Thread kicker.

mooseknucks

Instead of closing the forums completely, there were numerous things you could've tried, one of which is the thread kicker. But of course, regardless of the few good ideas that were recognized, I've got no say in here at all. I've reccomended this numerous times, but good riddance. If you don't want to try different things, it's not on me.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A thread kicker is an add-on to message board programs that let's you "kick" people from threads. They cannot see the contents of the thread they've been kicked from. So instead of a ruffian starting trouble in the Official Yankee Thread (hypothetically speaking), they don't have to be banned for sixty days, they can be kicked from the Yankee thread for sixty days.

That's when we all get together and kick someone that is active in the thread right in the a$$

That might also be a good solution

... exept for the fact that Y4L might hurt his knee doing it :p

That's when we all get together and kick someone that is active in the thread right in the a$$

This would only be effective if mods/admins who get out of line could be booted.

Frankly, closing the left field area is a great move by Trues. When he promised me changes were coming here, I didn't think this would be the move. But the abuse of power by mods in the forum was huge, the different rules for different folks clear as day...now the board gets back to the focus it was supposed to have, the game and its mods.

GH

A thread kicker is an add-on to message board programs that let's you "kick" people from threads. They cannot see the contents of the thread they've been kicked from. So instead of a ruffian starting trouble in the Official Yankee Thread (hypothetically speaking), they don't have to be banned for sixty days, they can be kicked from the Yankee thread for sixty days.

This thread got 1000x cooler once brook used ruffian in a sentence. Kudos to you, chap.

I agree that the thread kicker would be cool, but I'm sure whatever the mods come up with will be fine. And seriously, how about we not start fights in yet another one of brooklyn's suggestion threads, ok?

... exept for the fact that Y4L might hurt his knee doing it :p

Oh boy, I hurt it enough just walking around. I doubt if I can raise it high enough to give someone a kick in the can.

By the way, what Tribetime meant about me hurting my knee is he's aware of my knee problems that plague me on a daily basis. But hey, I still get around.

A thread kicker would be great. A excellent solution to certain persistent problems that keep popping up. Would the "kicking" be done by the other members of the thread or by admins?

I know things were getting a little hot in the MLB forum, though I didn't think it would have resulted in the closing of that area.

I have to admit that I miss them (the forums not the verbal fracas), and hope that one day they will come back.

Ultimately though, it is Trues' baby. If he feels that things were too out of hand I guess that is it.

I'm looking at some of those options right now. The problem is, most of those addons do not work out of the box for CPGnuke. They take quite a bit of tweaking to get them to work if at all.

If I can get something working on my local server maybe we can give that a try for a while. We'll see.

Thanks

How about this option? If you do decide to bring the MLB and Left Field and stuff back, you could put these in the Rules to Follow.

1.) Get rid of all the "Official Team Threads"

-By doing this, I think it will really eliminate alot of the people going into for example the Yankee thread and saying that "The Yankees are gay, I mean, look at the way Jeter hopped right on Cano, blah blah blah." From the time I've been here, I think the official threads might have created the sub-categories like that one guy who posted on the 17-1 win, which I am assuming was the main reason for Trues to take the action. But hey, I could be wrong, because you know what happens when you assume, right? 8)

2.) No ripping of any teams or any member

-Of course everyone loves baseball or else we all wouldn't be here right? This falls under what I was talking about in rule number 1. Eliminate stupid posts such as the 17-1 topic, "Seattle is better than Kansas City", "HAHA! Detroit just swept Boston!". "Oops! Your Braves just got OWNED!" stuff like that. If you know it's going to raise heat between most of the members and you post it, then BAM! (Famous Emeril words), strike 1, banned for 60 days, strike 2, banned for 6 months, strike 3, kiss your butt goodbye and your IP gets blocked.

3.) Post count

-Not sure if this is a code that can happen and take place, but set a post limit before you can start posting in the MLB and Left Field forums. For example, let Trues and the staff know that you really care about MVP and the Mods, and you post 30 clean, non disturbing posts in the Mods/Dynasty/Support areas, then you get access to either the MLB or Left Field forum, and after you showcase your skills and politeness in those forums, you get access to the other forum you didn't have access to.

Trues, I believe you did the right thing by locking the forums. Took matters into your own hands and this is what we get. Sure it hurts some of the people who are good posters and don't start sh*t, but that's how life goes. It's like in school, you know when you are getting ready to go to lunch and everyone has to be quiet? You always had those 2 or 3 kids that would be obnoxious and it would punish the whole class. That's kinda what this feels like, and it sucks, because I enjoyed some of the Left Field and MLB Topics, but it's well needed. Sorry to waste everyone's time, just wanted to throw out a couple ideas that I thought about last night.

-CBK

alright,i seriously think what kc said would be good idea(no im not suckin up to him)

lets say Y4L(just an example) is pissin me of so i just clcik the ignore button and i wont see what hes saying to me and he doesnt see what im saying until i unignore him.

i hope that made sense

Yes, it makes perfect sense. You'll have the option to ignore and stop ignoring a person.

Archived