Waterfront Park BETA released

MarkB

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh you don't even want to glance upon my two unfinished projects, lest your eyes bleed at the prospect and you scream in terror. For practice, I think you should keep plugging along with the minors stadiums, then move onto the classic parks. I still hold the dream of having every major league park ever in MVP, but I'll have to wait a whole lot longer.

That is quite possible, actually. My eyes have been under some pretty intense work these last few days!

I've planned on updated AA stadium 03 next (New Britain Stadium), so I think I might see how that comes out then move on from there.

The ads look good and overall it is really nice, but the scoreboards aren't very realistic. The video board is in right center field, the one in left is just a normal scoreboard, with a similar inning scoreboard thats on the right field wall directly underneath it. Also, do you plan on adding the borders and flags around them, it looks kind of silly with that video board just hovering above the wall. Here's my other humble opinions...

-Whats with all the bunting, is it the 4th of July? :) Can you add in the retired numbers of Nomar, Tony Clark and Jackie Robinson on the facade behind home plate?

-Can you put the "THUNDER" behind home plate instead of the "NY" and Thunder "T". Thats how it is most of the time, plus I think it looks a lot cooler.

-Can you move the bullpen further down the lines? They're a little close to the dugout. (I know, now I'm nitpicking!)

-Any way of getting the river in there?

Good work though, keep it up!

jewgrass; yeah, the scoreboard were one of the main problems. Unfortunately, I think the way they are right now is pretty much the best it will get without totally restarting the OEdit work on the scoreboards.

The bunting is there because I couldn't add the retired numbers with any degree of success. EA has chosen to only allow a very small section of that area to actually be used, and it loops it all the way around the building, so if I did add the numbers, they would be repeated all around the building.

I finished the NY and T logos last night, so that's now done. I seriously doubt I'll be changing it again.

With regard to the bullpen, that was one of the first things I moved, but it just messes up the whole bullpen if it's moved. The players no longer appear in the bullpen in normal view, and when you do view them when they're warming up, they still appear on the old bullpen position, even though there is no pitching mound or plate.

River - Unfortunately, no.

Jim, the logo from Yankee Stadium would probably be far too big. I've finished them now anyway, so I'll be moving on. I'm thinking of making that scoreboard in right field a little more interesting and realistic, so I might work on that later tonight for a change of pace, and I'm still not happy with that ugly Hess Express ad.

OK, the update is put back, but it's for a good reason. MarlinsMY has found a way to get the Comcast logo in the home dugout to appear as it should without the reversal, so I've sent him the latest version of my mstadium.o file, and if/when he gets the correction done, I'll release the update.

Good luck with it. When I first started, I wasn't expecting much, but as I learned to do things, I became more and more of a perfectionist. Now I'm bothered if the slightest thing is inaccurate or doesn't look right.

A little mini-announcement here;

In the next version, 0.7 BETA, there will be a few changes, mainly the following;

Home dugout advertisements no longer reversed (Thanks to MarlinsMY)

"Game time Budweiser" advertisement in place in right/right-center field (No idea how I left it out in the first place)

I'm also working on getting the boards behind home plate into the stadium, the ones that say "Mercer County Waterfront Park" and the ticket information one. I've already completed the "Mercer County Waterfront Park" image and am in the final stages of OEditing that into place now. I don't imagine the ticket information image will be too much of a challenge either.

You can see the images I'm talking about by following this link.

Not really a priority at the moment. Once I get the rest looking good and everything else done, I'll see what I can do about the scoreboards. If you want to give it a shot, please do.

Oh, something I forgot above, I'll also be putting the ads in right and right center field in their realistic order.

Good luck with it. When I first started, I wasn't expecting much, but as I learned to do things, I became more and more of a perfectionist. Now I'm bothered if the slightest thing is inaccurate or doesn't look right.

this link.

Im myself am a perfectionist...... I dont see any single A stadiums out there, maybe ill work on one of them... there are a bunch of BEAUTIFUL single-A ballparks out there...... www.digitalballparks.com

Archived