kerms rosters and the mvpedit dilema

yankees1979

in my opinion i think kerms rosters are the best. however one little problem. you cant edit anything in mvpedit. all i want to do is update some portraits that he didnt have and i cant do it. kerm are you coming out with anymore rosters or was that the last one. also if you are coming out with a new set can you make it so we can edit it in mvpedit? keep up the good work. thanks :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in my opinion i think kerms rosters are the best. however one little problem. you cant edit anything in mvpedit.

Losing the ability to use MVP edit is a big negative to me. I like the option to finetune your favorite team. Often, pitchers will be missing a pitch they posses in real life or are in the process of learning.

Too many people were releasing his rosters without permission,

this was done puposeley.

Everyone and their mamma was releasing a version of their own.

the roster set wasnt made with MVPEdit anyways, if you want you can use a notepad or code your own tool to make it easier.

this was done puposeley.

Thats a BS reason, it will load in mvpedit. Search around on info how. Then you delete 3 crappy players from each AA teams and export the damn rosters it works.

Thats a BS reason, it will load in mvpedit. Search around on info how. Then you delete 3 crappy players from each AA teams and export the damn rosters it works.

reeeeally...you wouldn't happen to have a link to the info would you? (please say you do) ;)

It may be a BS reason to you but not to HIM, I dont see why you want to go through all that trouble to steal someone elses work.

Steal ****, is this coming from the same guy who claimed to be the console users savior by merging the 2nd patch with his roster sets for Xbox & PS2, while in the same breath telling everyone his paypal email.

I have not stolen anything, Just because some person sells a roster save on eBay (that might even have been his own) you call me a thief?

here yankees1979

Open roster.dat and delete all the blank lines at the end of the file. MVPedit will load it. Delete 3 players from all AA teams; make sure lineups and rotation are still good. And export

I have not stolen anything, Just because some person sells a roster save on eBay (that might even have been his own) you call me a thief?

unless Kerm can decompile a Xbox and Ps2 save, there is no way to 100% prove the roster is not an original.

unless Kerm can decompile a Xbox and Ps2 save, there is no way to 100% prove the roster is not an original.

Oh but thats where you are wrong, there are several ways to prove that the file was made by him 100%.

You are talking about delteting players off of his file and changing it

HE does not want this done. If your gonna do all that deleting why not make your OWN!

this is the whole reason why he went out of his way to not let people tamper with it so easily.

You dont have permission DONT tamper with it.

And By the Way you dont know me you must be really confused there!

this was done puposeley.

Everyone and their mamma was releasing a version of their own.

the roster set wasnt made with MVPEdit anyways, if you want you can use a notepad or code your own tool to make it easier.

As a previous user of Kerms rosters, and one who may have used his 2003 roster (I cant remember) as a baseline to improve upon, I am sorry to hear that his work was stolen. If I did use his roster in the past (i'm thinking I did) as a baseline for my own, I gave him the appropriate credit in the readme.

If now in 2004, Kerm didn't want anyone to use his work as a baseline for a specific gameplay tweak, even if they credited him, then I'm sorry that he feels unwilling to share with work with people who might take it further with updates, provided they recognize his hard work.

I'm just sad that people would rip-off someone elses work without crediting it.

You are talking about delteting players off of his file and changing it HE does not want this done. If your gonna do all that deleting why not make your OWN!

Hmmm... there's NOTHING wrong with "editing" somebody else's work if it is for personal use only. I do it all the time with the stadiums and uniforms. I always "fix" or "add" stuff to them that I want or think will improve my overall gaming experience.

we dotn have permission to mod ea games.

Exactly... there's NOTHING wrong with modding the game... UNLESS you're doing it and are obtaining some financial profit by "selling" your mods, which, up until now, I've only seen a few instances of that happening.

Steal [naughty word], is this coming from the same guy who claimed to be the console users savior by merging the 2nd patch with his roster sets for Xbox & PS2, while in the same breath telling everyone his paypal email.

here yankees1979

Open roster.dat and delete all the blank lines at the end of the file. MVPedit will load it. Delete 3 players from all AA teams; make sure lineups and rotation are still good. And export

it worked. thanks :D

You dont have permission DONT tamper with it.

part of the nfo

This roster is a complete default roster.  This roster was released with the patch consisting of the changes EA made to the roster.  Although it was completely redone.

guess what , the almighty kerm did not have permission to taper with EA roster set. You can say it is completely redone but a quick look at someone like Danny Graves, proves otherwise. Graves in Kerms roster has the same pitches as the Ea rosters and guess what they are the both wrong. He has like 3 1/2 pitches at best and he best, his go to pitch is a sinker which neither Kerm or EA has given to Danny

So anybody that wants to use Kerm' roster as a starting point and improve apon it CAN, no matter what you say. as that is what he did to an EA roster without their permission.

The piches for most players are not correct, If someone wants to fix all of the and release the roster more power to them.

And By the Way you dont know me you must be really confused there!

you have did not release ps2/xbox rosters claiming?

Also slipstreamed part of the Patch #2 inside

Archived