Ebbets Version 2 finished

paulw

Just so you classic guys know we went all out on this one. I'm going on a vacation. 8O Should show up on the site shortly. Please feel free to use this in Total Classics if you wish. Thanks guys. You're the *REAL* baseball fans!

ebbets_2005_v2.jpg

Hey Paul,

I installed Version 2 in the AAA #1 ballpark. On your 1st version, I did that one over Shibe. I did not have any camera issues in the Shibe one, but with version 2 in the AAA park the dugouts have issues as do the bullpens when doing the cut scenes.

Also, the CF stands are much different from the low zoomed batting view. In Ver. 2, the CF stands take up the whole screen, but in Ver. 1 in Shibe the CF stands dont go all the way to the right side of screen and you see the corner out there where the RF fence meets the CF stands. Which one is the accurate one and should I try and install Version 2 over Shibe instead. I seem to remember you stating there were camera issues in the readme of Version 1 when used over the AAA stadium. Is that right? What is the best option at this point?

I installed Version 2 in the AAA #1 ballpark. On your 1st version, I did that one over Shibe. I did not have any camera issues in the Shibe one, but with version 2 in the AAA park the dugouts have issues as do the bullpens when doing the cut scenes.

Also, the CF stands are much different from the low zoomed batting view. In Ver. 2, the CF stands take up the whole screen, but in Ver. 1 in Shibe the CF stands dont go all the way to the right side of screen and you see the corner out there where the RF fence meets the CF stands. Which one is the accurate one and should I try and install Version 2 over Shibe instead. I seem to remember you stating there were camera issues in the readme of Version 1 when used over the AAA stadium. Is that right? What is the best option at this point?

You've got two options. Make sure to copy the file aaa1nite.txt to your MVP2005/data folder OR just rename the version 2 file Shibday.big. All your camera issues will disappear either way. Hope this helps.

Paul,

Yes, I did copy the aaa1nite.txt to the data folder. Anyone else noticing bullpen and dugout cutscene issues?

In the bullpen situation, what I see is a wall with the occasional arm or leg come through.

In the dugout issue, the players in the dugout look like they are in dark brown lake up to their knees. I dont have these issues in Version 1 that is installed over Shibe.

Is is just me or is anyone else noticing these issues?

Okay, i reinstalled the txt. file and that seemed to clear things up. No more dugout or bullpen issues. Weird it didnt take the first time I installed it. Thanks for your patience.

I love playing at your Ebbets with the old uniforms. Great job!

I just noticed Moe Howard, Lucille Ball, Harpo Marx, and some other people I don't immediately recognize in the crowd. This really adds alot to it. I think Ralph kramden and Ed Norton should be in the crowd, since they are the ultimate icons of 1950's Brooklyn, probably. This is awesome, everything about this version of Ebbetts. You should design the new one they're gonna make in Queens.

ebbetscrowd.jpg

Who are the other people?

Might be Bogart next to Harpo.

Good shot (actually from an Edward Hopper painting call "Nighthawks"). BTW, the celebs in the crowd was Hyman's idea and work. I didn't mention this in the credits for the stadium and really should have. The only one I did was Bogie. There's two hidden celebs in the crowd. If you know how to mod stadiums you can make them magically appear if you'd like. One is quite a babe. 8O

Nice job finding "Nighthawks", peter 8) . Actually I don't think that is Bogart. I've got it confused with another painting by a different artist that used this same setting and had celebs in it. If you like to look around stadiums, there's another Hopper painting used in Ebbets (not in the crowd). See if you can find it. I like Hopper a lot.

Archived