Cubs cyberfaces WIP

Bartw

I've put the uniforms on hold for a moment, cause there are a lot uniforms but just no good cyberfaces at all sofar. I'm working on most Cubs at the same time, so this is just a small selection.

These are just a WIP, but I really want to do complete teams, including those with missing faces. There are PLENTY of spots left that EA filled up with identical faces, so there's room to add like 50 or 100 new faces perhaps.

One important thing I shouldn't forget: Most faces will need remapping of the texture to make it fit perfectly, but I'll do that once I've finished a whole team.

faces_01.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great stuff......I wouldnt go as fast as saying that there are NO good cyberfaces out there....rollie did a pretty good job but I am still waiting for someone to do great sets...Rollie is working on a redsox set but he hasnt gotten back to me...think hes pretty busy with his modders' project.

Also terminatorkorea has done some good stuff...he used some of the old players faces and replaced them.

CAnt wait to see yours you do good work!

Sorry, you're absolutely right! :) There ARE very good cyberfaces out there......good of you to point that out, cause I love their work! :)

I really liked the LA Dodgers' cyberfaces and the Kaz Matsui update was also incredibly well done! :)

Here are some more.....also without hair for the moment.

And also, together with the guys that are doing the Legends roster, I've been working on some legends too, although good quality photos that I can use are very hard to find.

faces_02.jpg

And these are a few of the legends....I still have to do Duke Snider, Kirk Gibson, Willie Mays and some others.

faces_03.jpg

NOt a big fan of legends but anyway, was hoping that if you are doing the cubbies have you thought of how you are goint to do the hair for kyle fanrsworth and sergio mitre?

These guys have curly hair at the moment.

hey bartw i doing the mets cyberfaces and was wonderiing how did u get those images. when i try to to get there face i get half of the face with one eye on the lower right hand corner. but i see u have the whole head with 2 eyes. where did u go. m cureently doing the jose reyes and need ur help thanks.

Hey BartW, would it be possible for you to do a Ramon Nivar cyberface (extremely speedy outfielder, Texas Rangers) at some point? I can live with all the other faces on the Texas roster, but he's got goggles ala K-Rod that makes his character look really boring in-game without. Thanks for anything you can do.

Bartw, great looking stuff, looking forward to using these cyberfaces. Speaking of Kyle Farnsworth, he's a little tubby in the game, which in reality he is most definitely not. Is there any way to fix this? I have tried using a few different roster sets and no luck so far, and I don't know about any way of editing existing (as opposed to created) players weight and body proportions. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks guys! It'll take a bit of time to get it all finished up. Have no idea about how long this will take.

About Sosa: there's one problem, he's always smiling on photos, which make his whole faces (eyes, eyebrows, cheecks, etc) look very differently. Need a good picture of Sosa with a modest smile or not laughing at all.

The rest is coming along nicely. I'll keep you guys updated ofcourse!

Bartw

Do you know how to close the players mouths? I can help if you like, if you want email me and I'll give you the info on how to if you're using PSP. My email is kpf48@sbcglobal.net. I would like to talk with anyway on the numbers you are assigning for my rosters to compliment them.

Just trying to help

Thanks

Kerm

Thanks for the offer kerm! Since I need to adjust the mapping anyway, I'll see if I can get them to work with mouth open :) If not, I'll close them (thanks for noticing, haven't thought about that at all) :)

I'll send you an email tomorrow or the day after (got to go right now).

Here are some new ones I finished today:

faces_04.jpg

Thanks again everyone! It's really encouraging :)

I just rounded up all faces, expect I noticed there was a problem with the face I made for Derrek Lee...when I mirrored it, he looked like some kind of dog, hehe :) Anyway, here's the last batch of the Cubs, except for Lee.

Next up is all the hair. Oh, please notice the Mueller eye straps on Aram, Alou and Ordonez's faces. Hope I did that right.

Here you go. If you really want, I can also make Andy Pratt and Glendon Rusch...but for now I'll keep it with these and work on the hair.

faces_05.jpg

Archived