Cubs cyberfaces WIP

Bartw

Well GUESS WHAT??? You won't be able to apply the faces to the generic ones unless you RESTART your dynasty. That's the whole point of my concerns for this mod. You can only apply the faces to the players who already have default faces assigned in the game, and that's totally useless since those faces are already flawlessly done. I'd really like to have Barret and Zambrano have their real faces in the game, but IT'S NOT POSSIBLE UNLESS YOU RESTART YOUR DYNASTY..and doing so is now worth for a couple of simple graphical updates.

Yes, you have to restart your Dynasty to apply the face mods unless you get the IDs they used before you start your Dynasty. And the faces done in the game are NOT "flawlessly done" by the standards of many people - HENCE all the face mods. If you look at the .fsh we see so far, they are clearly better than the game, and quite obviously better than the generic faces for people such as Barrett and Zambrano. Most people who would care waited this long, or restarted, for TMv3 as is. If you don't care about face mods, fine, alright? But treating this as separate from any other mods, and "worthless" because you "have to restart" is pretty asinine.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the thing about generic faces is this (as far as i know, anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here): you can't exactly replace generic faces...one generic face covers multiple players, so if Zambrano is using generic face 01, for example, and you change that face, every other player using generic face 01 will have Zambrano's face. What most face modders are doing is taking existing faces out of the Legends and Heroes teams and changing them up for current players.

As far as other face works, you named two examples...however, most of the faces out there (like rolie's Dodgers and Red Sox packs) are much better than EA's, on top of the fact that their hair is now accurate from them changing up the models.

I didn't use the word "worthless" to describe the mod in the sense that you're talking about, or to insult this artist, but to describe that it will have no significance or effect on my dynasty since the generic faces will show NO change. Also, I don't think that too many people who have played several seasons on their dynasties would restart them for the sake of replacing the faces of 2 or 3 players. Therefore, the mod will be "worthless" to them.

I didn't use the word "worthless" to describe the mod in the sense that you're talking about, or to insult this artist, but to describe that it will have no significance or effect on my dynasty since the generic faces will show NO change. Also, I don't think that too many people who have played several seasons on their dynasties would restart them for the sake of replacing the faces of 2 or 3 players. Therefore, the mod will be "worthless" to them.

Methinks you are digging a deeper and deeper hole for yourself. ;)

Frankly, your posts come across like a child that didn't get his way. :cry:

There are many other ways to play MVP2004 aside from just playing in a dynasty.

Like many others here, I have a dynasty but I certainly will download these cyberfaces when they become available.....The workmanship looks terrific and I'm sure many hours have gone into making them as accurate as possible.

So what if some of these faces cannot replace generic faces already in a dynasty?....A dynasty doesn't go on forever...and even if some already have a dynasty going, they still may elect to re-start theirs *if* they feel it meaningful.

"Worthless"??....To you only....so when they become available, don't download them and move on.

Hey rolie, how about before you retire you do a Cubs facepack??? hehe. It looks like Bartw is MIA. Now with TMv3 and the Total Portraits ready to go, I'd love to have some of these faces for the game to finally be complete. I'm mostly really desperate for LaTroy Hawkins, Carlos Zambrano, Michael Barrett, Kyle Farnsworth... I think that's it off the top of my head, but players who will be around for sometime who have those generic faces.

So I'll be waiting rolie, it's in your hands now. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey rolie, how about before you retire you do a Cubs facepack??? hehe. It looks like Bartw is MIA. Now with TMv3 and the Total Portraits ready to go, I'd love to have some of these faces for the game to finally be complete. I'm mostly really desperate for LaTroy Hawkins, Carlos Zambrano, Michael Barrett, Kyle Farnsworth... I think that's it off the top of my head, but players who will be around for sometime who have those generic faces.

So I'll be waiting rolie, it's in your hands now. :lol:

Anything later on this?...

I am getting so desperate that I started looking into mapping and Photoshop but quickly realized my skills (whatever they may be) are not in any way compatible with creating face packs. :lol:

To be or not to be....That is the question!

And they seemed to be getting soooo close to completion.

My hands? wtf happened to bartw got a whole a lot people waiting for this, i hope he does it too, mapping is a *****, its a pain evn for me, lolz

i guess i could try it, but making faces from scratch is tough, i could prolly edit the ones in the game already like long hair, goatee type stuff, i dunno bout the generic faces though

so if someone wants to help me, i can try to do a couple that need oedit typ stuff done ,

rolie, i was just kidding man, you don't need to take it upon yourself :lol: but what about the fsh he posted in the thread? couldn't someone use those? i mean i'd assume you just need to chop it in half, take out the name, and you have a fsh, right? i know nothing about oedit, otherwise i'd attempt it, man where'd this bartw guy go?? :(

edit: and add hair, lol :lol:

rolie, i was just kidding man, you don't need to take it upon yourself :lol: but what about the fsh he posted in the thread? couldn't someone use those? i mean i'd assume you just need to chop it in half, take out the name, and you have a fsh, right? i know nothing about oedit, otherwise i'd attempt it, man where'd this bartw guy go?? :(

edit: and add hair, lol :lol:

they look nice the fsh, the problem is making the 3d oedit files to line up correctly, its not that easy, cuz, evry little thing has to line up, i think thtas where bart hit a wall, cuz ive tried making new faces but the key is finding a 3d oedit file to match the fsh file

See what that @$$ kkkkerrywood did, now there is no cyberfaces. BartW, if you are still on the planet earth finish them up. The insults are a joke and I for one will definately download them if they ever get completed Pleeaaaasssseeeeee :cry:

See what that @$$ kkkkerrywood did, now there is no cyberfaces. BartW, if you are still on the planet earth finish them up. The insults are a joke and I for one will definately download them if they ever get completed Pleeaaaasssseeeeee :cry:

lol :D ...I really don't care whether or not they get released now...I lost interest in this weeks ago

lol :D ...I really don't care whether or not they get released now...I lost interest in this weeks ago

Oops, sorry!...Some of us didn't inderstand.

We didn't realize these were being made just for you. :p

Oops, sorry!...Some of us didn't inderstand.

We didn't realize these were being made just for you. :p

You didn't "inderstand"? Well, now you do....anyway, why is this thread still active?? Face it, this mod is obviously never going to get completed..

No, you don't have to respond to it. Don't even read the thread then. And the things you say ARE pretty asinine. You whined about the mod and how it's useless to you - people make mention of it, and you just make it a bigger mess. Just forget it. Personally, the longer this thread is active, the more other modders will see the demand for it. Maybe it'll eventually get done. So as far as I'm concerned - post away. But unless you really have some childish motive for it to never get done, why push it?

Archived