Forum Changes & Additions

snepp

I'm currently working on re-designing the entire site. I don't have a lot of time so it's slow going. I plan on having it ready for the new year. Sorry it can't be any sooner. It will address the issues above.

Thanks

Wow, a whole new design? That's pretty cool. Thanks, man! :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed, but I still don't see an option to change to 800x600... :cry:

If anything, I would say it's worse...it looks to have been increased! Maybe it's just my eyes, but it seems that Trues has went up one and went to 1280x1024!

Indeed, but I still don't see an option to change to 800x600... :cry:

If anything, I would say it's worse...it looks to have been increased! Maybe it's just my eyes, but it seems that Trues has went up one and went to 1280x1024!

That's what it looks like to me too. I'm on 1040 and it is bigger than that

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trues, please tell me you have an 800x600 layout for this new skin! The last one was...bearable to say the least, but this one is just...well, see for yourself.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/MarkB2004/img1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/MarkB2004/img2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/MarkB2004/img3.jpg

Not only that, it seems much slower. Maybe it's just my connection fluctuating, but I was able to connect to other sites while this one was just hanging, loading a page, even after refreshing.

Please! :|

Trues, please tell me you have an 800x600 layout for this new skin! The last one was...bearable to say the least, but this one is just...well, see for yourself.

Not only that, it seems much slower. Maybe it's just my connection fluctuating, but I was able to connect to other sites while this one was just hanging, loading a page, even after refreshing.

Can your monitor not handle 1024x768 at all? If it can, it wouldn't be too difficult to use some type of quick resolution changer (your video card software may even have one). Like Trues mentioned earlier in this thread, the vast majority of people use 1024 or greater. I've done a little searching, there are 8x6 themes for phpnuke, but the initial setup the site really needs to be complete before making additions.

As for the speed, I noticed some slow forum loading even before the change-over. I've been looking into it, but no resolution as of yet. I suspect it's an issue on the host's end with mysql.

Have you tried optimizing the mysql tables?

Analyze, Repair, Optimize. You name it, its been done. It doesn't appear to be near as bad as it was a couple days ago, I'm not getting any threads that refuse to load. I've got a list of phpbb and phpnuke tweaks that should speed things up considerably, but if the server is doing something flaky they'll only go so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, nice new look Trues. Very nice. One very small glitch, there is a white line down the logo at the top to the right of the MVP Mods logo. Other than that, it looks flawless. Great work. Grazi!

:D:D:D

BTW, expect a donation soon. :wink:

EDIT - Sent. :)

Archived