERY small change that I'd like with OEdit) and now am going to try and get in contact with Rolie. My hope is that Rolie's going to want to work some more on this and use some of my changes (or say just so go ahead and release it). As of now, this has turned into my favorite ballpark to play in.

ebbets2005_2.jpg

Just e-mailed Rolie. We corresponded on this stadium a bit before his original release. I've got my fingers crossed. I'm hoping to get him to do just a little more Oedit work on it - or just say it's o.k. to release it as OUR project.

If Rolie is MIA I think OEdit killed him. I *hate* that program. I really, really hate it!! :twisted:

Why don't you just release it as your personalized update of his stadium? Why would he be upset if you credit him? I'd love to check out what you've done, the pix look great.

I see what you are saying peterbernard, but something like that can get touchy. Some modders are a bit more lenient about doing additional work on their stuff. Some modders will object rather loudly if their work was

re-released without their consent or approval.

In no way at all am I saying that Rolie would throw a fit if paulw released his version of Rolie's Ebbetts Field. But since Rolie did do the work on this originally, his approval should be and will be required before this can be released on this site. It's the proper way to show him the respect he deserves.

Recently something like this did happen, sorry to say. A modder released some uniforms and borrowed stuff from a few other modders to put in his finished product. The modders objected, and the uniform sets were removed from the website.

Did the second guy credit the first?

Well, I want it on record that my faces are public domain, which is why I rely on donations. I would appreciate, but obviously could not in any way legally or morally DEMAND, that whoever wanted to revise my faces please credit me. But if anyone wants to take more of the red out of Willie Mays, or fix Mattingly's moustache, or darken Tony Oliva, that's okay with me, there's not enough time to do everything.

Good news. Just got the o.k. from Rollie. I forwarded the email to Fuzz and AlexTony whose email addresses I have.

There are still some minor bugs to be worked out. I'll be releasing this sometime before the end of the weekend.

There's also some stuff that I don't think can be changed such as a homerun going through the top of the scoreboard (it's not nearly as noticeable now as the scoreboard is much smaller and in correct proportion to the rest of the stadium). If *anyone* would know how to fix this that would be awesome. I think there are also some minor collision detection issues with the base of the scoreboard. I need to play a couple more games to check these out.

BTW - I actually *did* something in OEdit last night - got my one building roof flattened. :D :D

Archived