classics 3?

MrGravyard

Yes, it is still being worked on. Right now, I can only comment on roster and portraits for the project. The warm weather has slowed the work down a bit (at least for me). I've gotten 28 of the 30 roster files from AlexTony so far. As of last night, I've imported 20 of these teams and added portraits for them to the portrait.big file.

AlexTony has been creating new audios (and thus new ID's) for many players (Phase 1, Phase 2, and Phase 3). What this means is that whenever I get a list of updated audio IDs from him, I have to go into MVPEdit and do the following for each player that is getting a new ID (since the audio and portrait ID are one in the same):

1. Go to the player to be updated

2. Delete the portrait assigned to his current portrait ID

3. Assign the player a new portrait ID

4. Re-import the player's portrait.

5. Update my spreadsheet that lists portrait IDs for every player in the game

This process takes about 60 seconds per player and so far AlexTony has created over 400 new audio IDs!

The reason I have to do this is because when you change a portrait ID, it leaves the actual portrait in the portrait.big file (i.e. it is not used, but it still takes up space). If I were to leave the portrait in the file, it would take up valuable space, and we might eventually run the risk of not being able to add any more portraits.

This extra work is well worth it, because hearing the player's name AND seeing his portrait makes TotalClassics that much better.

Additionally, I spent a bit of time going back through every team roster, and whenever I found a player without a portrait, I assigned him a picture of his team's logo, rather than leaving him with that blank silouette.

So although you haven't heard much about Phase 3 lately, rest assured that there is plenty of work going on. Since this is a team effort, I can't give you a definite release date, but suffice it say that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Fuzz - Any word on the logos for the Phase 3 teams -- is someone working on these?

Jim825

I have completed the logos for the following teams:

50 phils

62 giants

64 cards

64 phils

70 reds

71 pirates

74 white sox

75 boston

76 tigers

77 nyy

77 LA

79 pirates

80 braves

83 white sox

83 orioles

84 sd

89 sf

89 cubs

90 a's

91 Pirates

91 twins

93 braves

93 phillies

95 rockies

96 Rangers

97 marlins

98 padres

99 indians

These are all the teams that I have for TC3. If there are any other teams please let me know so I can do the logos for them.

Thanks

here is the final list of teams that will be added to 'TC' phase 3:

50 phils

52 A's

62 giants

64 cards

64 phils

70 reds

71 pirates

74 white sox

75 boston

75 cleveland

76 tigers

77 nyy

77 LA

79 pirates

80 braves

83 white sox

83 orioles

84 sd

89 sf

89 cubs

90 a's

91 Pirates

91 twins

93 braves

93 phillies

95 rockies

96 Rangers

97 marlins

98 padres

99 indians

What Jim825 said earlier pretty much covers the update. All in all we feel

getting 80%+ of the player pics with about 33% having audio's will be worth

a little longer wait. Pics and audios take time and several people are involved

in this process. It is getting there fellas :wink:

Jim825

I have completed the logos for the following teams:

50 phils

62 giants

64 cards

64 phils

70 reds

71 pirates

74 white sox

75 boston

76 tigers

77 nyy

77 LA

79 pirates

80 braves

83 white sox

83 orioles

84 sd

89 sf

89 cubs

90 a's

91 Pirates

91 twins

93 braves

93 phillies

95 rockies

96 Rangers

97 marlins

98 padres

99 indians

These are all the teams that I have for TC3. If there are any other teams please let me know so I can do the logos for them.

Thanks

Cool! It's good to see you back here. I don't know if you remember or not, but we collaborated on some of the the team packages ('85 Yankees, '96 Yankees, '98 Yankees, '78 Dodgers) for MVP2004 Total Classics last year.

As AlexTony mentioned, the two final teams that are being added are the '52 A's and the '75 Indians.

The only negro league team will be the 1934 Pittsburgh Crawfords.

The team had alot of greats and HOF's. It is not easy to find pics, stats,

etc. (even rosters) for a whole team. But, I /we made sure to get

at least one great team in there. Many of the players are on some of the

'TC' rosters though. Simply, no body turned in any rosters

We made sure the '34 Crawfords did get in :!:

it is still going to be a week or two. the mod gets better the more time put

into it. more pics of the players, more last name audios, rating checks, etc.

it 'IS' coming together. just alot of teams and alot of players. hence, more

variety when p3 is done

I've got portraits and audio changes added for 25 of the 28 teams that have been sent to me (out of 30 total). I hope to get a few more done tonight and then it will just be a matter of getting the last few teams, adding them and testing. As Tony said, we are getting there..... :)

I have a question about the rosters. Are they for exhibition games only? or can you turn off injuries and play dynasty / owner mode?

mrmariner....I had the same question....Sure am interested in hearing an answer.

After reading so many positive comments, I am interested in starting one of the classics but I was concerned what it might do to my dynasty and roster which I have started.

Wondering if this is only for exhibition or (hopefully) can be a played as a dynasty without over-writing my current dynasty roster.

Looking forward to the answer.

mrmariner....I had the same question....Sure am interested in hearing an answer.

After reading so many positive comments, I am interested in starting one of the classics but I was concerned what it might do to my dynasty and roster which I have started.

Wondering if this is only for exhibition or (hopefully) can be a played as a dynasty without over-writing my current dynasty roster.

Looking forward to the answer.

I play only exhibition games myself. I'm not sure exactly how dynasty or owner mode works, but I see no reason why you could use TotalClassics for those modes. The thing to remember, however, is that if call-ups are involved, any transactions made will pull players from other classic teams onto your team. This is because every team spot (Majors, AAA, AA, A) is filled up by a different classic team, and there is no particular rhyme or reason to it.

For example, the Yankees major and minor league spots are not filled by all Yankees teams. The Yankees AAA spot is filled by the 1998 Yankees, their AA spot is filled by the 1978 Dodgers and their A spot is filled by the 1961 Milwaukee Braves.

For example, the Yankees major and minor league spots are not filled by all Yankees teams. The Yankees AAA spot is filled by the 1998 Yankees, their AA spot is filled by the 1978 Dodgers and their A spot is filled by the 1961 Milwaukee Braves.

Aha....That explains a lot. I'm sure playing in exhibition mode will be just as enjoyable and not mess up the "minors" as you indicated.

One final question, if you don't mind....

I'm guessing the classics has its own roster folder which will not over-write the rosters I (or others) have already installed....Correct?

Looking forward to giving it a try!

Aha....That explains a lot. I'm sure playing in exhibition mode will be just as enjoyable and not mess up the "minors" as you indicated.

One final question, if you don't mind....

I'm guessing the classics has its own roster folder which will not over-write the rosters I (or others) have already installed....Correct?

Looking forward to giving it a try!

WRONG!!!

When you install the Total Classics, it overwrites your rosters, your portraits, your uniforms, etc. The way to get around this, as many have done (myself included), is to have a dual install. What you do is the following:

1. Create a new folder under Program Files EA Sports with a name like "MVP 2005 Total Classics".

2. Copy everything from your Program Files EA Sports MVP Baseball 2005 folder to the MVP 2005 Total Classics folder.

3. When you run the Total Classics installer, tell it to install to the "MVP 2005 Total Classics" folder.

4. On your desktop, create a new shortcut that points to Program Files EA Sports MVP 2005 Total Classics mvp2005.exe.

You've now got two versions of the game installed, one for "regular" MVP 2005 and one for Total Classics. Both versions will share the profile and controller configuration settings that are in your My Documents MVP Baseball 2005 folder, but that shouldn't cause you any problems.

Jim825...

Aha again!

Gotcha....Now I understand the concept. Thanks for the explanation and the warning.

I'll actually have two MVP2005s on my hd and two shortcuts....one that will take me to the "regular" MVP05 sim and the other which will take me to the "Classics" MVP05 sim.

Makes sense....I do appreciate it! :)

I'll try this again-Is it possible to modify the existing classic teams by placing them in different leagues,divisions etc?If I want the similar eras together such as 50's and 60's teams in divisions together?

The only way to do this (and I believe capa or stecropper has done this) is to open up the rosters in MVPEdit, export the teams, and then reimport them into the slots you want (e.g. you could make AAA 60's and 70's teams, AA 40's and 50's, etc.).

The only way to do this (and I believe capa or stecropper has done this) is to open up the rosters in MVPEdit, export the teams, and then reimport them into the slots you want (e.g. you could make AAA 60's and 70's teams, AA 40's and 50's, etc.).

Yes...this is how I did it. The only issue is, you need to import the same franchise. In other words, you wouldn't want to import the 1927 Yankees to overwrite the Orioles slot...because you wouldn't have the uniforms, etc associated with the Yankees. You can do this, but it would take a lot of uniform shuffling, and name changes in the 2 .loc files, as well as logos, etc.

But you have the concept correct. Import the 61 Yanks to overwrite the current Yankees. The 70 Orioles to overwrite the current Orioles, etc...

Lastly, if you don't want the rosters to get all whacked out, turn injuries and cpu trades off, and you should be good to go.

C

Archived