Cubs cyberfaces WIP

Bartw

I know that there are alot of cyberfaces being made but I certainly agree that your faces look very good at the moment.

If they do come out great in the game I truly believe that this method of modding would be more accurate representation of the real players rather than cutting and paste mods.

WEll done and do you have any plans of doing other teams.

Rollie has a great grasp of orl and ord files so maybe you guys can work together.

Kerm and of course terminatorkorea is very good too if you can ever find him here...porbably speaks korean!

great stuff! :o

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now don't forget about Miguel, I'm teaching him somethings on face creations and he is picking up alot fast. Like the blending of the colors, how to map up the face like the nose, and eyes. He is doing a great job for what he is doing. Check out the Mets faces, I think he learning alot and picking up things fast. I helped him out because he ask for help.

So don't put Miguel out of the picture. I see some great faces from him coming out.

Kerm

No ETA, sorry....I have to check every single face first and remap the texure if required. :) Good thing is, I'll release the whole team in one big update ;)

But I'll keep you updated!

About software: Just Photoshop....and clear photos ofcourse...the clearer the better :)

Some players always wear their hats, so you can't see their eyebrows.....

How are you making faces for some of these guys that have the generic face ID? Can you add faces? And since you're taking on some minor league guys it looks like, I'd love one for Felix Pie ;)

Hey Bart, any updates on the Cubs faces? Could you let us know what Face IDs you are using for some of the players who have otherwise generic faces? Carlos Zambrano, LaTroy Hawkins, Kyle Farnsworth, Michael Barrett to name a few that come to mind. This way, I could start a Dynasty, but apply your faces whenever you finish them up. Thanks!

So you guys are saying that we won't be able to apply these faces to our dynastys' rosters?? :(

...that's kinda worthless then since 95% of us already have LONG dynasties going and don't want to start another one.. :?

Yeah, you can apply face mods to players who have a unique ID. So Prior, Wood, Sosa, Alou, etc. will be able to update the face fine without restarting your Dynasty. However, players like Barrett, Zambrano, Hawkins who use the generic faces will not be able to update without changing their Face ID, etc prior to starting a Dynasty.

How are the cybers coming? I started my dynasty last week and assigned numbers from players with faces in the game already to all of the cubs so when your update comes out I should be good to go. Cant wait for it to be finished!!!!!!!!!

Then I can get rid of my rollie fingers look-alike kyle farnsworth ;)

As you can tell by the length of this thread, lots of people "care". And how is this different than any other face mods that are so prevalent except that this is complete? And it's really well done. It would have a huge effect on my Dynasty since I'm tired of seeing the horrible generic faces, and even the custom faces are mostly bad. So I don't get why it wouldn't "effect your Dynasty", unless you simply have no discern for face mods - in which case, why are you even in a cyberface thread?

As you can tell by the length of this thread, lots of people "care".

I am really looking forward to these myself, and would be even if I was in a dynasty that I did not want to restart, simply because what we have seen of these cyberfaces looks really amazing.

As you can tell by the length of this thread, lots of people "care". And how is this different than any other face mods that are so prevalent except that this is complete? And it's really well done. It would have a huge effect on my Dynasty since I'm tired of seeing the horrible generic faces, and even the custom faces are mostly bad. So I don't get why it wouldn't "effect your Dynasty", unless you simply have no discern for face mods - in which case, why are you even in a cyberface thread?

Well GUESS WHAT??? You won't be able to apply the faces to the generic ones unless you RESTART your dynasty. That's the whole point of my concerns for this mod. You can only apply the faces to the players who already have default faces assigned in the game, and that's totally useless since those faces are already flawlessly done. I'd really like to have Barret and Zambrano have their real faces in the game, but IT'S NOT POSSIBLE UNLESS YOU RESTART YOUR DYNASTY..and doing so is now worth for a couple of simple graphical updates.

OK, first off, don't call any mod here useless. I'm sure you understand the countless hours that are put into stuff like this, with reshaping the models and recreating the face.

Secondly, don't speak for three quarters of the board. You're the only one calling these worthless and saying you won't install them. Jackass.

Third, what does it matter? Are you really able to install mods into the version of this game that you downloaded instead of going out to buy (unless you actually decided to spend the money, which I highly doubt)?

For most of us who have already started dynasties, we don't care about the generic faces that much. We're just happy to see the vast improvements he's made on the existing faces. EA making flawless faces? I almost ruptured my spleen from laughing so hard on that one. Maybe you're playing a different game...

OK, first off, don't call any mod here useless. I'm sure you understand the countless hours that are put into stuff like this, with reshaping the models and recreating the face.

Secondly, don't speak for three quarters of the board. You're the only one calling these worthless and saying you won't install them. Jackass.

Third, what does it matter? Are you really able to install mods into the version of this game that you downloaded instead of going out to buy (unless you actually decided to spend the money, which I highly doubt)?

For most of us who have already started dynasties, we don't care about the generic faces that much. We're just happy to see the vast improvements he's made on the existing faces. EA making flawless faces? I almost ruptured my spleen from laughing so hard on that one. Maybe you're playing a different game...

You're just putting words in my mouth there. The entire point of this mod, I assume, is to actually replace the generic faces in the game with more accurate ones. The only way to take advantage of that, however, would be to restart your dynasty and change the face ID's of the players with generic faces. I mean no disrespect to the artist of this mod, as it seems that he is doing an excellent job. I'm just implying that MANY of us won't be able to use this mod since we would be forced to restart our dynasty upon installing the faces. And YES, the faces already in the game are much better than any of the ones I've seen on this site. Just look at the Sosa or the Bonds face mods that have been posted on the site.

Archived