Oh No I Didn't...

olyrunner

...save over the top of my Mariners dynasty. :evil:

Just a warning to those of you who bounce back and forth between dynasties - pay attention when flying through the save screens. Baaaaaah! What a way to start the week! :cry:

yeh i did the same with my fantasy mariners dynasty and my normal mariners dynasty.

its very annoying, my current dynasty is saved as MARINERSFANTASY because i didn't pay attention and overwrote the saved game file with the wrong dynasty :x

Over the years, I've done this many times. I always manually play each game, and I've been 80-90 games into a season and have overwritten it.

Navigating through menu screens have taught me the meaning of patience. :wink:

Believe me, we feel your pain. :?

man that really sucks. I have had that happen too many times to count so for my Braves dynasty i have two save files...... Braves and Braves backup. The days of saving over a half finished seasons are over to say the least

Y4L, you'll love this....the file that I saved over the top of the Mariners....Boston. Serves me right, eh? :oops:

Rush, good thinking - I am going to start doing this (once I get over the lost file and stop pouting). That's a good suggestion!

I thought Oly was playing a Yankees dynasty all this time. My God, everyone's jumping ship now.

LOL...you crack me up....keep watching the Yankes, they'll be OK...I don't think Torre will be, but as a whole the Yankees organization will make out fine!

As for Oly's mistake...that sux man, it happened to me about a week ago...I was 74 games in and saved over it...ugghhh!

yeah, that's happened to me before in MVP, Madden, you name it. Now, i'm either doing the same thing as Rush2112 (have a different save of the same dynasty in the game) or, if i'm strapped for dynasty saves, I'll just copy the actual file from My Documents into a different folder for backup.

What I strongly suggest doing is going into My Documents/MVP Baseball 2005 and copying the files every few games into a different directory. I'm such a dumbass I frequently copy over files, and so at most I just lose a few games I've played.

Archived