kerms rosters and the mvpedit dilema

yankees1979

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Devil24 yes its perfectly to edit for your PERSONAL use but to post someone elses WORK with NO Permission is a NO NO Its just as bad as selling them on ebay (which is also happening), If your gonna post something publicly make your own!

No matter what a couple of you guys say, Bottom Line IT ISNT RIGHT,

Its Stealing And I trust Trues will see this and take appropriate action.

What really AMAZES Me is saying your making it better LMAO

Yet your deleting just about 100 AA PROSPECTS AND ROOKIES

I guess thieves will do whatever they feel is necessary even if it means deleting 90 some AA players! but even then you got a huge task at hand Ill let you discover that one on your own lets just say you have a rude awakening coming forward its not worth it :D :shock:

Devil24 yes its perfectly to edit for your PERSONAL use but to post someone elses WORK with NO Permission is a NO NO Its just as bad as selling them on ebay (which is also happening), If your gonna post something publicly make your own!

Great idea, too bad Kerm used EA's roster as a starting point which by your logic making the roster set NOT HIS OWN

eBay? Proof?

Have you not released ps2/xbox rosters claiming?

slipstreamed part of the Patch #2 inside

and other BS claims about reverse engineering the patch? All along giving your paypal address?

you seem to be the only one making a profit off roster sets, maybe you also split it with Kerm who knows. But I'm sure he did not have EA permission to use their roster as a starting point. The only proven thief for profit here is you and maybe kerm if you are sharing the money

I have never asked for a dime or let anyone know what my paypal email was.

Seems to me trying to make MVPedit not work came after users starting releasing rosters that worked better than you hack job for consoles (something needed done since no patch will not be coming to console users). And they were doing it without BS lies and paypal requests. I gave everyone a step by step tutorial on how people could do it their own and not have to wait for someone to do it for them. In doing that no one would need to use your rosters and they would feel no need todonate to you.

Shortly after that Kerm released his no MVPedit roster making it impossible for most users to be able to make their own roster for a console.

But yet you call others thieves, NICE

now im going to go out on a limb here and say studio 1.6 may fix the kerm mvpedit problem.

I tried to import a 25 man roster on top of a AA team and got an error, when trying the same team in a AAA slot it worked. But maybe I screwed something up

i'm going to use kerms roster and just delete 3 players from all the AA teams. i'm just taking my time to delete players that either are no longer playing (brady anderson as far as i know) or that will soon be retiring. like some 40 year old or 30 something that i've never heard of. the others can stay because i will put the proper portraits with them. i had to go to work so i will finish this either tonight or tomorrow. as for the minor league players ratings, how off are they (on kerms rosters)?

You dont have permission DONT tamper with it.

By that logic, NONE of the mods should exist, because I doubt anyone went and got permission from EA to change anything.

However, I do understand why Kerm did what he did. I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing if I put his effort into it. Changing a thing or two with his roster and RERELEASING as your own is plain wrong. But if you want to change something and only use it for your own purposes, I don't see much wrong with that. Kerm got burned by some unscrupulous people, and he got frustrated. Can't blame him.

i'm going to use kerms roster and just delete 3 players from all the AA teams. i'm just taking my time to delete players that either are no longer playing (brady anderson as far as i know) or that will soon be retiring. like some 40 year old or 30 something that i've never heard of. the others can stay because i will put the proper portraits with them. i had to go to work so i will finish this either tonight or tomorrow. as for the minor league players ratings, how off are they (on kerms rosters)?

just really overexaggerrated. most of the minor league guys could be put in the majors and get decent stats, which is not legitimate. i suggest just using totalminors...especially when version 3 is done

I'm very thankfull for the amount of work, time and effort that Kerm or any other modder puts into their files... maybe is because I have first hand experience with my portraits.

I think is totally unfair to b.itch about something like this... yes, maybe Kerm's roster set is just "one with 100 less rookies" and it is just a "clone of EA's"... that's fine... IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T USE IT... plain and simple... made your own (like I did), enjoy it and if you want, share it... but if sharing is not your thing... then f.uck it... I'm just tired of reading people posting c.rap and criticizing the mods right and left... and btw, let me clarify something, I'm not very fond of Kerm because he sometimes lacks something that I call "friendliness" (solely based on an experience I had with him in an exchange of emails), but he's been giving to the modding community for several years now and that should entitle him to a little respect. Also, I know his way of dealing with things is a little radical and he sometimes appears to be a jackass with his answers, but guys, he's just protecting his hard work... no matter if you think it is not "work" at all.

Use his rosters if you like'em... if not, then use somebody else's or make your own... but ENOUGH with the whinning, please.

after a few hours last night i finally got all the rosters to the proper amount. i then had to optimize all the rosters and boy it was a mess. i have decided to take SOME of the players from that roster and import them into the original (after the 2nd patch). some of the players are players not in the mlbpa and a few prospects. this will take me a while but i think it will be better. also i plan on using tonys and halos palyer id system and put the player id for ALL the players...again it will take a while. i plan on using this roster for myself only...but if it comes out really well i may change my mind. of course i would credit everyone elsed work and ask permission first.

:lol: :lol::lol::lol:

This thread is GREAT! Pyleofcrap got his *** handed to him...

"Reverse engineering"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: That's what you get when you try to profit off of "crap" (no pun intended) like this... "Donations welcome" my ***. :roll:

BTW, just want to add.... Kerm, if you even read this, EVER, everyone appreciates all the work you're putting into this stuff. If you don't wan't people doing things to it, just take it up with a head of the site. I remember having a problem with things I've submitted to BBSC and OS, and all it takes is a quick email or PM... problem solved.

Just my .02. y220b.gif

Open source rules! I remember conversing with Kerm last year, and he was much like Geforce with a new baby and all. I sent him an email this year about his rosters and never heard from him.

I can understand not wanting "kiddies" or jackasses making a few changes to YOUR roster and then calling it Johnny’s hot alligator latest and greatest roster!

But to deny the public the use of a roster is stupid. Why let the lame brained ignoramuses chip at your ego? If your reputation is great, people will recognize your work as such and will download your roster, even if its not the latest one. I know I would. I check my sources.

What’s the problem?

He's not denying its usage... the problem here right now is that MVPEdit is not compatible with the way he coded his roster... that's all. There are ways to edit it, but as many people around here just wants to be spoon fed, they rather whine about it.

Have you not released ps2/xbox rosters claiming?

and other BS claims about reverse engineering the patch? All along giving your paypal address?!

WTF...this fix was done on the default.xbe file on the xbox update. It can not be applied to rosters...ummm someone is lying, just how much money did you get from this great hoax?

However, I do understand why Kerm did what he did. I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing if I put his effort into it. Changing a thing or two with his roster and RERELEASING as your own is plain wrong. But if you want to change something and only use it for your own purposes, I don't see much wrong with that. Kerm got burned by some unscrupulous people, and he got frustrated. Can't blame him.

who released them as their own?

you have one jackoff selling rosters on ebay thay MIGHT be kerms, no proof

and a few other guys converting his PC rosters to console rosters giving kerm full credit.

in my attempt to tweak the games original roster i decided to look at other peoples created rosters for ideas (this was all intended for my own purposes and use). i downloaded a few and came across total minors. in th past i thought the total minors roster would not interest me based on what i read. however after checking it out i've decided to scrap what i was doing and jump on the total minors bandwagon. this has to be the most complete and organized roster set i've seen. good thing i found it before i put some hours into what i was doing, which was basically close to what total minors is except i wasn't going to be as thorough. if you haven't checked it out yet download TOTALMINORS!!!!! i will spread the word on how great it is. great job on the set :p

in my attempt to tweak the games original roster i decided to look at other peoples created rosters for ideas (this was all intended for my own purposes and use). i downloaded a few and came across total minors. in th past i thought the total minors roster would not interest me based on what i read. however after checking it out i've decided to scrap what i was doing and jump on the total minors bandwagon. this has to be the most complete and organized roster set i've seen. good thing i found it before i put some hours into what i was doing, which was basically close to what total minors is except i wasn't going to be as thorough. if you haven't checked it out yet download TOTALMINORS!!!!! i will spread the word on how great it is. great job on the set :p

Completely agree. y220b.gif

Thank you very much. Glad you're enjoying it!

GH

Archived