Waterfront Park BETA released

MarkB

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm now working on getting the Molson Canadian and Coors Light ad on top of the hitter's eye in center field into the stadium, but I'm having a problem finding a part that works and won't dissappear 90% of the time.

If I do manage to figure it out, the main board will look like this, without the black section in the middle;

molsoncoors8vm.png

If I could find the bitmap used for the hitter's eye, I could integrate it into that, but I don't know which file it is, and I've looked through the files at least twice.

If anyone has any ideas on either of the above, please let me know. Thanks.

OK, almost done. I've got that looking good now, but I inadvertantly forgot to leave the rest of the alpha bitmap white to show the ads, so now none of the ads are there! Guess I was concentrating to much on the beer section I didn't think about the rest.

Anyway, it's easily fixable, so I'll correct it now and test it, and if all is fine, I'll update again at about 7am - that's 50 minutes.

OK, it's updated. Click here for download page.

As mentioned, the updates are that I've added the signs to the backstop and created the Molson Canadian and Coors Light advertisement to the hitter's eye in center field. I forgot to put in the change log, though, that I had updated the sign order in right field and added the Budweiser advertisement.

074mc.jpg

Anyway, it's updated with the changes mentioned, so we're now up to version 0.7.

Enjoy!

I'm planning another update for later tonight. In this version, I've redone the restuarant and press box areas behind the plate, which I'll probably be doing more on in a later version and I've done some more work on the ads (Added Yuengling ad (hope to get a better one in next version), swapped the Executive Cellular and KHov.com ads with the ACME and Tyco ads, made the Horizon ad larger and photo-realistic, moved the Amtrak ad into the place of the former Horizon ad, added the Strauss Discount Auto and RWJ Hamilton ads in place of the former Coca-Cola ad and added the Perrine ad).

I'm going to try a few other things just now, so there might be more. Look for a release in...I guess about 2 hours, just after 2am BST or 9pm EST.

OK, the file has been updated. Changes:

Restaurant/Press Box area behind home plate totally redone. More to come on that in a future version.

Swapped the location of the Executive Cellular and Khov.com advertisements with the ACME and Tyco advertisements.

Made the Horizon advertisement larger and photo-realistic and moved the Amtrak advertisement into the place of the former Horizon advertisement.

Added Yuengling advertisement. Hope to improve in a later version.

Added the Strauss Discount Auto and RWJ Hamilton advertisements in place of the former Coca-Cola advertisement.

Added the Perrine advertisement.

Let me know of any problems and enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

I just played my first full game in Waterfront for a while and I noticed a problem. The ticket sign behind home plate started to change after the 2nd inning to the Wachovia ad.

This is the first time I've seen this, but I've not played more than an inning or so since I added those signs, so I don't know if it's happening all the time.

If anyone else is seeing this, please post here and let me know about it so that I can try to get it fixed. I was actually planning on releasing a final version tonight, but now that I've seen this, it's doubtful.

Anyway, please post if you've seen this.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, version 1 is uploaded and ready for download. There have been quite a lot of changes, so I might miss a few, but here goes;

Updated the RE/MAX advertisement in left field.

Added fans to the restaurant/press box area behind home plate.

Updated the Hess Express advertisement thanks to BaseballHeadDan.

Added a scoreboard to the left field wall.

Updated the Yuengling advertisement thanks to fizzjob.

Signs behind home plate no longer move thanks to MarlinsMY.

Updated the flags to have the Trenton Thunder logo instead of the New Jersey state logo.

Moved the "407" sign on the hitter's eye in center field to the center field wall.

Included the EA default grass with the package, and made the New York Yankees and Trenton Thunder logos for behind home plate.

Included an updated FEENG.LOC file that replaces "AA Stadium Two" with "Waterfront Park".

Included a stadium select screen image of Waterfront Park instead of the generic AA Stadium Two image.

Made various OEdit changes.

Yeah, I have missed something out, but I can't think what it is, so there you go.

Waterfront Park version 1 is finally done.

I can pretty much guarantee there will be more changes to come, but I'm not sure when I'll have time to do them and I didn't want to just have a beta out there for release, so this will be the last major update until I make the changes I want to.

As usual, please let me know of any problems you find.

Enjoy!

Archived