Thread kicker.

mooseknucks

How about this option? If you do decide to bring the MLB and Left Field and stuff back, you could put these in the Rules to Follow.

1.) Get rid of all the "Official Team Threads"

-By doing this, I think it will really eliminate alot of the people going into for example the Yankee thread and saying that "The Yankees are gay, I mean, look at the way Jeter hopped right on Cano, blah blah blah." From the time I've been here, I think the official threads might have created the sub-categories like that one guy who posted on the 17-1 win, which I am assuming was the main reason for Trues to take the action. But hey, I could be wrong, because you know what happens when you assume, right? 8)

2.) No ripping of any teams or any member

-Of course everyone loves baseball or else we all wouldn't be here right? This falls under what I was talking about in rule number 1. Eliminate stupid posts such as the 17-1 topic, "Seattle is better than Kansas City", "HAHA! Detroit just swept Boston!". "Oops! Your Braves just got OWNED!" stuff like that. If you know it's going to raise heat between most of the members and you post it, then BAM! (Famous Emeril words), strike 1, banned for 60 days, strike 2, banned for 6 months, strike 3, kiss your butt goodbye and your IP gets blocked.

3.) Post count

-Not sure if this is a code that can happen and take place, but set a post limit before you can start posting in the MLB and Left Field forums. For example, let Trues and the staff know that you really care about MVP and the Mods, and you post 30 clean, non disturbing posts in the Mods/Dynasty/Support areas, then you get access to either the MLB or Left Field forum, and after you showcase your skills and politeness in those forums, you get access to the other forum you didn't have access to.

Trues, I believe you did the right thing by locking the forums. Took matters into your own hands and this is what we get. Sure it hurts some of the people who are good posters and don't start sh*t, but that's how life goes. It's like in school, you know when you are getting ready to go to lunch and everyone has to be quiet? You always had those 2 or 3 kids that would be obnoxious and it would punish the whole class. That's kinda what this feels like, and it sucks, because I enjoyed some of the Left Field and MLB Topics, but it's well needed. Sorry to waste everyone's time, just wanted to throw out a couple ideas that I thought about last night.

-CBK

No offense, but you only wasted your time. We've had rules implied, rules stated, rules enforced. It just doesn't work. This is a message board for Crissakes! People have the chance to think before they post but apparently, everyone wants to waive that right.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offense, but you only wasted your time. We've had rules implied, rules stated, rules enforced. It just doesn't work. This is a message board for Crissakes! People have the chance to think before they post but apparently, everyone wants to waive that right.

I agree with Brooklyn, getting rid of the official team threads does nothing. and when people do say something, that's where the ignore button comes in handy.

Good job banning GForce22, we don't need wise, valued and mature people like him on these boards.

Honestly Hory (and I respect you a good deal :p) but lately GForce22 has been anything but "wise, valued and mature". Just read some of his recent posts and you will probably see what I mean..

As for suggestions, I said this 3 months back, we simply need an ignore-mod in place, Trues was working on one a while ago but I guess it fell through.

Short of that, I will continue using my own judgement to ignore threads, posters, or entire forums (lol), this is what works for me.

Why people, why do you make multiple accounts? If you are banned, can't you talk to the admin through another site? or emails? about it? Multiple accouts are putting on an immature show, and that is why people, that it is a 45 day ban on this site. To Hory, don't assume the entire reason for the ban was posted on the forum, what people fail to realize is that the cause for bans are often presnted in PMs or someting private.

Good Day

TT26

Why people, why do you make multiple accounts? If you are banned, can't you talk to the admin through another site? or emails? about it? Multiple accouts are putting on an immature show, and that is why people, that it is a 45 day ban on this site. To Hory, don't assume the entire reason for the ban was posted on the forum, what people fail to realize is that the cause for bans are often presnted in PMs or someting private.

Good Day

TT26

Tribetime for President!

And I don't have an answer for that. I don't know why they have duplicate accounts in here. Hell, Timay has enough of them to field a baseball team. And now he's working on more of them.

Duplicate accounts are just to cause trouble with. That's all.

As for suggestions, I said this 3 months back, we simply need an ignore-mod in place, Trues was working on one a while ago but I guess it fell through.

You are correct sir. I did have one working on my local server to an extent but I could never get it to work like I wanted. I'm going to revisit it in the next few days along with the thread kicker addon and see if I can make them work this time.

Good to see you around bro.

Tribetime for President!

he always was good at sucking up, and this coming from a person who tried to start takeover of the forum when trues was on vaction. All in an attempt to get rid of you Y4L, becuase he was pissed he got banned again

he always was good at sucking up, and this coming from a person who tried to start takeover of the forum when trues was on vaction. All in an attempt to get rid of you Y4L, becuase he was [naughty word] he got banned again

There was a misunderstanding behind the scenes, you can PM me for details if you want, everything was cleaned up and I am trying to change my attitude, punishments are supposed to put something thru the offenders head, no?

Where's Jeff Probst? Maybe we can get him to be an admin in our little survivor game.

You kick someone from one thread and they'll go cause trouble in another thread... then we have a choice, another kick or a suspension? That is pretty much the practice now. Warnings precede suspensions and bans. The site is not meant to be for everyone... just those that comply with the rules.

Archived