Thread kicker.

mooseknucks

I'll clue you in Sean O.

It's been proven that post counts mean nothing.

Furthermore, you do not see all that goes on behind the seens. Moderating is not about posting, it's about moderating.

Thanks for playing. Next?!

It's a shame, you know, you acting like those things are still going on. Has it been that long already? Post counts no longer are a problem. It's what's behind them. And what Sean O, I assume, was referring to, was the fact that I made one thread about a month ago, which called out 5 duplicate accounts with that one thread. It also stopped fighting quite hastily. I've always played a huge part in not just proposing a friendly air between Yankee's and Red Sox fans, but I've actually helped bring them together as a whole. Not only do they not despise each other, they actually talk and defend each other. I can't take all the credit on that one, Y4L, MarkB, Sean O and others helped that cause.

But of course, you wouldn't know that, seeing as you just threw your weight around, trying to use your position to be your power. Have fun with that, you know, all that assuming and no research? I hear it puts you in a land of your own, where you can beleive any bullshit you damn well want to beleive.

^^ Final post, trust me, I can't take the stupidty on here anymore. I really, really can't.

Signing out,

Brooklyn

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thread kicker sound like a great idea, but how do you prevent people from duplicated account. IP address? 8O

I am guessing the ignore botton is for PMs. It wouldn't make sense to have one for the forum since you can just ignore their post manually without True working hard on it.

But of course, you wouldn't know that, seeing as you just threw your weight around, trying to use your position to be your power. Have fun with that, you know, all that assuming and no research? I hear it puts you in a land of your own, where you can beleive any [naughty word] you damn well want to beleive.

Hey bro, don't worry about the truth... just keep speculating. Oh, and thanks for your resume.

Final post, trust me, I can't take the stupidty on here anymore. I really, really can't.

So hit the logout button for the final time. It's stupid to say that you are done but keep coming back.

My point is that Moose is doing all the work and get his Mod title stripped while cartersyard has been talking [naughty word] in here and get to keep his title. I just don't get it.

Please review your comment. I have not made any problematic posts.

Correction, not doing as much. What do you do behind the scene anyway?

PM me about what you think Moose/Brooklyn/whatever did wrong that you need to be so negative about him.

No offense bro, but I do not have to answer to you.

If you have a problem with me, please either send a PM to me or Trues.

No offense bro, but I do not have to answer to you.

If you have a problem with me, please either send a PM to me or Trues.

Seconded.

hongfu_chen, what he does is none of your business. Do you see him asking what you do? And if you don't care about being banned, then I have 2 questions.

1. Why are you here in the first place?

2. Why do you want to know what cartersyard does on the site?

Keep your nose out of business that isn't yours.

My take on this.

1. Leaving because of something like this is rather silly. I've seen it happen quite often, and even done it once myself when I was younger and very, very immature. Its only done to get attention. I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually leave when they say they are, but even if they did I don't think it'd accomplish anything.

2. The problem on the MLB forum is simple, its a lack of maturity. People can't stand it when someone insults their favorite team or favorite players. There are a few fixes for this. First and foremost, strict mods who aren't biased. I get the impression that some of the Yankee fan mods haven't disciplined other Yankee fans as much as needed at times. Most of the time it isn't even intentional, but it happens. Secondly, if theres a thread that will cause a fight, just delete it right away. This place isn't mature enough as a whole to handle it. Give it some time and it can. Which brings me to the third fix, and thats just time. This place has only been around a couple years. It needs some time to work out the bad members and let everyone mature.

3. The ideas people have mentioned here are ones I don't think will work. Banning people from individual threads isn't going to solve very many problems. Like someone already said, that person will just cause trouble in another thread. And an ignore feature isn't as great as people think. Mods can't use it, for one. And theres very few members who only post complete garbage, and they'll usually be banned. Otherwise you're missing out on a lot of good posts to ignore a couple bad ones. The only feature I could see working is a forum ban. Ban people from the MLB and/or Left Field forum. They could still use the mod forums. This would probably only be practical if that person makes mods, so they could still do that but not participate in the offtopic forums.

4. Completely getting rid of the off topic forums isn't a good idea. Forums need those to keep people around. After awhile people get bored of just posting about mods. Especially at a forum about baseball video games, people are going to want to talk about real baseball. The members who have been around for awhile are going to leave if there isn't any off-topic forums. Sure, some of them aren't going to make mods anyway, so their loss isn't that big for the site, but a lot of them will be mod makers. I know if I had the capability to play MVP2005, I'd make some mods. But if the MLB forum wasn't here, I probably wouldn't be around more than once or twice a month and lose interest in any mod I was making.

Granted, I've never made a mod even when I had 2004 and it was new, so me not being around won't make a bit of difference. I don't want people to think that I'm making this post becuase I feel I'm important to this community, I'm not. I've just been around a couple internet forums for much longer than I have at this place(5 and 4 years respectively) so I've seen all this happen before and even been involved many times. Each place is different so I know I don't have the answer, but I feel I can help a bit. And the main idea I have is getting rid of the Left Field and MLB forums isn't good for the site.

My take on this.

1. Leaving because of something like this is rather silly. I've seen it happen quite often, and even done it once myself when I was younger and very, very immature. Its only done to get attention. I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually leave when they say they are, but even if they did I don't think it'd accomplish anything.

2. The problem on the MLB forum is simple, its a lack of maturity. People can't stand it when someone insults their favorite team or favorite players. There are a few fixes for this. First and foremost, strict mods who aren't biased. I get the impression that some of the Yankee fan mods haven't disciplined other Yankee fans as much as needed at times. Most of the time it isn't even intentional, but it happens. Secondly, if theres a thread that will cause a fight, just delete it right away. This place isn't mature enough as a whole to handle it. Give it some time and it can. Which brings me to the third fix, and thats just time. This place has only been around a couple years. It needs some time to work out the bad members and let everyone mature.

3. The ideas people have mentioned here are ones I don't think will work. Banning people from individual threads isn't going to solve very many problems. Like someone already said, that person will just cause trouble in another thread. And an ignore feature isn't as great as people think. Mods can't use it, for one. And theres very few members who only post complete garbage, and they'll usually be banned. Otherwise you're missing out on a lot of good posts to ignore a couple bad ones. The only feature I could see working is a forum ban. Ban people from the MLB and/or Left Field forum. They could still use the mod forums. This would probably only be practical if that person makes mods, so they could still do that but not participate in the offtopic forums.

4. Completely getting rid of the off topic forums isn't a good idea. Forums need those to keep people around. After awhile people get bored of just posting about mods. Especially at a forum about baseball video games, people are going to want to talk about real baseball. The members who have been around for awhile are going to leave if there isn't any off-topic forums. Sure, some of them aren't going to make mods anyway, so their loss isn't that big for the site, but a lot of them will be mod makers. I know if I had the capability to play MVP2005, I'd make some mods. But if the MLB forum wasn't here, I probably wouldn't be around more than once or twice a month and lose interest in any mod I was making.

Granted, I've never made a mod even when I had 2004 and it was new, so me not being around won't make a bit of difference. I don't want people to think that I'm making this post becuase I feel I'm important to this community, I'm not. I've just been around a couple internet forums for much longer than I have at this place(5 and 4 years respectively) so I've seen all this happen before and even been involved many times. Each place is different so I know I don't have the answer, but I feel I can help a bit. And the main idea I have is getting rid of the Left Field and MLB forums isn't good for the site.

Well Said

I have to admit that I miss the Braves thread in MLB. I know that there are other places in the web that I (we) can go to talk about our respective favorite teams, but it was cool to talk to guys/gals (?) that loved this video game and your team. I miss it. Though I do understand that things were getting a bit out of hand in some of the general forums.

Archived