Sean O's Milwaukee County Stadium Released

Sean O

Hey all-

Well, i've changed more around on this park than anything else I've worked on. The bleachers were completely built by scratch, along with the graphic for the scoreboard (obviously), the dimensions are accurate including the foul area, and the stands have been lowered and cut down to make them more accurate. There are some graphical issues in the stands, and none of the 90s additions are included (despite the scoreboard being from that era), but it should give you an excellent idea of what it was like playing there.

I've included a text file that should move the bullpens to the accurate location for the source stadium along the foul lines, but unfortunately they won't actually appear in the bullpens in right field. It should lead to working dugouts though, which is always good.

If you enjoy this or anything else I've done and want to contribute, donations of any amount would be tremendously appreciated through paypal at eyerishman34@yahoo.com. If not, comments and opinions will do fine.

Milwaukee County Stadium layout: (thanks again Andrew Clem)

MilwaukeeCountyStad.gif

08pq.th.jpg

14xa.th.jpg

22au.th.jpg

35hj.th.jpg

44vi.th.jpg

For comparison to the source stadium:

clev16ni.th.jpg

clev28ga.th.jpg

clev4lj.th.jpg

Enjoy.

Sean O

Indians Logo? I thought this was the Brewers old stadium?

Well he obviously used Cleveland Municipal Stadium as the basis for this stadium, they are very similar. Which is also why they filmed Major League there, which was my point about Rick Vaughn. I only said something because you can see an Indians logo in one of the screenshots on the dugout.

Well, that was my point, the Indians logo should be axed, but it is still a cool stadium!

It was, that screenshot was taken at around 95% completion. Just plain concrete on the top of it now. If i get some energy I'll add the light standards in the outfield and make some other changes, but I wouldn't count on it.

how about a version with braves logos, becuase the braves were there first.

The Braves version would involve a complete re-do of the outfield bleachers, since the current bleacher system wasn't installed until after the Brewers arrived in 1973. Observe: (Thanks go to Andrew Clem, as usual)

1954:

MilwaukeeCountyStad_1954.gif

1973:

MilwaukeeCountyStad.gif

So, it would be quite a lot of work. But, if you can track down some good photos, you never know....

i wasn't asking for a redo, but just switch out the brewers logos with braves logos. i know it wont be accurate to the braves time period, but it would look nice for the braves fans who want to relive the milawakee days, especally '57.

How does McCoy sound for the next project, Sean O? If you can get the wall.dat and some oediting done, I'd be willing to get the texturing and ads done.

as much as I'd love to have an accurate fenway, McCoy and Hadlock, I begin the job hunt on tuesday, so unless people start donating to paypal en masse I don't know how much time I'll have for modding in the near future. It's a bummer, but that's how it is.

Plus, I need at least a week or 2 break, doing baltimore and county in one week was waaay mad slack. Break is good.

• 8 months later...

Archived